Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Misschief! It'll be the first time in 3 years that I've been in the same state with all of my boys! I've been glued to TJ's side since he got here and I told the other 2 (BJ & DJ) to be prepared to be smothered in bear hugs & kisses the instant I arrive in Arizona lol.

Thank you to everyone who helped me get to Arizona! I was so happy to get here and be with my sons that I forgot to post my happy! We're driving back later tonight but here's a couple of pics!
IMG_20180328_185040.jpg
IMG_20180328_172150.jpg
IMG_20180328_171300_1.jpg
IMG_20180328_190312.jpg

We absolutely LOVE it out here! The weather is just so awesome that seriously considering saving up to move here. Everyone keeps telling us to visit again in the summer before we make that move. This is still their winter weather and summer temps can reach 127° F. My only fear is that I'll have a hot flash on a hot day & spontaneously combust lol.

I have a 4 day weekend, and my last supplies order is coming in today. I have minimal house cleaning to do (bathrooms and a quick sweep and mop of the main floor) for Easter dinner with my mom, so my family may need to bribe me to come out of the soap lab :D

I now have a domain! Thanks to amd, I have registered my domain name and got the one I wanted with the first try. That's a good sign, right?

Getting my kombucha reactivated today. I like it in the spring/summer but not once the weather turns colder. It's been in hibernation all winter, too. Another happy? The sun is shining and it's supposed to be a lovely day here. And the grandkids will be here.

It's a good day. :nodding:

You are very welcome! I feel like we are a bit kindred - I love fermented things and do kombucha year round. I recently discovered using raw sugar... oh my lanta! That makes some good stuff. Last summer I brought back some green and oolong teas from China and they were so lovely. I'm leaving more space in my bag for tea on my next trip.

Thank you Misschief! It'll be the first time in 3 years that I've been in the same state with all of my boys! I've been glued to TJ's side since he got here and I told the other 2 (BJ & DJ) to be prepared to be smothered in bear hugs & kisses the instant I arrive in Arizona lol.

You obviously have an extraordinary and loving family!! (I'm envious!) Thanks for sharing this precious time with us. The pics are glorious! Joy in all of the faces!

We absolutely LOVE it out here! The weather is just so awesome that seriously considering saving up to move here. Everyone keeps telling us to visit again in the summer before we make that move. This is still their winter weather and summer temps can reach 127° F. My only fear is that I'll have a hot flash on a hot day & spontaneously combust lol.
So glad you made it to your son's wedding. Congratulations to the happy couple cheer leader.gif

You are very welcome! I feel like we are a bit kindred - I love fermented things and do kombucha year round. I recently discovered using raw sugar... oh my lanta! That makes some good stuff. Last summer I brought back some green and oolong teas from China and they were so lovely. I'm leaving more space in my bag for tea on my next trip.

Where do you get your raw sugar? I'm using Palm Sugar for both my water kefir and my kombucha but I'm always happy to experiment. Oolong is one of our faves around here... to drink as hot tea. My first batch of 'buch this spring is being made with oolong.

I had carrots fermenting last week but the dill decided to go moldy. The carrots, before the mold, tasted really good! I might try again but with fresh dill rather than dried.

As for today's happy? Just finished my last day of work before a week off and hubby goes back to work, starting next week. ME time!

Back