Practice makes perfect...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizettevdm23

Reaction score
So, I got my first seize !! Anyhow, I thought I fixed it but being soooooo freaked out when it happened I added too much coloring. Now I have Cloudy With A Chance Of BLUE! Blue foam, blue EVERYTHING! Can't sell them so we'll use them at home.

I was not impressed with myself so I made two new batches that came out lovely! Image with the bright blue soap shows my blob of blue mess. The light blue is a lovely Jasmine with fine blue granuals for exfoliation. The yellowish is tumeric (very little) with honeybush tea and a honey fragrance. They are so great I want to eat them.

Guess it turned out well in the end... :)
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1406573135.099841.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1406573169.471172.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1406573200.542538.jpg

Lizette

PRetty, but I see how the blue everything would be a problem. Short of calling it Smurf Soap or Mel Gibson Soap, could you cut it and use it in other soaps to sell?

PRetty, but I see how the blue everything would be a problem. Short of calling it Smurf Soap or Mel Gibson Soap, could you cut it and use it in other soaps to sell?

That could be an idea thanks!! Didn't think about that. :)

Lizette

I have this vision of shredding it and using it in a soap called "A Chance of Rain" so it looks like raindrops in a white/grey/blue soap. :) (then the leaky blue would just fit the theme!)

Beautiful soaps! I like the vivid blue but I can see how it would be a bit of a problem staining the wash cloths, tub, shower, skin..... CanaDawn's idea of rain drops would be perfect for it! Your "seizure" may end up being amazing in the end, lol. Who knows, you may want to add it to your permanent design line! :smile:

Appreciate all the advice and pep talk :) makes me feel a little better thanks!

Lizette

These are great. I especially love the blue one. It reminds me of indigo dying like this:
indigo.jpg

So, I got my first seize ��!! Anyhow, I thought I fixed it but being soooooo freaked out when it happened I added too much coloring. Now I have Cloudy With A Chance Of BLUE! Blue foam, blue EVERYTHING! Can't sell them so we'll use them at home.

I was not impressed with myself so I made two new batches that came out lovely! Image with the bright blue soap shows my blob of blue mess. The light blue is a lovely Jasmine with fine blue granuals for exfoliation. The yellowish is tumeric (very little) with honeybush tea and a honey fragrance. They are so great I want to eat them.

Guess it turned out well in the end... :)

From post on 7/8 so 3 weeks ago
http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=47085

So I am new and just started and tried my first two batches yesterday. To my surprize...this is what came out. I used Pringles containers and cocoa and paprika to color. Very excited to make more and more and more and more soap!! :smile:

Agreed. Maybe it's time admin had a policy of referring posters in these situations *privately* to an FAQ or article.

Sorry I have no idea what you are trying to refer me to? Am I not allowed to post my pictures?

Lizette

Hi Lizette,

They are referring to your statement that you only started making soap 3 weeks ago but are already talking about selling, Presumably you are not selling soap YET as they can't be ready, are not fully cured and won't have been tested properly.

Anyhow, the soaps look lovely and I particularly like the pale blue sparkly one. What are the blue granules made of?

Thanks for helping to clear that up a bit. Obviously I will not sell any soap that has not been cured properly or tested! I think my post was in any case shared so that I could tell about my soap that seized an not about when I am going to start selling them. Apologies if my post attracted the wrong attention. I thought this forum was abou sharing, supporting and enjoying.... Guess I was wrong.

Thank you to everyone else for the lovely comments.

Lizette

Lizette, wow that is one blue soap! :D what did you use as a colorant? Did you test it yet? I wonder if the suds are gonna be blue? My bet is: yes :D

I thought this forum was abou sharing, supporting and enjoying.... Guess I was wrong.

Thank you to everyone else for the lovely comments.

Lizette

Lizette it is about supporting and enjoying and learning. For many people the subject of people selling too quickly is a sore one. It brings out a emotional response and can get heated. I hope you will take the time to read around the forum and take some advice from some old soapers, some of which are very set in our ways. Oh and grow a thick skin - you will need that anyway when the time does come that you begin selling.

Lizette, wow that is one blue soap! :D what did you use as a colorant? Did you test it yet? I wonder if the suds are gonna be blue? My bet is: yes :D

Yes definitely not what I expected! Hahahaha! I used a blue tint which is actually for liquid soap...but as you can see way tooooo much! Will rather stick to my micas next time :)

Oh almost forgot...yes I did test it...blue foam all over the place!!! Not nice at all

Lizette

Lizette it is about supporting and enjoying and learning. For many people the subject of people selling too quickly is a sore one. It brings out a emotional response and can get heated. I hope you will take the time to read around the forum and take some advice from some old soapers, some of which are very set in our ways. Oh and grow a thick skin - you will need that anyway when the time does come that you begin selling.

Will do thank you so much. I am not thinking of selling anything before I am absolutely sure it is exceptional. Love making soap and will continue to share, ask for advice and learn from the wisdom from the ones who has done this for a long time :)

Lizette

If the post is put up for all to read , it is replied to, publicaly.

I think we're all a little ragged and sick of that particular topic (new sellers) after those couple of recent threads. I was just hoping we didn't have to do it every single time. If it must be done publicly, it would be awesome if admin would instead just link to an article or sticky about how to determine one is ready to sell soap, so we can instead focus on what WAS being discussed, which was the hyper-blue soap, and the other photos here in the photo gallery.

to whit: That first hyper blue soap looks really smooth and solid for a seized batch! How did you get it into the molds AND manage a little swirl in the white? must have been some hectic moments in your soaping centre!

Back