Practice makes perfect...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we're all a little ragged and sick of that particular topic (new sellers) after those couple of recent threads. I was just hoping we didn't have to do it every single time. If it must be done publicly, it would be awesome if admin would instead just link to an article or sticky about how to determine one is ready to sell soap, so we can instead focus on what WAS being discussed, which was the hyper-blue soap, and the other photos here in the photo gallery.

Couldn't agree more! :p

I think that if you don't like what the admins post or other advanced soapers post then perhaps you need to heed your own advice and move on and ignore what you don't want to see rather than post your own opinion or comments to stir things up. This is a public forum and we all have the choice to read or not read something written by others. It's almost like some people just want to stir the pot. Admins are admins for a reason.

It's almost like some people just want to stir the pot. Admins are admins for a reason.

Ironically, it was an admin stirring the pot this time, imo. But I take your point, and will just hope that we can just let the dust settle on this issue for a while.

It was just a suggestion, and like any, it's fine to disagree. Thought it might make things easier/smoother. My apologies if it ruffled yer feathers, not my intention at all.

lizettevdm23 maybe I missed it, I think someone else asked, but I didn't see your response: What are the exfoliation granules in the middle soap?

...if you don't like what the admins post or other advanced soapers post

Sigh. Nothing ever changes. There are always bigger kids in the playground.

I thought one of the points of a forum WAS to share and post your own opinions and comments. Or is it simply to seek advice from these afore-mentioned admins and advanced soapers? If so, I for one would find that rather off-putting. I really like to hear and see what new people are doing, mistakes, daft questions and all.

lizettevdm23 - what's your next challenge? Maybe you need a yellow one to be the sunshiney day, after your "rain" bars! :) ;)

lizettevdm23 - what's your next challenge? Maybe you need a yellow one to be the sunshiney day, after your "rain" bars! :) ;)

No sorry I didn't even answer you CanaDawn...I am attaching a photo of the granuals contaner that I bought.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1406743551.575961.jpgNot even sure if it's a natural product but we'll see how it turns out when it's cured.
Also when my soap seized, I actually worked so fast and reheated it a little bit, then just added the colouring with the speed of light (possibly the reason also for adding too much) and when I got it in the mould I took two sticks and just gave it a very fast stir and left it as that. Also very surprized on the turnout! I wish I had cameras in my house to rewatch the chaos hahahaha!!

Not sure yet of my next challenge. I have got activated charcoal and jasmine fragrance that I haven't done anything with yet, but don't think the fragranc match the color?!

Lizette

be careful with the jasmine fo, as some florals are notorious ricers, seizers. i hope yours won't do funky stuff.

I can't wait to see your next project. I love Jasmine and luckily the one from wsp didn't sieze me up. It helped that I added it to my oils before the lye water - that trick has been a life saver!

If it must be done publicly, it would be awesome if admin would instead just link to an article or sticky about how to determine one is ready to sell soap.

If you look at old posts, this has been done.

Soo..........yeah.....

Hey, Jasmine soap next? With hidden cameras? ;)

I agree, Jasmine and charcoal would be an unexpected combination - sounds like TWO new batches in the works then? :)

You send a private message to one of the administrators. In alphabetical order: Austin, Hazel, judymoody, Lindy, lsg, paillo or Relle.

Latest posts

Back