Powder Sprayers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusti

Reaction score
I'm not even sure which section of the forum this belongs in, so as I would be using one to decorate soap, I'll go with this one (and not be upset if it is moved).

Has anyone gotten one or three of those mica sprayer things that all the suppliers seem to be offering now and tried them out for stuff like pencil lines or decorating the tops of their loaves? How did they work out for you? I want to try a pencil line in a Christmas soap with a FO that I know turns dark so I won't be bothering trying to color the batter itself and am afraid my tea ball strainer may powder the layers a little too heavy.

I have used the ones that BB is selling and they work well, especially for quick pencil lines. I would just say that you might want to use a plastic drop cloth (or other washable/disposable barrier) as the sprayers can clog and then the mica goes everywhere. It's easy to go a little heavy and then worry about soap adherence but I've yet to have an issue with crumbling.

Also, there's a reason they sell them in bulk. Changing colors is a pain and if you can afford it, it makes sense to have dedicated color sprayers (especially for reds and black). Good luck!

Just to follow up on this (Sorry you didn't get more responses), I would avoid using any Mica/TD blends in these sprayers because you'll inevitably have some aerosolization of particles. Today, using a gold mica for a quick pencil line, I noticed quite a cloud of mica in the air for minutes afterward. It's best not to inhale these particles, esp. TD.

Just to follow up on this (Sorry you didn't get more responses), I would avoid using any Mica/TD blends in these sprayers because you'll inevitably have some aerosolization of particles. Today, using a gold mica for a quick pencil line, I noticed quite a cloud of mica in the air for minutes afterward. It's best not to inhale these particles, esp. TD.

Yeah, I went ahead and ordered one and tried it yesterday and frankly it was just a pain. I'm not sure I'll use it any kid of regularly. I did better just using the tea strainer/ball

Latest posts

Back