Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am happy to be getting over the flu.

Oh lsg, you have my sympathy. Please don't push yourself too hard and give yourself plenty of time to recover. I've known so many (with H3N3) who try to get back to work too fast and about half of them end up regressing. Knock on wood, so far we've avoided the flu, but it's still active, and the B flu has shown up. Our school has Whooping cough going around.

I have 2 happys: I had a great birthday hanging with a friend I haven't seen for months. After last fall's intense Anatomy class that had me eating lots of fast and junk food, I finally got back to eating my chosen low carb diet - and feel immensely better for it! (although I had plenty of birthday cake!)

Oh! And there's a third: My friend Tory has been trying to get pregnant for years and days before her IVF appt., DID! She's almost 3 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pax being silly at a school event is always a happy over here.

IMG_20180303_185446.jpg

I am happy my daughter is finding a "niche". She has recently gotten into wire wrapping stones for jewelry. This past week, a local jeweler recognized her abilities and entrusted her with an expensive and quite rare stone, asking her to wrap it as she sees fit. It's a huge, but scary, boost to her self-confidence. (She's a pretty amazing person.. single mom, holding down two jobs, and artistic in a way none of us ever imagined.) I'm really proud of her!

I'm so happy because my grocery store just got in a shipment of Meyer lemons, and I was able to buy 6 lbs of them to make the Meyer lemonade concentrate recipe from Food In Jars! I've never seen nor tasted Meyer lemons before, but I've heard so many folks singing their praises that I just about started running around and dancing for joy when I saw bags and bags of them sitting in the produce dept.

IrishLass :)

I'm so happy because my grocery store just got in a shipment of Meyer lemons, and I was able to buy 6 lbs of them to make the Meyer lemonade concentrate recipe from Food In Jars! I've never seen nor tasted Meyer lemons before, but I've heard so many folks singing their praises that I just about started running around and dancing for joy when I saw bags and bags of them sitting in the produce dept.

IrishLass :)
We have a new Meyer lemon "bush" that's produced a couple dozen fruits so far - they're good enough to eat like an orange - flavorful, tart, but not sour!

Latest posts

Back