Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@earlene we had a place like that in Waltham, Mama Josie. Loved it, went out of biz eons ago but every time I drive by where it was I just Smile.

Happy today, SUNSHINE... and so does kitty
IMG_20200510_092332221[1].jpg

I am happy that my DIL & Granddaughter send me photos & updates daily. Granddaughter has picked up her cap & gown, not entirely sure how graduation will be handled next month, but she has her cap & gown at last (it was originally supposed to be delivered in March). There is apparently an email discussion considering a drive through graduation ceremony. If that's what happens, I really want to be there, and plan to return for that. After all I will be returning for Kitty Baby anyway.

Between the two of them, Granddaughter and Kitty Baby, there seems to be a sharing of the sweater I left behind for Kitty Baby to lay on and to remember me by. Both use it, separately and together sometimes. It is so sweet.

Lin19687, I love driving by places with fond memories and just feeling the rush of happy nostalgia and smile like you mention. When I travel to places I've lived or visited in my youth, I make it a point to find some of those places and stop by for a bit.

My happy this week is the fact that I have a market date on Sunday. A local winery is pairing with our market and providing a space for one vendor each Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. As of tomorrow, wineries are again allowed to do tastings so more people will be out and about. The only thing that worries me is the forecast for a rainy Sunday. We will be under cover, so that's not the issue; it's more of rainy weather encourages people to stay home. I'm looking forward to it, though. This will be my view for the afternoon.

20200509_141720.jpg

Beautiful @Misschief. Good luck with the market. Even with a little rain, people might still very much want to venture out after being at home for a long time. A venue like that seems like a pretty safe option. And well, there is wine tasting so...

I am moving all my soaping materials into one cabinet, away from the heat and dampness of my laundry area (which happens to be in my kitchen). For some reason, organizing stuff and making it easier to access, use, and put away makes me very happy. Probably there are meds for that. :p

I'm so happy that my DH is finishing the coop extension for our two "ornamental" chickens, as he likes to call them. They are 4mo banty Cochins - super soft and pretty, but rather, um... no other way to say it... dumb. They can't figure out the auto-waterer; the other chickens took about .5 seconds to get the hang of it. They also wait inside the coop until I personally invite them out into the run, whereas the others bust out of the door at the crack of dawn. Fortunately the cochins are so sweet and adorable that I'm willing to look past all that and just enjoy them for who they are.

Because they are so gentle, we can't put them in the main coop with our bossy mean girls (adult Barred Rocks). So they've been in a little coop with a baby-gated run. Today the real run will be completed, so they will have 3x the space, and I won't have to check on them to make sure they haven't gotten out. Even with their wings clipped, and their fluffy bodies and feet, they can still fly! Fortunately, they seem to have resigned themselves to the fact that if they get out, they will be put back. So they've stopped flying out for the time being. Still, having the secured run will remove that nagging concern so I can go back to just enjoying them.

This pic is a few weeks old - they are substantially bigger and looking more like old-fashioned ladies with big hoop skirts around their bottom halves. 😂

IMG_0878.JPG

Last edited:
After a terrible end of May/beginning of June, things are looking up. We are in the midst of a ton of home repairs/upgrades/improvements and my happy is that so far (knock on wood) everything is going according to plan. For the most part. Which makes me happy!

Latest posts

Back