Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a flyer for a coworker how does handy work on the side. He was so happy that he's been talking about it all day like. He paid me $15 for a handwritten flyer a few days ago which was fine but I personally like computer printed things versus handprinted for business items. So when I went to the library yesterday, I redid it on a computer. He's insisting on paying me again & making me his "advertising guru" lol! He said he wanted to give me 10% from every job he got from a flyer, a family member he texted a pic of the flyer to told him 1% or less would be fair. I said 1-2% would be fine so he said 3-4% it is lol! I'm not sure who taught him how to haggle but I'm not arguing lol.

Oh wow everyone! So much good news to rejoice in - health, family ties, home improvements...I'm so happy for you all!

I don't have anything quite so spectacular, but nonetheless these are things that make my life meaningful:

I hate succulents. Our little one adores them. She's been given dozens of cuttings from a friend's mother and planted them in our largest pots. where they've grown well. She discovered yesterday that they had started to bloom and stood there staring at them with such a sweet, amazed expression that I could only watch and enjoy - dragging out a cell phone for a photo couldn't have captured such a precious moment.

Another happy is the fact she's in a fantastic school system. They have lousy tests scores. But the school doesn't spend one single hour teaching to the test or training them how to take it. The kids learn in ways that can't be tested for; they're thinkers, problem solvers, innovators. I've recently spent time with middle and high school students from this school and they have such confidence! They sat around groups of adults and joined in the lively discussions going on; with topics from politics to new (or resurrected) farming practices! One 14 year overheard my friend ask if I had started selling my soap yet - and 30 minutes later he had given me the how to's of a business plan, resource ideas and a new soap design!

Most of all, this school works daily with meshing all the different personalities and helping kids learn to deal with disputes, dislikes, etc. One student has been a thorn on our girl's side for 2 years as he has daily, multiple, behavioral issues. In many schools he would have long ago been labeled the "bad" kid in the grade - with the students and teachers all just giving in to that definition. At this school....even the principal works with him and the class on working issues out and reintegrating the relationships. I've noticed our girl hasn't mentioned him for a couple months so I asked how he was doing. He now goes days without needing any discipline, and when she heard him say how much he wanted to learn to make slime....she started giving him lessons!

I hear stories from so many other parents who's kids are lost in the shuffle of their overcrowded school, kids who can't be pried out of bed because they hate school or are afraid of their classmates (5th graders!) and I am truly grateful that our girl comes home singing every day. She starts crafting something, building something (a vending machine this week), reading or writing her own stories.

It might seem crazy what I'm about to say
Sunshine she's here, you can take a break
I'm a hot air balloon that could go to space
Lalalalalala.......

Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof! :hippo:
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth! Hey!:dance:

Basking in 28C sunshine today...... and not a patch of cloud in the sky aaaall day! Whoop!

You do realize that you will have to post pictures of the babies, right? Everyone loves baby goats.
jewel babaies.jpg

Please post the pics , I love the goats so much, I am crazy about them :) I just noticed the pic, they are awesome, Mom is beautiful too :)

I'm happy it's raining and soccer games are cancelled. As much as we love soccer, it sure is nice to have a weekend off! And now I have time to make more soap! :)

As my hubby likes to say “Happy wife, happy life.” Not only did I get a lovely shelving unit this shopping trip in the city, I have just bought plastic canvas for it, and a percision scale, and another 3 kg’s of lye. I’m working on a online order as well. Now he also likes to quote “Sightly anoyd wife, amusing life.” He is lucky I love his sense of humour.

I am happy that I made 2 big PVC pipes of Loofah soap yesterday - unmolded today and they actually look good (!!! ) though still rather soft. Always, when making Loofah soap, I need to wait at least a week - or 2 -before I can cut - or should I say SAW - the individual pieces. So we shall see if these work better than some of my previous messes of Loofah soap

I am happy that I made 2 big PVC pipes of Loofah soap yesterday - unmolded today and they actually look good (!!! ) though still rather soft. Always, when making Loofah soap, I need to wait at least a week - or 2 -before I can cut - or should I say SAW - the individual pieces. So we shall see if these work better than some of my previous messes of Loofah soap
I bought some loofah, but still haven't made any soap with it. What do you recommend? I read somewhere that individual molds work best with loofah so you only have to use scissors to cut the dry loofah at the start. Do you do CP for your loofah soaps? I have seen MP loofah soaps, but am not one to do a lot of MP, so wasn't leaning in that direction.

Latest posts

Back