preservatives lotion

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamid

Reaction score
Hi. What other preservatives can I use instead of lotion Germaben IIE or Optiphen؟

Leucidal preservatives do not have a good reputation for providing reliable, effective broad spectrum protection. This one is supposedly an improvement over the older leucidal products, but I'd advise using this product in a preservative system (more than one preservative) rather than rely on it alone.

Leucidal preservatives do not have a good reputation for providing reliable, effective broad spectrum protection. This one is supposedly an improvement over the older leucidal products, but I'd advise using this product in a preservative system (more than one preservative) rather than rely on it alone.
I agree with DeeAnna that I would not depend on it as a standalone preservative. In fact, I use more than one preservative in my system and I am not using the newer natural preservatives.

I agree with both @DeeAnna and @cmzaha. Whether selling or not selling, preservatives are a must and they must be proven to be effective. Anything less and if you sell, you are opening yourself to litigation, if you don't sell, anyone who uses your product could have adverse reactions to bacteria that can't even be seen. Mold can be seen, but that is the last thing to show up when your formulations are growing bacteria.
https://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/library/preservatives.asp

Back