Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My husband and I booked a vacation today (for February - we've been watching flights for months and a good deal finally popped up!) I'm so excited, we haven't had a "proper" vacation for over a year and it's been a rough year in some ways. We've very lucky and I'm so grateful we'll get to spend quality time together and see a new place together!

I jokingly suggested to my husband that I should take a 'business trip' to Marseille, France to tour the soap making factory there. On New Year's day we booked a flight for me to Marseille!! It will be a long weekend just before my birthday, with no kids and no hubby, to go geek out on soap!!

I jokingly suggested to my husband that I should take a 'business trip' to Marseille, France to tour the soap making factory there. On New Year's day we booked a flight for me to Marseille!! It will be a long weekend just before my birthday, with no kids and no hubby, to go geek out on soap!!
How wonderful! Sounds like a perfect way to have a little Me Time. Be sure to tell us all about it.

I got to wondering after Christmas just how old my tablet is. I know that it's slowing down; since I use it at the market with the Square app, I need it to be at its optimum and it no longer is, noticeably so. I also checked online to see what the average life of a tablet is; turns out, it's 2-3 years. After going back into my blog (long neglected), my tablet is exactly five years old today.

I decided it was time to look into replacing it; it still works great as my library book reader and other things but it just isn't fast enough for Square and market use. I ended up buying this one... on sale, of course. I love after Christmas sales! I also bought a cover and a stylus for it. This one is the rose gold (not pink! never pink!) model and both the cover and stylus are rose gold, as well, colours that are far more "girly" than I ever go for.

20191228_130834.jpg

My happy today:

I had my favorite pizza from the pizza place here in my hometown. I've been missing this pizza for 8 months now (I was out of state for 8 months) and even more so for the past month or so every time I had either grocery store or run-of-the-mill big pizza chain pizzas. Nothing compares to our hometown pizzaria.

A point of interest: Hubby worked for Sam (the owner at the time, he has since passed on, but the family still runs the business and makes the pizza just like Sam made it) when he was 14, as has just about every other former hometown kid over the years.

This pizza is so good, I can only say two places in the US have surpassed it. Amici's Spicy White (Amici is no longer there) in San Mateo, California and a pizza place in Montpilier, Vermont are the only other places that surpass La Roma pizza.

Back