Powdered goat milk tan discoloration

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoctorCrowley

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just made soap using the split method (I did this once before in an oatmeal milk and honey soap but it was a golden brown so idk if this was an issue on it). I did a pink, purple and teal soap - added my GM powder to the oils. But upon cutting the inside of the soap has a tan/yellowish tint while the outside is bright and colorful. Any ways to prevent this from happening? I was checking on it and it didn't seem to get too hot. FO is hot pink lime by nature's garden so no vanillin to discolor it. Edited to add picture
20220324_201815.jpg

Last edited:
It doesn't take your soap overheating to scorch milk. And it could be a combination of the natural yellow tint of your oils combined with the opaqueness of the milk powder.

That's how my colors appear when I don't gel my soaps - very muted. FWIW, I have no scorching, overheating, or other problems when gelling my soaps that have GMP in them.

But it is weird that the outside of yours is bright, and only the inside is muted.

That's what is throwing me off. I have all edges bright and the inside all this tan color (some areas worse than others). I don't typically work with goats milk but I thought this wasn't even supposed to happen when using the powdered stuff (which is why I'm using it lol).

Back