Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made my first mold. It's not perfect, and I'm sure I'll redo it once I get more mold material, but I'm happy with the results, and I know what I did wrong, so I'll know how to do it better next time. :)
20200909_075219.jpg

Beautiful! I have those cookie cutters. You've reminded me it's just about time to use them
I got them for bath bombs and bubble bars, but they are backwards!! LOL The design is on the outside and the cavity is smooth and blank, so this was the next option. I've wanted to do this for years, but just now got around to it. I made them for soap and resin, as I've given up bath bombs and bubble bars for the time being. :)

I walked a virtual 5k today and signed up for a thanksgiving virtual 5k. I’m just excited.

the shirt I got for this 5k fits almost perfectly (long sleeves and I have short arms) but is a great color for me and pretty much perfect for fall weather by me. I can’t wait to see what shirt they decide on for the thanksgiving 5k, it’s the same company.

i’m also kinda giddy that my brother and sister sound interested in the thanksgiving 5k, so I’ll have an actual team this time around - even if we’re all in different states. I’m also thrilled because my siblings want to join, none of the friends I invited to this first 5k even responded to the idea.

Our grandson was born late Friday night. Everyone is healthy and doing well. Hubby and I have been quarantining for two weeks so that we could see and hold him as soon as they were able to go home, and got to do that yesterday. Over the moon in love, and looking forward to having a grandbaby in town.

Having a baby during a pandemic is difficult on so many levels. We are the only ones who are able to quarantine so that we can see them in person before the baby is 30 days old. I am so happy that we are able to be there in person with my son and DIL, but it is sad for them that her parents, sister and family, and none of their friends will be able to be with them physically to share this special time.

Last edited:
Our grandson was born late Friday night. Everyone is healthy and doing well. Hubby and I have been quarantining for two weeks so that we could see and hold him as soon as they were able to go home, and got to do that yesterday. Over the moon in love, and looking forward to having a grandbaby in town.

Having a baby during a pandemic is difficult on so many levels. We are the only ones who are able to quarantine so that we can see them in person before the baby is 30 days old. I am so happy that we are able to be there in person with my son and DIL, but it is sad for them that her parents, sister and family, and none of their friends will be able to be with them physically to share this special time.
Congratulations! That’s amazing! My son and daughter-in-law are also expecting. This is such a difficult time. I don’t know when I could even see the baby in person. I live in Florida, they are in DC.

Congratulations! That’s amazing! My son and daughter-in-law are also expecting. This is such a difficult time. I don’t know when I could even see the baby in person. I live in Florida, they are in DC.
I hope you do get to see the baby. Our first grandson lives in CA (I am in MN) and we’ve only seen him once in 7 months. It’s so hard. Is this your first?

I am happy Kitty Baby has seemed to perk up out her seeming Kitty Depression. Since the weather has gotten colder here & we were spending less time out doors together, she was worrying me with her loss of interest in play & sleeping even more, as well as eating less.

But yesterday we spent much more time outdoors together & she rousted a rabbit out from underneath the play structure in our back yard. She loves rabbits & has a history of bringing me baby rabbits as love gifts (when we lived in Texas where the rabbits were smaller; these rabbits are as big as she.) So we chased (her on one of the leash, me on the other) the rabbit to the hole under the fence, that numerous rabbits over the years have bitten to size & shape as travel routes for themselves. I wouldn't let her follow through, but her mood has been so much more her normal self since she saw that rabbit. Her play has been more vigorous & it's just wonderful to see her more alert and attentive.

My dog Gus (in my avatar) almost died last winter from anaplasmosis, a tick-borne bacterial illness. He's been incontinent at rest ever since. Suddenly in the last week he has become continent again! He's back on antibitoics for a UTI, so maybe he had some left over anaplasmosis bacteria in his system. Whatever the case is, I am happy for however long it lasts!

Latest posts

Back