price increase at WSP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llineb

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the price increase at WSP? I was ok with the included shipping addition but now the prices are kinda out of my budget for a small town soaper and the 30$ minimum was an extra kick. Bummer! :(

Thanks for listening!

Yep yep.

What I do is have several tabs open. One for each site - for example: BB, Peak, NG, WSP, etc that I know sells basically the same things I need.

Add the same items to the cart on each site, tack on shipping, then buy from the one with the lowest total, unless one of the sites doesn't have something I need and the prices are very close.

I looked the other day because I wanted to buy WTG FO because I knew how well it holds up in CP. I was shocked at the price. I'll just get it from NG. It works out a lot cheaper even with shipping added on to it.

I do the same thing as Amy. I open tabs and compare the different sites.

I've tried products from a few suppliers and have only been happy with the ones from WSP. Not to say that I've ordered from a lot of sites. One has to keep in mind that the price of EVERYTHING is going up. I'd rather pay a little more and know I'm getting a quality product. Again, there are a lot of places where I've not shopped, NG being one of them.

Next time, I'm going to attack it as you guys do, with several windows open, but only from suppliers I know have quality products. Some places tack on such a high shipping price that it's not worth it, depending on how much the order is.

Fortunately, they were never on my list of the best suppliers except for a few things - so I can easily live without them.

JackiK said:
One has to keep in mind that the price of EVERYTHING is going up. I'd rather pay a little more and know I'm getting a quality product.

The WSP price history is quite... well absurd, really.

I do the same thing also - "place an order" from different suppliers at the same time and see which one comes out best.
I've only bought molds from WSP - so nothing lost there as I have all that I want.

JackiK said:
One has to keep in mind that the price of EVERYTHING is going up. I'd rather pay a little more and know I'm getting a quality product.

What carebear said. Earlier this summer some of the fos I used to buy from them doubled. Yes, doubled. That is not your average price increase. Around that same time my customer appreciation points lost 1/2 their value. The point I had saved up over several months for being a loyal, regular customer were worth X amount one day and 1/2 that the next. It's constantly changing. Can you imagine flying 1 particular airline for a long period of time so you can save up 100,000 air miles for a trip & when you walk in to redeem them they say oh, we have changed our mind, 100,000 points will only get you 1/2 way there now, but we appreciate you.

I stick by my opinion. That's what's nice about America, we can have one and not be persecuted!

It's ok to like stuff from WSP. People can hate the company and not hate the company's customers... heck, people can hate the company and still buy from them.

I hate the soap cutter I got from them. It's worthless. Their scents are ok, but I personally like Peak's and BB much, much better. But we all have different noses. My sister's favorite FO is WSP's cranberry apple which I think is nasty and sickly sweet. I wouldn't make it for anyone but her lol.

I like a lot of scents from WSP but unfortunately a lot of their FO prices have gone up. Some have also gone down. But the good ones always go up :p

I'm not happy about it but I still buy from WSP. However, I carefully choose what I want. My sister's favorite scent (I like it, too) is Vanilla Bean Noel. I had run out so I ordered some more but I had to select a couple more items to meet the minimum.

Although, I would buy from another site if it was a better price and I could find a VBN which smells as good as this one.

I just made my first purchase from this company and I didn't know that they raised the prices recently. I have only ordered from BB before. I did add the same things in my basket from both companies to compare prices. On my $200 order, BB was about $10 more. I was trilled when I realized that I got 2 free FOs and a loyalty credit. I was mostly ordering oils. I need to check out some other sites that I have seen mentioned.

Tabitha said:
JackiK said:

What carebear said. Earlier this summer some of the fos I used to buy from them doubled. Yes, doubled. That is not your average price increase. Around that same time my customer appreciation points lost 1/2 their value. The point I had saved up over several months for being a loyal, regular customer were worth X amount one day and 1/2 that the next. It's constantly changing. Can you imagine flying 1 particular airline for a long period of time so you can save up 100,000 air miles for a trip & when you walk in to redeem them they say oh, we have changed our mind, 100,000 points will only get you 1/2 way there now, but we appreciate you.

Again, I was ok with the included shipping in the price but now things went up again and went I went to purchase an oil I ran out of it wanted me to order a 30$ min. But the major item I get from them is their bulk M&P base. It is now double what BB charges and I know shipping doesn't cost that much! Even with the shipping costs I saved a ton more at BB. I will have to try some of these other sites you guys recommend for my oils...I think I have all the one's from BB.

Hazel...My top seller in body butter is Vanilla Bean Noel...love it!!!!! Hope I have enough to make it until they change their prices again...hopefully in our favor but doubt it...I also LOVE their Sugared Spruce for Christmas Lotion Bars but am out of this one. :cry:

llineb,

Try essentials by catalina for your base. You can save BIg when you order 40# at a time.

I dont WANT to buy from them, but when I do a price comparison , they almost always come out cheaper. Like their soap boxes, like 3 lbs of shea butter, like a gallon of lotion( silk and satin that I really like)or lotion containers, or slider tins. I never buy fos from them, or rarely.
yeah whats up with the minimum now and points that I cant use unless I spend 100$ !!!

An interesting thread running over at the Dish. Read it, if you belong.

carebear said:

I do now, just cause I was curious lol. Wonder how WSP stays in business with SO many disgruntled customers. Or maybe they're having trouble and trying very, very, poorly, to fix it.

carebear said:

Wow, I hate to see WSP go out of buisness, I used them as my main supplier for MANY years, but they have gotten so many of their customers upset I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Her serious customers that did 'volumn' with her have already left from what I can gather. I looks like her customer base now is mostly newbies who have yet to get burned and 'small-order' folks.

Latest posts

Back