Practising swirls at lunch... I'm officially crazy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spenny92

Reaction score
So, I whipped up a big pot of pumpkin and coconut soup yesterday (yum!) for my boyfriend and I's lunch for the next few days as we're so swamped at work on the farm and barely have time to eat! We sat down for lunch today and I added an extra little dollop of coconut cream to my soup. Started to mix it in, then thought WAIT, I can practice swirling! My boyfriend looked at me like I had just grown a second head.

I'm so useless at swirling and hate wasting materials by making ugly batches, but this way I can practice in my SOUP! For the pretty tops, at least...

I just thought I'd share for nothing else but some justification that no, I'm not crazy and it's a totally sensible suggestion for us soapers, at least. My boyfriend thinks I'm nuts. :oops:

11913100_10156188205925227_462711298_n.jpg

heheeeeeeeeeeeeeee mine hubby runs like hell when he hears "soap" .Not to mistake with running into shower with my soap:))

Hahah. I almost knock my boyfriend over when he comes home from work and I have new soap for him to use. I think he's getting a little tired of me making him wash his hands 5 times with 5 different soaps every time he comes home. In my defence, he's a farmer and often comes home with very dirty hands, so I think multiple washes can only be a good thing for him! :razz:

Oooh, cake batter. I think I did read somewhere about that being a good guinea pig for swirls. Mmm, maybe an excuse to get baking! :shifty:

Yes you are just as crazy as the rest of us...any time I come across any type thick liquids of different colors, I swirl them..I suck at swirls so practice practice practice :lol:

The soup looks great! I bet it tastes great too. Do you have a recipe you'd mind sharing? I love pumpkin in just about everything except smoothies (huge disappointment).

The soup looks great! I bet it tastes great too. Do you have a recipe you'd mind sharing? I love pumpkin in just about everything except smoothies (huge disappointment).
I would love a great recipe for pumpkin soup too!! Love pumpkin soup but have never made one that I would call great, just good. My daughter has some sugar pumpkins growing so I can see some soup in the future

Sure! It's the first time I've made it, but it was super yummy - my boyfriend would like less coconut cream, but it's a personal thing I think.

1 medium pumpkin (I used about 2/3 of a large one)
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp curry powder
1 litre chicken stock
200ml coconut cream

I just chucked the pumpkin (whole, not chopped up) into a roasting tray drizzled with some olive oil and baked on medium heat for about an hour. Once cool enough to handle, roughly chop and remove skin.
Chop onion, fry with spices and garlic until soft. Add chicken stock, bring to boil, reduce heat and add pumpkin. Simmer for 10 mins or so. Stick blend until smooth and creamy and add coconut cream. Salt and pepper to season.

It's super simple but I looove it. You can increase the curry powder or add some cayenne pepper if you want a little kick.

Back