Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hubby and I scored a great deal on a used commercial treadmill. A REALLY great deal. This sucker is heavy and took some doing to get it into the house. I'm so excited because it's been way too hot to walk or run outside. In spring, my allergies are too bad, and when winter comes, it's too icy. But I sleep so much better when I can get moving, so I'm looking forward to using this!

My “happy”…I started my vacation today. I have nine days off; two weekends, one paid holiday, four paid vacation days.

Car has been washed, vacuumed, filled with gas and the oil changed. Cash from the bank, snacks from the store. Load in the dryer and then I can finish packing. Downloaded extra books and picked a few Small knitting projects.

Going to visit my oldest daughter…it’s been two years. Also going to have dinner with my younger sister…we haven’t really spoken in ten years.

Half of the vacation will be ‘away’, the other half ‘stay’.

I should be doing something, but I’m on vacations. :)

My “happy”…I started my vacation today. I have nine days off; two weekends, one paid holiday, four paid vacation days.

Car has been washed, vacuumed, filled with gas and the oil changed. Cash from the bank, snacks from the store. Load in the dryer and then I can finish packing. Downloaded extra books and picked a few Small knitting projects.

Going to visit my oldest daughter…it’s been two years. Also going to have dinner with my younger sister…we haven’t really spoken in ten years.

Half of the vacation will be ‘away’, the other half ‘stay’.

I should be doing something, but I’m on vacations. :)
Enjoy your vacation' especially visiting your Sister' thats is truly special. ❤️💫

Hubby and I scored a great deal on a used commercial treadmill. A REALLY great deal. This sucker is heavy and took some doing to get it into the house. I'm so excited because it's been way too hot to walk or run outside. In spring, my allergies are too bad, and when winter comes, it's too icy. But I sleep so much better when I can get moving, so I'm looking forward to using this!
I love my treadmill' rain or shine I can workout. 🙌🏼💫

Ever have a song pop into your head whilst doing menial or manual tasks? To the tune of "My Favorite Things": 😁

Driving a tractor up a steep hill
Letting wildflowers grow where they will
Little baby Robins learning to sing
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog pukes, from eating rabbit poo
When my challenge soap is sad
I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad

Blessing of cucumbers growing up a trellis
Peppers and maters and all that they bring us
Firefly and bat shows in the evenings
These are a few of my favorite things

When the geese poop, on our sandy beach
And it makes me mad
I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad

I am usually whining on the gripe forum about work.

I have a happy.

The most toxic person in the world (who has been there for 20 years) is leaving. The whole hospital is breathing a sigh of relief LOL. The walls of the hospital are expanding and contracting. She's only transferring to another department, so her ugly head might rear itself once in a while, but she is going to be out of our hair. ALL OF US have an app on our phones for the countdown to her last day. At the time of typing this it is 18 days 10 hours 28 minutes 32 seconds LOL. An ER doctor hugged me when I told her the news. I could tell you stories that you would not believe. All I can say is that she knows where the body is hidden. There is no other reason this person has lasted this long in her job, and even given a promotion for cripes sake.

I found the cake that we want to get for her. Too much??

cake.jpg

Finally able to have my mum visit again the weekend after next, thanks to vaccinations!
We're planning a great weekend - there should be more chicks hatching, and we're going to do some crafty things too :) designing some individual moulds and printing them in the 3d printer, then making unique shampoo bars (scented with @KiwiMoose's Karma Chameleon fragrance blend). Probably some lotions and other bits and pieces too, since hatching time involves a lot of waiting and sitting on hands trying not to interfere too much!

My happy of the day:
The sound of my dog chewing on some pieces of apple. SO cute.

Been waiting about 2 years for this little bit of kit that was delivered today (delivered by the dog's FedEx Fiance who stopped his truck just to give her the customary milk bone)!
https://us.consiglioskitchenware.co...squeezers/products/omra-spremi-tomato-machine
I LOVE kitchen gadgets, and that one looks like a beauty! Between @Zing's house and your tomato machine, I'm just beside myself.

I start my new hours next week...7am-3pm. I am stoked. I have been working so many crazy hours since I started working at my hospital 5 years ago. I have literally given up a chunk of my life for it. Now I am going to be home before dark like a normal job.

I told my boss that I will cover some shifts for OT until we hire some more ppl (we have 2 ft openings now)...But I looked at the next schedule and it is M-F 7a 7a 7a 7a 7a, Sat off, Sun off, 7a 7a 7a 7a 7a Sat off, Sun off. Plus right now we are getting $250 for any extra shifts we pull.

OMG then our manager was like "how are you going to get to work that early living so far away?" "Same way I got to work any other time." What kind of question is that??? Some weeks I worked 7a 7a 11p off one day.. 11p 3p. Literally going home and sleeping for 3 hours to get back up and go to work again lol. How am I going to get up every day at the same time???..bankers hours for me. A couple of times I slept there just so I could get some sleep because my shifts were so close together....Leave the hospital at 11, get home at 12....back in at 7. I'm too old for that anymore LOL. I been doing my job for 25 years. I need some nice regular hours again.

I start my new hours next week...7am-3pm. I am stoked. I have been working so many crazy hours since I started working at my hospital 5 years ago. I have literally given up a chunk of my life for it. Now I am going to be home before dark like a normal job.

I told my boss that I will cover some shifts for OT until we hire some more ppl (we have 2 ft openings now)...But I looked at the next schedule and it is M-F 7a 7a 7a 7a 7a, Sat off, Sun off, 7a 7a 7a 7a 7a Sat off, Sun off. Plus right now we are getting $250 for any extra shifts we pull.

OMG then our manager was like "how are you going to get to work that early living so far away?" "Same way I got to work any other time." What kind of question is that??? Some weeks I worked 7a 7a 11p off one day.. 11p 3p. Literally going home and sleeping for 3 hours to get back up and go to work again lol. How am I going to get up every day at the same time???..bankers hours for me. A couple of times I slept there just so I could get some sleep because my shifts were so close together....Leave the hospital at 11, get home at 12....back in at 7. I'm too old for that anymore LOL. I been doing my job for 25 years. I need some nice regular hours again.
So happy for you!!!! I hated rotating shifts; they are harder on the mind & body than constant nocs. I worked nights for many many years, and when I finally went to days, it took several months to adapt to being awake at 11 am in the morning. Without fail, come 11 am, no matter how well I slept the night before, fatigue would hit me; it was as if my brain couldn't quite grasp the whole concept. Eventually it did, but boy was that an eye opener to me on how alternate shifts can affect us long term.

I had always been a 1st shifter until i started this job 5 years ago. I started out per diem, but went full time. It is SUPPOSED to be 3-11, but we have been so short staffed that i pretty much do whatever she needs me to do. Going back to 1st shift is going to be such a relief. I told her that it is my shift, and if i take anything extra its for OT….none of this switching my schedule around crap to cover other shifts lol.

I'm too old for that anymore LOL. I been doing my job for 25 years. I need some nice regular hours again.
So happy for you! There have been some studies that indicated that constantly switching shifts is bad for physical and mental health, not to mention productivity and attention to detail. I know I am more likely to make mistakes when I am tired, can't imagine how badly I would perform if my body clock had to constantly adjust. Hope employers are paying attention to that, especially in the healthcare field.

So happy for you! There have been some studies that indicated that constantly switching shifts is bad for physical and mental health, not to mention productivity and attention to detail. I know I am more likely to make mistakes when I am tired, can't imagine how badly I would perform if my body clock had to constantly adjust. Hope employers are paying attention to that, especially in the healthcare field.
If they were paying attention to it, after all these years that those studies have been around, they would be doing more about it, but the general consensus seems to be 'we do what we have to do', and that seems to boil down to ignoring it until the unions force them to do otherwise.

My happy is that I received my big order of soap making supplies yesterday which included a box of dried flowers for decorations, and it was so much better than I thought it would be. All the pretty colors and smells. It was so inexpensive too. All I need to get to start soap making for the first time is a thermometer, a scale, and a mixing bowl. I can't wait to get started!

I'm also seriously happy right now because I've seen the Snyder Cut of Justice League. I don't expect most of you to understand what that is, but I'm on cloud nine right now! Any DC comics fans out there?

Back