Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughter, SIL and 20 month old grandson have been here for a week and are staying through the end of the month. That they drove from San Francisco to Minneapolis with a toddler in order to be here is one big happy. We are all quarantining here so we can spend time with my son, DIL and their new baby starting next weekend. We will all be together for the first time since last Christmas. That's another big happy. And today, since we have a lot of time, my daughter told me she wants to make soap! Cherry on the top!

My daughter, SIL and 20 month old grandson have been here for a week and are staying through the end of the month. That they drove from San Francisco to Minneapolis with a toddler in order to be here is one big happy. We are all quarantining here so we can spend time with my son, DIL and their new baby starting next weekend. We will all be together for the first time since last Christmas. That's another big happy. And today, since we have a lot of time, my daughter told me she wants to make soap! Cherry on the top!
She has a good teacher!!!! Congrats on all of that!!

I worked overnight last night. I know that doesnt sound like a happy lol.

But I scanned TWO patients during my entire 8 hours there. I was actually bored. I smoked way more than i normally do. Had 4 cups of coffee. Walked around and socialized. Was a nice change from the craziness that normally goes on.

I got there at 11pm. I scanned my first at 4am. Then one around 6.

We are an incredibly busy hospital. To put it in perspective, we did 133 patients yesterday across (3)-8 hour shifts. I usually do like 30 patients on an overnight shift.

Probably gonna get killed tonight lol

My happy today is seeing all four of the big white chickens huddled on the back step together. Normally they bully and exclude one girl, driving her away from the roosts, the huddles, and the food. But it's pretty cold out, so they are letting her huddle with them for the moment. On the outside edge, of course, but still huddling for the moment.

But they are all eyeing a squirrel that's digging in their compost pile. That always ticks them off, like toddlers who spot someone else playing with the toy they'd forgotten about. So we shall see how long before the huddle breaks up, and one of them races over to chase the squirrel back up the tree. It's a pretty funny sight, especially when they gang up to circle the tree from opposite directions so the squirrel is forced to go up.

My happy today is seeing all four of the big white chickens huddled on the back step together. Normally they bully and exclude one girl, driving her away from the roosts, the huddles, and the food. But it's pretty cold out, so they are letting her huddle with them for the moment. On the outside edge, of course, but still huddling for the moment.

But they are all eyeing a squirrel that's digging in their compost pile. That always ticks them off, like toddlers who spot someone else playing with the toy they'd forgotten about. So we shall see how long before the huddle breaks up, and one of them races over to chase the squirrel back up the tree. It's a pretty funny sight, especially when they gang up to circle the tree from opposite directions so the squirrel is forced to go up.

@AliOop
Please post a video:)

@Daisy I will do my best! Somewhere I have my drunk squirrel video, which still makes me laugh hysterically to watch the squirrel flipping and dancing like it's at a rave.

But I'm easily amused so it might just be me. 😁

@Daisy I will do my best! Somewhere I have my drunk squirrel video, which still makes me laugh hysterically to watch the squirrel flipping and dancing like it's at a rave.

But I'm easily amused so it might just be me. 😁

Thank you!!
We need all the help we can get for these tough times.
Salute and Cheers:)

I am happy that since my doctor changed my BP med to another one, the dry cough side effect has pretty much gone. Before that 2 of the meds I am on, both can cause a dry cough, so when I saw her in October, I asked if she could change at least one of them. She did and my dry cough has almost completely gone away. Not totally gone; I still get a dryness in my throat once in awhile, but much less coughing; before the dryness & cough was several times per day. I had been sucking on cough drops at least 5 times per day, and often more frequently.

I am happy we are closing 3 days sooner on the house for my son. That means I can leave here, help him move & be back by Christmas. I really didn't want to be traveling beyond Christmas day, but had resigned myself to the probability.

Hubby is going to take care of Kitty Baby while I am gone, so I can travel faster on the way out. Traveling home again will be slower, 'cuz son's prosthetic leg bothers him when he drives long distances, plus his dog will need rest stops as well, so we will have enough time to do shorter hauls on the way back and still be home by Christmas.

Plus we will spend one night at my brother's house (I think I will suggest son get CoVid tested first, though, since he is in a hotspot, but then so am I.)

Another cool and fun deal: Hubby may be working the Inauguration next month. We will know sometime in the next couple of weeks, I think. We already had reservations for part of that week to be there, so this is just icing on the cake.

Well, I gotta get ready to go get my new hearing aides. I forgot to print out the insurance forms, but the cost of HA's at Costco is super affordable compared to what I paid the last time: I am also happy about that.

I just got a corporate gift basket order for seven baskets at $200 per basket! :) Whooooo whoooooo!
And now I am really happy because they are ready to be picked up!💗☺️

Attachments

• 20201215_111239.jpg
    20201215_111239.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20201215_111311.jpg
    20201215_111311.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20201214_171812.jpg
    20201214_171812.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20201214_171834.jpg