Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a large-ish sum of money on my floor in the control area today. I asked my transporter what kind of cash he had in his pockets. He's like "$14 in this pocket, and $600 in this pocket" All annoyed that I asked him about what cash he had LOL. I'm like ...check your pockets again. I thought he was gonna faint. I handed him the cash. "What the heck are you carrying all that money on you for?" Turns out it was his rent and his landlord was on his way to pick it up from him.

I'm so glad that I was the one who found that money. He was going to get kicked out of his apartment if he didn't pay the landlord today. He thanked me all day. They only get paid $10/hr. That was his entire paycheck. So many people in and out of my room. He wouldn't have gotten it back if it were somebody else.

So this is my happy for today

Happy we found my car keys! After a frantic half hour of searching, they turned up on the floor of DIL's car, where I sat in the back seat last night after moving my car so we could all go out to dinner to celebrate granddaughter's 20th.

What a relief! I had visions of having to have a new set of keys ordered from the dealership and having to postpone my departure to head back home tomorrow.

My neighbor brought me some late fall veggies from her garden. I keep her family stocked up on soap 😊

D5118001-4A5F-4D30-BDF2-AA05D3581155.jpeg

My niece made soap with me at Thanksgiving and it was too soft for her to take home with her. I delivered them to her at my mom's yesterday, all shined up and trimmed, wrapped in a pretty box. The delight on her face as she opened the box and smelled them was my happy for the day. They did turn out nice!

I found a large-ish sum of money on my floor in the control area today. I asked my transporter what kind of cash he had in his pockets. He's like "$14 in this pocket, and $600 in this pocket" All annoyed that I asked him about what cash he had LOL. I'm like ...check your pockets again. I thought he was gonna faint. I handed him the cash. "What the heck are you carrying all that money on you for?" Turns out it was his rent and his landlord was on his way to pick it up from him.

This is going back about 25+ years ago, but my Dad would drop off his laundry for me to do. Not a huge issue...just a couple of loads. So I go to pull the first load out of the washer and I find all this cash...a couple of thousand dollars. I collect it all and lay it out on the counter to dry. My BF at the time comes home, sees all the money and asks what I'm doing. Told him that I was laundering money...DUH! Dad calls about then...asks me if I found any money in his pockets? I told him no...which was the truth since I didn't check his pockets before I tossed them in the washer. It was only the second time in my life that I had had my Dad use the "eff" word, but it was the first time I had ever heard panic. I let him know that I had found the money in the washer and that it was drying on my counter. He was NOT amused.

Inspired by Mrs. @Zing , I did an inventory of my pantry yesterday. I have a long way to go for a 2022 reset, but we’re starting with the two different kinds of bean soup and a pumpkin pie type concoction made with a pecan crust and topping. With only two of us in the house these days, 3/4 of the pie is already in the freezer. Does that still count as pantry management? 😂

52961740-D734-47CA-9504-E7535AA28919.jpeg

This is going back about 25+ years ago, but my Dad would drop off his laundry for me to do. Not a huge issue...just a couple of loads. So I go to pull the first load out of the washer and I find all this cash...a couple of thousand dollars. I collect it all and lay it out on the counter to dry. My BF at the time comes home, sees all the money and asks what I'm doing. Told him that I was laundering money...DUH! Dad calls about then...asks me if I found any money in his pockets? I told him no...which was the truth since I didn't check his pockets before I tossed them in the washer. It was only the second time in my life that I had had my Dad use the "eff" word, but it was the first time I had ever heard panic. I let him know that I had found the money in the washer and that it was drying on my counter. He was NOT amused.
This could be the plot of a Christmas movie! Let's call your dad Uncle Billy and say his nephew runs the local Building & Loan. Oh wait, never mind.

I am happy I never forced my children to eat foods they didn't want or like. My youngest daughter who is due in 10 days with her first son fourth child found out she is highly allergic to shrimp. I would have felt so guilty if I forced her to eat something she was allergic too. She and the baby are fine so another reason to be happy.

Back