Powerded cranberry fiber as a colorant

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just purchased some powdered cranberry fiber to use as a colorant/exfolient in soap. It is reputed to add a pink to red hue to CP soap depending on how much is added. I am excited to experiment with it. Has anyone here used this ingredient before?

I would like to know too.

Does Rosewood smell like roses? I have never smelled it before and have wanted to order it but I don't like rose..

Jezzy said:
I would like to know too.

Does Rosewood smell like roses? I have never smelled it before and have wanted to order it but I don't like rose..

hi jez!

I wouldn't say it smells like roses but it does have its own unique, sweet, smokey smell (that is my own opinion/observation). I think you should order a small amount, you may really like it.

I shall jump on the bandwagon as well, Im curious as to whether the lye monster will destroy the beautiful color of the powder, or if itll make it through to the end of the soap!

:)

Not sure about Cranberry fibers specifically, but I have (and do) use Blueberry fibers.

I mainly wanted to add them for the texture factor, but also was up for anything that would add color as well.

In my experience (I have used them in 3 batches) the coloring you get definitely depends on how much you use.
With the blueberry I get much more exfoliation than color unless I use A Lot.
The little ground up seeds and other pieces come through in the finished soap more so than a blue color. Mostly I've ended up with a Very Very faint pale blueish coloring from it.

I look forward to seeing how the Cranberry work out for you, as I have contemplated trying those out as well. :)

edit: Doh! The photo in my avatar....there are Blueberry fibers in the top layer of those bars. ;)

Latest posts

Back