Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My happy today is that my new washer and dryer is being delivered tomorrow YAY. I am not going to just tell you how happy I am, I am going to show you the state of my current situation:

View attachment 70789

I will use something until it literally falls apart LOL. Well, my appliances are falling apart all at once. This washer shakes so bad that I can feel it under my feet from the shower in my bathroom clear across the house. Sometimes it walks itself across the laundry room during the spin cycle...Then I have to put it on spin again, because its easier to "walk it back" while it is spinning LOL. I found a hinge from the lid in my clothes LOL.

For a couple of years it was "well, it cleans sooo....". I am actually embarrassed to show you the underside of the lid LOL.

The dryer now: it goes RAWR RAWR RAWR as it runs. The cat food bowls are in the laundry room and it scares the heck out of them just by hitting the button to turn it on. I have to run two cycles on a full load to get my clothes to dry properly.

So tomorrow I am going to be the proud new owner of a washer and dryer set that is probably smarter than I am. I know it might not be a big deal to everybody, but it is for me. I worked extra shifts and saved up for them. Still working on my credit, so I didn't want a ding for applying for a store cc that may or may not go through and carry interest, so I saved up the old fashioned way.

Anyway, they have wifi, the washer "talks" to the dryer to let it know what kind of load it should be expecting LOL. It is a HE washer and weighs your load and I'm like WHAAAAT???. I might be late to the game with all this laundry technology, so maybe you might be laughing at me. Prior to my house, I was an apartment dweller or laundromat user. All I know is to set on cotton for the highest heat setting LOL. My last apartment had a dryer that I had to rig it with a piece of cardboard and paperclip that held the button to the "on" position.

I am going to be so happy to be able to wash blankets, cause right now I have to take them to the laundromat, even the light ones. My w/d cannot handle them, or even sometimes a bathrobe or a full load of towels.

I didn't go for a top of the line, just something that had some neat gadgets for my budget, because I also have a refrigerator to replace eventually (will DEFINITELY not show you pictures of that LOL). My fridge belongs in the garage. It works great, but looks not so great. And the seal around the doors suck so I have to keep cleaning them because they will get moldy, so constantly spraying tilex on the rubber seals.

I always feel guilty buying something when I am replacing something that works. But it is definitely time.
Enjoy your new washer and dryer!

I’m happy because they’re gonna finally start building my home tomorrow. We’ve been waiting 6 months for permits 😵
Congrats on the new home!! How exciting!

Permits are such a pain in the butt. It took months just for my fence, and that was just one permit.

My old friend had a whole house generator installed…she had to buy a gas tank, so that needed to be permitted. Then have it buried… another permit. Electric company came out, another company to install a slab for the generator to sit on…permit permit. It went on and on.

I cant imagine how many permits it takes for an entire house.

If anybody decides to buy a whole-house generator, don’t think that the actual generator is the big cost lol. That 5k generator ended up being more than 20k by the time it was installed…which took almost a year.

My ex makes electric signs. I went with him one time to the permit office. It took a few minutes in line, but when he got called up the lady took the money and stamped it. I’m like “literally, thats all that happens??” “Well they know me here sooo….”

My happy today is that my new washer and dryer is being delivered tomorrow YAY. I am not going to just tell you how happy I am, I am going to show you the state of my current situation:

View attachment 70789

I will use something until it literally falls apart LOL. Well, my appliances are falling apart all at once. This washer shakes so bad that I can feel it under my feet from the shower in my bathroom clear across the house. Sometimes it walks itself across the laundry room during the spin cycle...Then I have to put it on spin again, because its easier to "walk it back" while it is spinning LOL. I found a hinge from the lid in my clothes LOL.

For a couple of years it was "well, it cleans sooo....". I am actually embarrassed to show you the underside of the lid LOL.

The dryer now: it goes RAWR RAWR RAWR as it runs. The cat food bowls are in the laundry room and it scares the heck out of them just by hitting the button to turn it on. I have to run two cycles on a full load to get my clothes to dry properly.

So tomorrow I am going to be the proud new owner of a washer and dryer set that is probably smarter than I am. I know it might not be a big deal to everybody, but it is for me. I worked extra shifts and saved up for them. Still working on my credit, so I didn't want a ding for applying for a store cc that may or may not go through and carry interest, so I saved up the old fashioned way.

Anyway, they have wifi, the washer "talks" to the dryer to let it know what kind of load it should be expecting LOL. It is a HE washer and weighs your load and I'm like WHAAAAT???. I might be late to the game with all this laundry technology, so maybe you might be laughing at me. Prior to my house, I was an apartment dweller or laundromat user. All I know is to set on cotton for the highest heat setting LOL. My last apartment had a dryer that I had to rig it with a piece of cardboard and paperclip that held the button to the "on" position.

I am going to be so happy to be able to wash blankets, cause right now I have to take them to the laundromat, even the light ones. My w/d cannot handle them, or even sometimes a bathrobe or a full load of towels.

I didn't go for a top of the line, just something that had some neat gadgets for my budget, because I also have a refrigerator to replace eventually (will DEFINITELY not show you pictures of that LOL). My fridge belongs in the garage. It works great, but looks not so great. And the seal around the doors suck so I have to keep cleaning them because they will get moldy, so constantly spraying tilex on the rubber seals.

I always feel guilty buying something when I am replacing something that works. But it is definitely time.
Congrats on your new washer and dryer!! Are you aware refrigerator gaskets can be replaced? If everything else is working OK, it may be worth the time and money. This video gives tips for installing a new gasket at the end, but also has info on heating and expanding a compressed gasket.

My happy today is, Mad Micas finally has the perfect blue. I have been trying for months to create the perfect blue for nail polish and now I won't have to. Now just to try to wait patiently for it to arrive.

The little things in life...

My new washer has a see-through lid. Do you know how satisfying it is to watch your laundry go through a cycle? Or is it just me? LOL. I want to pull up one of the kitchen bar stools and post up in the laundry room.

Firstly, this HE washing is new to me. So I'm like, this is NOT enough water to clean a load, including jeans. I'm amazed by this thing lol.

I've been really busy with work and such, so my laundry-doing is just putting in what I need for work for a few days, which is just scrubs and they are super thin material. So today I am getting all of my laundry done. Full load of towels "lets see what you can do with this". I'm utterly astounded. All of my laundry is coming out so much better than before with my old rust bucket washer. And with the big load of towels, it somehow re-arranged everything to keep it from going off balance. I'm like whaaaat????

This is the best purchase I have ever made, if even for the entertainment purposes only.

But my clothes look so much nicer, even an old white sweatshirt that the sleeve ends were looking permanently gray. I have bleached it a bunch of times and it never helped, so I just wore it around the house cause its comfy. Now I can wear it out.

Less water, less detergent. Its amazing. I must have been hiding under a rock for the past few years.
But this watching it wash through the top...I might not be making soap for a while cause I will be busy :rolling:

Back