Praise the Lord, it worked!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackDog

Reaction score
I tried my first pencil line this weekend using cocoa powder. Bottom layer is colored with Mad Oils Satin Penny mica, top layer was left uncolored. The whole lot is scented with NG Tobacco & Caramel. A little extra cocoa sprinkled on top.

izxhxy.jpg

It was not as easy as they make it look in the YouTube videos, ha! I was stressing overnight and had extremely low expectations when I cut into it - I was sure it would look like a hot mess but I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. I love the scent; I hope it sticks well!http://www.soapmakingforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

WooHoo! I'm jumping for joy with you! Well.....at least on my insides anyway. My outsides are sitting on a chair. lol Pencil lines can be nerve-wracking little buggers to do, for sure.

IrishLass :)

Last edited:
BlackDog, I *love* that pencil line, there is something about the slight un-evenness, the way it blends b/w the colors above and below (also, the white above seems to have a slight translucence which is beautiful where the colors meet) and the proportions above/below the line. I don't even like pencil lines that much generally, but I wish I could do something like this consistently.

not_ally, what a nice compliment; thank you! I was going for a more uneven bottom layer than what I ended up with - when I mixed the color in I stick blended for a bit and it was still a bit too thin to texture, so I waited for a few minutes hoping it would stiffen up a bit, which it did.

However, while I was waiting around, the white part (which I did not sb at all after one initial quick round to disperse the FO) was also thickening too quickly for my liking! So I hurried up and did the line and globbed the top layer in lol.

So I was definitely stressing but got the job done anyway :thumbup:

That is beautiful soap for sure and bravo on the pencil line, I haven't been brave enough to try it yet :)

Serendipity or planning, I just love the way they way look. I am going to admit that I am nutty and make batches and batches to get a technique right/satisfactorily pretty, I did with pencil lines, but mine were not even close to being as pretty as yours. I would hoard those bars b/c the line is so pretty :)

Very nice soap...I suddenly have an urge for Starbucks...

Latest posts

Back