Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a difficult year (maybe more) and losing a new job in April due to covid19 problems.
I will finally have a new job! I still need to sign the contract but they made me a salary offer with was pretty decent.
I'm so happy I could cry! I really have a good feeling about this company.

This isn't a major happy but it's still a happy. When my daughter moved to Vancouver Island in February 2019, I became the owner of two baby plants. One was a spider plant in a glass of water; the other was a tiny African Violet baby in a 2" pot. She had started both from clippings. The spider plant is now hanging in my kitchen window and has 3 babies. I planted the violet in a self-watering pot and it's spending some quality time in my kitchen window, too. This week, I noticed this.....

20200820_092739.jpg

It has buds! It's going to bloom! Honestly, you have no idea how much this excites me. My mom has always had incredible success with African Violets; she's been growing them for years and they've always been prolific bloomers. Me, not so much. This is the first time I've ever had one of my African Violets bloom! Now, I can't wait to see what colour the flowers will be!

:dance::hippo::dance:

My husband is starting to notice subtleties in cure times!

He’s been slowly learning how to talk about soap in a more technical ways to help me critique my recipes but today he noticed that a bar needs a longer cure time (batch I made a month ago but usually wait 12 weeks to use). It usually feels like he only just tolerates my hobby and learns “soaping language” to shut me up faster.

My husband is starting to notice subtleties in cure times!

He’s been slowly learning how to talk about soap in a more technical ways to help me critique my recipes but today he noticed that a bar needs a longer cure time (batch I made a month ago but usually wait 12 weeks to use). It usually feels like he only just tolerates my hobby and learns “soaping language” to shut me up faster.
I guess it DOES soak in eventually, right?

I'm having another girl! I thought I was going to be disappointed at the news (I have two girls already and had been hoping for a boy), but when I heard it, I felt completely the opposite! (Although, my husband and I agree that we aren't looking forward to the teenage years! 😂 )
My parents had 5 girls..... and 2 boys.

I made a bet with my adult son on the way to visit my mom in the hosp. after a fall on which side of the road the hosp was on. I lost. On the way home, we stopped at a store to grab some drinks for the drive. He wouldn't let me go in with him (Cuz Covid). I looked in the rearview mirror and saw him coming out of the store. He stopped, pulled that $5 bill out of his pocket and walked over, and gave it to a guy who was going thru the trash can looking for cans. He told the guy to have a good day and walked back to the car. My son didn't think anyone saw, he didn't wait around to be thanked, he just thought the man needed it more than he did. I was so proud of him at that moment.

This isn't a major happy but it's still a happy. When my daughter moved to Vancouver Island in February 2019, I became the owner of two baby plants. One was a spider plant in a glass of water; the other was a tiny African Violet baby in a 2" pot. She had started both from clippings. The spider plant is now hanging in my kitchen window and has 3 babies. I planted the violet in a self-watering pot and it's spending some quality time in my kitchen window, too. This week, I noticed this.....

View attachment 48766

It has buds! It's going to bloom! Honestly, you have no idea how much this excites me. My mom has always had incredible success with African Violets; she's been growing them for years and they've always been prolific bloomers. Me, not so much. This is the first time I've ever had one of my African Violets bloom! Now, I can't wait to see what colour the flowers will be!

Pics of the bloom will be necessary for this happy moment.

I'm having another girl! I thought I was going to be disappointed at the news (I have two girls already and had been hoping for a boy), but when I heard it, I felt completely the opposite! (Although, my husband and I agree that we aren't looking forward to the teenage years! 😂 )
Congrats.

I am very happy because this morning I made myself a very tasty tea
Tea is always good.

My Mom fell last Thursday and broker her wrist and hip. the good news her wrist surgery today went well. I was worried about anesthesia at her age. just got home from the hospital and feeling relieved.
Wishing your mom a safe recovery.

The little things in life...

i had ordered another bucket of coconut oil, but had no need to open the box because I still had enough of my other bucket.

Well i needed to break out the new one tonight. When i opened the box there was also a bottle of almond oil in there that I forgot that i ordered lol. PLUS it had shipping baggies to line my squeeze bottles with lol.

View attachment 48766

Im excited for you!!! I have pretty good green thumb, but African Violets always stumped me on getting them to rebloom.

Two years ago I finally got one to bloom, and the stupid cat ate all the flowers lol. Bugger. I gave up after that

I am very happy because this morning I made myself a very tasty tea
Sometimes it's the little things.

I'm happy and tentatively excited that after years of battling hormone imbalances (that impacted/effected my other chronic illnesses, including fatigue)and despite the stress ball that 2020 has been, I finally seem to be coming around to having normal energy levels and a normal sleep cycle.

I've been able to do more and more every day and today I managed to vacuum&dust the house, attend my writing group(virtually) and got some work on the novel done, did fragrance development(always takes longer than I think), picked up some FO's from a friend(contactless), and made a batch of soap that seemed to go really well!

That's a really big deal for me! If this keeps up I might get to make more soap!

It's sort of a bittersweet happy... In catching up on some posts I missed earlier, I was playing the video of Freddie Mercury and Queen at Live Aide in this post, which brings back so many many memories! Bittersweet: We are the Champions is the tune I used to sing a song I made up for a fairy story I used to read to my granddaughter when she was young. It was a story about Jewel Fairies. "We are the Jewel Fairies, We are the Jewel Fairies....." Long gone are the days I make up songs to go with the books I read to her. But making up lyrics to go with whatever is happening at the time is a longtime habit of mine as my sons will attest. I do it still; I suspect I always will. I have a song for my kitty that I sing with/for/about her, that I am happy to say my granddaughter sings, too. I made one up for my granddaughter when she was a baby that the family picked up and sang, as well, and now we also sing it to our little kitty sometimes. I think it makes her (granddaughter) happy to sing these little songs, and heaven knows she certainly needs more happy in her life.

Also I still rock to Queen's music when I travel in my car, thanks to the CD's and my multiple CD changer in the car. I love that there is a rich supply of music available to enjoy now and in the future, from generations past as well as generations to come, including our current generations of musicians, of course. They bring me so much pleasure.

Oh, and one other thing that makes me happy. In spite of my failing hearing, I can still hear my kitty purr. Sometimes I need to hold her to hear her, because the vibrations enhance the hearing, just like vibrations enhance music. Standing by the window with her body snuggled up next to my head while she has her paws on the window and looking out, her purring vibrates into my head and not only do I feel the purring, I also hear it. It makes me so happy when we can share these moments.

Back