Preserving Soap

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
has anyone ever preserved soap by freezing? Is that a thing? If someone made a particular holiday soap, and they didn’t sell out, could the soap be preserved until next year in some way?

Obsidian

Reaction score
I have froze soap, in fact I probably have some from a few years back still in the deep freeze.
I did it to prevent dos as it had a high iodine number and I was worried.

I should pull a bar out and see how the scent is.
Last time I checked it, it still smelled nice. The soap does get damp while thawing so any glitter or other decorative stuff would probably run.
Maybe thawing slow in the fridge would help.

TheGecko

Reaction score
has anyone ever preserved soap by freezing? Is that a thing? If someone made a particular holiday soap, and they didn’t sell out, could the soap be preserved until next year in some way?
I just put mine in a cardboard box in the garage.

CpnDouchette

Reaction score
I have froze soap, in fact I probably have some from a few years back still in the deep freeze.
I did it to prevent dos as it had a high iodine number and I was worried.

I should pull a bar out and see how the scent is.
Last time I checked it, it still smelled nice. The soap does get damp while thawing so any glitter or other decorative stuff would probably run.
Maybe thawing slow in the fridge would help.
Huh. My deep freezer is full of all sorts of (freezer burnt) delights. Its not unheard of for me to pull out a pie thinking its savoury only to find as I cut into it its fruit (which makes for some interesting dinners). I can fully see myself pulling out what seems to be some pastry only to find its soap if it made its way to my freezer.....

Mobjack Bay

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have soap in the freezer from last winter and will try to remember to check on it tomorrow and report back. The soap was made with EOs and cured for eight weeks before freezing.

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been kind of panicking about my Christmas soaps. But they’re finally selling. 😆 Whew! I really am going to try and freeze one and see what happens though. Curious if it changes.

Latest posts