Powdered Goat's Milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Reaction score
I've only made goat's milk soap in the past with whole goat's milk, instead of the water as the liquid. I'd freeze the milk until slushy, then add the lye while the slushy goat's milk was in a bowl in an ice bath. Then when I stick blended, I kept the whole think in the ice bath. This worked out really great. But I lost my source for fresh goat's milk, and started making other soaps.

A friend recently gifted me with a big can of powdered goat's milk! But, now what? :?:

I am unsure if I should reconstitute the goat's milk, or add it at trace as a powder mixed in a little of the oil. If adding it into the oil at trace, how much ppo would be a good amount for the silkiness goat's milk imparts? The can says two level scoops make 8 ounces of goat's milk.

Thanks so much for your suggestions!

I made a few batches of goatmilk soap, one I used powdered goat milk, I reconstituted with 50ml warm water. I quickly and carefully mixed my lye and oils till well hand blended, then added the goatmilk, then used the stick blender, they turned out great.

Latest posts

Back