Prep for February Challenge

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is using soap clay mixed with a little water in her bowl to use as glue.

The comments in Vicki's video are well worth reading. Vicki answers a lot of questions and is so generous with information.

The other liquid is alcohol, to act as a release (in her comments Vicki mentions she wanted 100%, but couldn't get it where she is).

What is being used for "glue"? I've had some success with water, zero success with m&p.

My dough has enough stickiness to hold together although sometimes it takes a touch of pressure or just letting it sit. I have not seen Sorcery Soap use anything, that I recall. Just a tiny touch of water might be helpful but too much and everything gets very slick.

She is using soap clay mixed with a little water in her bowl to use as glue.

The comments in Vicki's video are well worth reading. Vicki answers a lot of questions and is so generous with information.

The other liquid is alcohol, to act as a release (in her comments Vicki mentions she wanted 100%, but couldn't get it where she is).
This is assuming I know how to use YouTube on my mobile... I have never been able to see comments on a YT video. I know they exist, just not in my world...

This is assuming I know how to use YouTube on my mobile... I have never been able to see comments on a YT video. I know they exist, just not in my world...
That's why i don't like watching youtube via my TiVo; no comments. I do sometimes watch on the TV late at night when I want a bigger screen, but not being able to see the detailed descriptions and comments is definitely a negative. On my phone, I don't like the youtube mobile app; I prefer using my web browser for most things on my phone.

That's why i don't like watching youtube via my TiVo; no comments. I do sometimes watch on the TV late at night when I want a bigger screen, but not being able to see the detailed descriptions and comments is definitely a negative. On my phone, I don't like the youtube mobile app; I prefer using my web browser for most things on my phone.
PTL it's not just me!

That's a shame. It's like here, sometimes intriguing ideas are teased out in the conversation.

I usually do as newbie does, and use the dough itself (pushing or scraping it into itself) or a little moisture when I can use pressure and it won't hold itself, but the paintbrush and soap/soapy water idea I liked a lot.

Earlene ... if you have a spare HDMI port on your TV screen, you might be able to run the video feed from your computer, rather than using TiVo. It might take an adapter from your video card (some video cards have only one HDMI output, but will have a DVI port that you can add an adapter to run a HDMI cable from). This is just a vague idea, but it came to mind because we did a similar thing for a VR setup that needed an additional monitor/tv.

Earlene ... if you have a spare HDMI port on your TV screen, you might be able to run the video feed from your computer, rather than using TiVo. It might take an adapter from your video card (some video cards have only one HDMI output, but will have a DVI port that you can add an adapter to run a HDMI cable from). This is just a vague idea, but it came to mind because we did a similar thing for a VR setup that needed an additional monitor/tv.

Yes, I actually do that sometimes if more than one person is watching something that can only be watched via my laptop, but it's not extremely convenient and I hate going through the entire ordeal unless there is absolutely no other way. Our entertainment system is far more complex than I ever wanted it to be, and hooking up additional stuff to it is crazy making. One of these days I'd like to start over with all newer equipment, but not until I can convince my husband to take the blankety-blank TV off the wall above the fireplace. It's an awfully inconvenient location, but he likes it there and our living room is such a horrible shape for watching big screen TV that he is convinced this is the only place for it. So it shall remain probably until this current TV stops working or we move, whichever comes first. Of course he will have to patch the holes in the wall and paint. :eek:

Latest posts

Back