Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of 3 minutes ago, I'm officially off work on PPTO till April 5. :hippo: Most of the time will be spent on the move, but I'm hoping to make some soap, shampoo bars, and conditioner bars if I can get settled and unpacked before returning to work. Meanwhile, tonight is bunco withe friends. I am usually too tired to do much on Friday nights, but I'm looking forward to some socializing!

A sad cat rescue story with a lovely outcome...

There was an appeal in our local Facebook group for help with medical bills for an 8 week old kitten with a broken leg.
(Don't know full story, but it sounds like the owners were a bit irresponsible, they allowed the tiny kitten to wander around all over the house, and apparently someone fell down the stairs onto her!)

I tagged our charity director in the post, and within a couple of hours the kitten had been signed over to us and was on her way to our vets, and there is an agreement that the kitten's mum will be neutered with our help soon.
(I know our director, if she felt it was in the kitten's best interest to stay with the owner, she would have probably done a fundraiser to help pay for the surgery instead...)

Within an hour of that, we had a message in the group chat that the vet has decided to adopt her! That's just such a sweet ending, it totally made my day! Must have been love at first sight. 😍

Stories like that almost make up for the awful and sad stories we hear so frequently. Helping them have a happy ending is always our aim!

Abby Head.jpg

I have a happy!!!

I am getting a Jeep..fully loaded, doors come off Jeep. I am so excited. I have loved Jeeps my entire life. I am taking over payments for someone. It is a little (a lot) out of my price range, so I will have to give up something like...eating. LOL. just kidding, almost. It's almost $500/month, but I have crunched numbers...I spend almost $300/month just in the cafeteria at work. I CAN SPEND MONEY. So I just have to not do that anymore LOL. I just bought two pairs of sneakers when I only needed one. One pair is going back. Stuff like that.

I always buy older cars/trucks. I don't think I have ever owned anything so new. My current 2004 Chevy Colorado has so many problems, but it also has 252,000 miles on it, so I guess I can't complain LOL.

I will drive a car until it dies. My Chevy-girl is getting there. The last car I had before this was a 94 Geo that I bought for $300 (sold it for parts on Craigslist for $400 when the transmission went)

I told him that I wanted a few days back and forth to work to make my mind up (as if I really need that: my mind is made up).

I was at work tonight and I told my work partner that it would be really nice to have a car that has power windows. He's like "or windows that stay up"...because my windows don't stay up LOL. Also my windshield washer doesn't work, the tailgate doesn't go down...back turn signals don't work because I can't change them because the tailgate doesn't go down, without removing the tailgate.

I HAVE A WIRE HANGER THAT GETS ME RECEPTION ON THE RADIO...one station. So ghetto, but it gets me to work.

Don't get me wrong. It's a really cute truck that doesn't look like it has all of these problems (and there is more). My truck can never be stolen, because I am the only one who knows how to drive it LOL LOL LOL.

Now I have to REALLY sell some soap. Not some $8 here and $16 there. But I am not counting on that for the Jeep, it would just help me to keep my cable while I am having fun with my new car LOL.

I was on the phone with a friend just now and at first he was talking me out of it. It is doable for me...and my colorado stalled out yesterday on the turnpike ("please SEMI don't hit me from behind"). OMG to have a car that doesn't stall or need work, or needs me to push windows up by hand. Plus I need new tires AGAIN. and brakes AGAIN...the lights, windows, stalling, radio...

I might actually keep her for a bit. I am kinda in love with her LOL..

22829651_10213156167210157_8100122546315658115_o.jpg

We're a good month out from planting, but it was the perfect day for some garden bed clearing, prep and assembling of one of our new steel beds. The garden is my happiest of places. There's no other work or craft that allows a clear head for a bit of ruminating on random thoughts. Whilst working happily away, I saw the most lovely toad, doing his job and eating a slug. Oh what joy. As I walked back and forth in my duties he paid me no mind as he did his own garden duty, so I made up this song in his honor.
Sang to the tune of "Mr. Sandman", if you please. 😊

Mr. Toady, eatin' a slug
You might think it's gross
But he calls it good grub

He's in the garden
Watchin' and waitin'
For the next slug he'll be eatin'!

Mr. Toady, chew up that slug
You're my favorite
Eater of bugs

Clear them out
So my garden is happy
Don't tarry too long
Make it snappy!

Mr. Toady, ee-at them slugs!

Hubby & I are scheduled for our Covid-19 Vaccination tomorrow. Fingers crossed we have minimal side effects.
I've only talked to one person who had side effects, and that was my 86 YO mother in law. She didn't feel well the day after her second dose, but within 24 hours felt just fine. Hubby and I both had sore arms after each shot, and we both felt a little tired the day after our second dose, but just for the one day. I had the Moderna vaccine and he had the Pfizer vaccine.

I've only talked to one person who had side effects, and that was my 86 YO mother in law. She didn't feel well the day after her second dose, but within 24 hours felt just fine. Hubby and I both had sore arms after each shot, and we both felt a little tired the day after our second dose, but just for the one day. I had the Moderna vaccine and he had the Pfizer vaccine.
Thx for your input' feeling a little less apprehensive. We are gonna get the Moderna As well. 💫😉

Did you have any side effects from your covid-19 vaccination?.

Hubby & I are scheduled for our Covid-19 Vaccination tomorrow. Fingers crossed we have minimal side effects.
Sorry for the late reply! I am hoping all goes well for you. The day after my shot was the most miserable I have been in quite a long time. I woke up at about 10am feeling extremely exhausted. At about noon I started to get extreme chills, and by 3 I had chills, muscle aches and joint pain - feeling like my legs and arms were being pulled out of their joints. Around 6 I was still feeling very tired, but the chills were gone, and I was starting to get hot. Around 9:30 or so I had a huge hot flash - like I was scrambling to get my clothes off and get in a freezing cold shower. And just like that it was mostly done. I had minor aches on Saturday, but it was more like sore muscles and didn't interfere with life. I was drinking a lot of water throughout the day (the mug I use holds 2 pints and I drank 5 or 6 total for the day). My husband had his shot and had no symptoms. My son got his second shot on Friday and he was down and out on Saturday with the same symptoms I had plus vomiting and diarrhea, and then very suddenly everything stopped and he was fine.

I really don't share this to scare anyone from getting the shot. More to the point that it affects everyone differently. Plan for worst case - which we did by making sure we had plenty of clean cold water ready to drink, ibuprofen, and other medicine to help with any symptoms. We also made plans (or more accurately didn't make plans) for the day after. My husband woke up feeling great, so he went into work. I would gladly go through this again if I had to. I can't wait to see my mom!

@amd which kind did you get? Only people my age I know who've gotten their first dose got Astra Zeneca and it's been rough for them all. Older generation all got Pfizer and Moderna. Who knows what will be the flavour of the month by the time it's my turn....

Thx for your input' feeling a little less apprehensive. We are gonna get the Moderna As well. 💫😉
Hope all went well today Peachy! I also had the Moderna and the first shot yielded just a sore arm and some lymph node swelling of minor discomfort. The second shot did put me down for about 36 hours with chills then fever that did require Tylenol to break. I was very tired for about another four hours and then, like so many others I've heard from, I was suddenly and totally fine. Arm isn't near as sore and the lymph nodes not near as tender ETA: as with the first shot. All in all, it wasn't terrible.

Last edited:
@amd which kind did you get? Only people my age I know who've gotten their first dose got Astra Zeneca and it's been rough for them all. Older generation all got Pfizer and Moderna. Who knows what will be the flavour of the month by the time it's my turn....
My husband and I both got Moderna. My son got Pfizer. We've seen it all over the board. My department at work has 23 people, only one is unvaccinated (she's very vocal about it too), ages 24 - 63, and it's been almost 50/50 either no reaction or quick sickness like I had with no correlation to age. We did have one guy who was sick for four days.

Back