Pretty pink colouring for Rose soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starduster

Reaction score
I am getting ready to make a rose soap.I really want this to be special and the rose essential oil isn't cheap so I dont want to make any mistakes.
I have been looking up pink colouring and there are so many ways to do it.What do you recomend?
I want a really romantic look.
Thanks

Pink Kaolin Clay. Beautiful soft pink color. 1tsp to 1 tbs ppo.

There are a number of different types of colorants you can use. Results also depend on whether you are doing CP, rebatching or M&P. Since your scent oil is $$, it would be a good idea to do a small test batch using the colorant to actually see what the color will ultimately end up being in your recipe. Trust me, it does not always turn out like you expected. :lol: And take notes as to amounts added for the test batch.

This link gives you a good run down on types of colorants. http://www.teachsoap.com/colorants.html This is just an excellent site all around.

Here, she shows you results of using clays and natural colorants. http://crafty.dyskolus.com/coloring/redpinks.html

I made a soap with rose scent that I called "Mama's Roses" for a very special person - mama. To get the dusky rose ccoloring I wanted, clay worked beautifully.

An idea I saw somewhere that worked well for me was to sprinkle crushed dried rose petals on top right after pouring. One drawback, while it does look pretty, it is a good idea to pick them off before using in the bath/shower. They stick everywhere.

For a different look, you could also use a pink/red/coral jojoba beads. Then simply swirl these mixed in white to your white base.

Digit

How do those jojoba beads work? Do they melt as you swirl them?

Are they all natural jojoba?

Pretty Pink Coloring for Rose soap

I have used the rose or pink clay with very good results in CP soap. In my one pound batches I have only used a tiny pinch...pinch by pinch added at thin trace and well mixed until I get the color I like. One advantage of the clay over dyes is that the color you see in your pot will most likely be the color you get even after gel. The disadvantage comes when you use too much clay. Your soap will be chalky! A little bit goes a long way and it is nice for the skin too.

In the last few months I've taken to adding my clays to the oil before the lye, then I can SB the beegeezus out of it with out worrying about trace. Same for fragrance. I just start there. Work backwards.

Heart felt thankyou

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks everyone soo much.
For some reason making rose soap does seem very significant so while I leapt in feet first to all else this one I really wanted good advice first and thankyou so much for sharing.
I will experiment with all those ideas.
After waking ,before coming down to check the soap making forum,(my first daily treat,one of the best), I sketched a soap bubble fairy and she has turned out cute.I will make her into a card later to go with soaps and show and tell then.
So today is shaping up to be great.
Was there life before soap making, or was that just a mirrage in a soap bubble?
Thanks again
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ps: CP is the process and as usual Macadamia, being loccally produced and gorgeous will be the main ingredient.
Macadamia 500 gr
Coconut 350 gr
Olive 150 gr
? does that sound Ok?
maybe some Aloe from my garden.Like 40 grms
I am growing some mini roses to add to the soaps, but I wonder if posting overseas with such is okay?
What would be best undertones to help hold rose ess oil perfume in?
Thanks again

Back