Powdered Fragrance..?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolesica

Reaction score
Just curious, but has anyone tried something like this? A friend sent it to me and I’ve never even heard of a powdered form of fragrance. Wonder if it would stick better or longer?

Has anyone used such a thing? It says it’s developed for CP soaps as well as lotions, etc.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1395792401/

Very interesting! I never heard of it before this. Looking at the Etsy listing, I don't see any reviews for use in soap, only candles.

Same. I’ve just never heard of it beforehand so was wondering if anyone else had. I’m *almost* tempted

Here is what it says in the description of the product first mentioned.
"
We take popular liquid scent oils and convert them to an easy to use powder that doesn't create a mess like traditional liquids when measuring. You can use our scents at the same levels you currently are using oils at. If you use our Powder2Oil© in clear liquids or gel candles, you will experience some residual powder that will settle. Works best with thicker, opaque products like lotions, candles and soaps.

Quantity: 113.5 grams, same as 1/4 pound or 4 dry ounces, all measured by weight, not volume like a traditional liquid
Packaging: Ships in a plastic jar, please recycle when empty
Physical Appearance: Powder, slightly thick, easy to scoop and measure"

Sadly though, here is their response to my question regarding cp soap. Sigh

Attachments

• 47F6177A-F85B-41DB-B84C-65FA4CD2A914.jpeg
    47F6177A-F85B-41DB-B84C-65FA4CD2A914.jpeg
    342 KB · Views: 0
When I was a kid in the 80s, they used to sell talcum powder fragrances. You just soak the powder in the fragrance until it's dry after making it wet and you can powder your body with it. Of course, now adays they know there's a problem with talcum powder.

Ish. I was going to just go ahead and order some of the powdered fragrance… until I got to the shipping portion and it was almost $14. I’m far too cheap for that 😂

It's mostly dextrose, and the volume per weight will be a lot more than for a liquid.

How much sugar (basically) would you be stirring into the raw soap if as they say, use at the same %? What would that do to your batch?

There's also no way, it being mostly dextrose, that the scent level would be the same as fo or eo.

Edit to add: plus, if they're water soluble, there's an undisclosed emulsifier present. Dextrose isn't an emulsifier.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back