Powdered rose petals

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with using powdered rose petals in their CP soap? Every time I Google it, it shows rose clay. It makes a great relaxing face mask and so I wanted to try it in soap. I am worried about it discoloring the soap, so I figured I'd let everything cool before mixing it in. It smells great and is very pretty and I hope it turns the soap a pretty pink. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have some that was gifted to me. I included it in my infusions, along with actual dried rose petals. I've not tried it though..

I found this. Looks like a nice enough brown if you really want to use it. I've seen it mostly used together with pink clay and it doesn't seem to be too brown then.

Attachments

• _20200126_132455.JPG
    _20200126_132455.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 36
I wonder if it turns brown from oxidation. My rose powder was left over from a failed experiment and I didn't want it to go to waste.

Funny, I was just googling this tonight. I have a bag of rose petal powder I was going to try but did find Hibiscus powder works for pinkish red and I also have that so my plan i t test it tomorrow.

So a little off topic, but if you want a trippy experience, using rosehips powder as a colorant is fascinating! When you cut it, only the outside borders are brick red and then you can watch it as the color spreads throughout until the whole bar is red.

So a little off topic, but if you want a trippy experience, using rosehips powder as a colorant is fascinating! When you cut it, only the outside borders are brick red and then you can watch it as the color spreads throughout until the whole bar is red.
That sounds interesting. I will have to make a note of it.

Latest posts

Back