Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AHHH. While I wasn't as productive this weekend as I had hoped to be(I never am and always over estimate my energy), I had SUCH a good soaping session yesterday. I made a batch in the evening, and in fact didn't think I was going to be able to at all, but I rallied, and took my time and learned from my previous sessions and had SUCH a good session. It probably helped that I soaped at room temp (it had been 80 in the house all day, something's not right with the A/C, so even my palm and coconut were liquid) and used a slow moving recipe. I SB'd until emulsion, and just. AH. IT WENT SO WELL.

Anyone who's commented on my previous posts has seen that my previous posts here were stressed or whiny and frustrated. lol.
I'm so excited about soap again. I'm hoping to soap again tomorrow after work.

Had a beautiful day on the mountain celebrating my father-in-law’s life. He was quite a character - larger than life, not always the best dad or husband, but at least he didn’t leave unfinished business with his kids before he passed. Thankful he’s not confused or in pain anymore.

ETA: Also glad we waited almost 2 months to do this. Had we celebrated earlier, the mountain would have been snowy or muddy or both. By waiting, we got to celebrate him on an amazing clear day with deep blue skies, green rolling hills, and carpets of wildflowers.

My Happy: Kitty Baby had a BM last night. OMG, when did I ever expect to say that?

We are on the way back to Illinois, along with granddaughter who will stay for a month or so. Kitty Baby was bitten by a copperhead snake that she hunted and did some damage to outside my son & DIL's home a week before my granddaughter's graduation ceremony. I was already on my way back to Texas, but that made my trip somewhat more stressful than anticipated. Granddaughter insisted they take her to the pet hospital immediately, which at the time was something like 1 am. Luckily the injury was not as severe as it could have been had the snake been an adult rather than a 'baby' and also there was only one puncture as opposed to 2, so apparently less venom. In any case, by the time I arrived two days later, the swelling had gone down and the only observable residual symptoms was decreased energy and stamina.

But that's not why she wasn't having BMs more recently. It appeared to be part of a reaction to her vaccinations (probably more pronounced as a result of a lowered immune response as a result of the recent snake bite) that put her into this state. If I had been smarter, I would have postponed her appointment for her vaccinations, or at least I would have talked over the ramifications of this on top of the snake bite recovery with the vet. I got rather sidetracked by the discussion of the microchip discovered and contacting the former owner, that my notes of all to discuss ended up being forgotten.

Anyhow, she got beyond the first 24-48 hours post-vaccination & lethargy and loss of appetite, and seemed to be doing pretty well. But apparently the added stress on her system from these events plus the stress of the roadtrip to Illinois on top of it, she became constipated. She wasn't drinking much water, refused milk and was eating less each day. With less activity, bowel motility was less than usual until we confirmed she had not had a BM for 24 - 48 hours & was getting fairly agitated a couple of times per day for 2 days. At least we knew she was still urinating in the litter box, but with the travel, we knew absolutely there were no BMs for at least 36 hours.

As it turns out, apparently pumpkin puree is a laxative in cats so we stopped and bought some, mixed some with her favorite wet food, which she ate eagerly.

So yes, I am happy my kitty had a BM!

We will be back home later today and will be pampering her while she gets to know her new home.

I am also happy that granddaughter will be staying with us for awhile and together we have some projects in the works, one of which is to catify the 3 season porch and make it Kitty Baby's haven.

Attachments

• Texarkana 20200627_160604.jpg
    Texarkana 20200627_160604.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 6
I'll bet she's happy too, earlene!
I went to my favourite large shopping centre!! Seems like a very long 6 months ago that I visited a Westfield centre.

The BIGGEST HAPPY!!
Warm Chai home brewed with T2 loose tea, Jarrah honey (and milk) was absolutely the best treat.

My Happy: Kitty Baby had a BM last night. OMG, when did I ever expect to say that?

We are on the way back to Illinois, along with granddaughter who will stay for a month or so. Kitty Baby was bitten by a copperhead snake that she hunted and did some damage to outside my son & DIL's home a week before my granddaughter's graduation ceremony. I was already on my way back to Texas, but that made my trip somewhat more stressful than anticipated. Granddaughter insisted they take her to the pet hospital immediately, which at the time was something like 1 am. Luckily the injury was not as severe as it could have been had the snake been an adult rather than a 'baby' and also there was only one puncture as opposed to 2, so apparently less venom. In any case, by the time I arrived two days later, the swelling had gone down and the only observable residual symptoms was decreased energy and stamina.

But that's not why she wasn't having BMs more recently. It appeared to be part of a reaction to her vaccinations (probably more pronounced as a result of a lowered immune response as a result of the recent snake bite) that put her into this state. If I had been smarter, I would have postponed her appointment for her vaccinations, or at least I would have talked over the ramifications of this on top of the snake bite recovery with the vet. I got rather sidetracked by the discussion of the microchip discovered and contacting the former owner, that my notes of all to discuss ended up being forgotten.

Anyhow, she got beyond the first 24-48 hours post-vaccination & lethargy and loss of appetite, and seemed to be doing pretty well. But apparently the added stress on her system from these events plus the stress of the roadtrip to Illinois on top of it, she became constipated. She wasn't drinking much water, refused milk and was eating less each day. With less activity, bowel motility was less than usual until we confirmed she had not had a BM for 24 - 48 hours & was getting fairly agitated a couple of times per day for 2 days. At least we knew she was still urinating in the litter box, but with the travel, we knew absolutely there were no BMs for at least 36 hours.

As it turns out, apparently pumpkin puree is a laxative in cats so we stopped and bought some, mixed some with her favorite wet food, which she ate eagerly.

So yes, I am happy my kitty had a BM!

We will be back home later today and will be pampering her while she gets to know her new home.

I am also happy that granddaughter will be staying with us for awhile and together we have some projects in the works, one of which is to catify the 3 season porch and make it Kitty Baby's haven.
Awwww....poor Kitty...glad she’s on the mend. ♥️

After 3 weeks of daily learning/practice, I'm finally able to play all the way through Nuvole Bianche without having to constantly look at the sheet music! Yay! Now to focus on dynamics and speed. Marnie Laird of Brooklyn Duo (below) is my inspiration. I love the way she plays it:

First a bit of background... I work as a sales rep/CSR at a local print shop and I've been there for about 13 years. In that time, I've gained some very loyal customers, people who would prefer to deal only with me. I love them! Towards the end of March, I was laid off because business dropped by about 80% almost overnight due to Covid019; my co-worker knows the sign side of the business better than I do so it was logical that I was the one laid off. Early in June, my boss called to ask me to come back to work. Since I've been back, I've had numerous customers let me know how happy they were that I was back. Some of the reactions have been almost priceless. Today though, one of them won the prize.

We have a local car dealership that orders a few items that are somewhat specialized and I know exactly what they're looking for. They emailed my co-worker today, ordering one of those items; he forwarded the email to me because I know what to order and he wasn't sure. I emailed the customer to let her know that I'd ordered her envelopes (not just regular envelopes) and that I was back at work. About an hour later, I saw that dealership name come up on my call display and answered it. It was the receptionist who had ordered the envelopes. She said, "I only called to hear your voice! I'm so glad you're back! Welcome back!". That was it. I was so touched. It's one thing to hear, "You're back!". It's another to have someone call to hear your voice to make sure you're really back.

I love my customers!

I found my gel packs. I heated one up and put it on the back of my head/neck. Migraines aside, I've been feeling a lot of pressure there and the heat is helping for now.

We have a group of very close friends and for years have had a once a month game night together. Covid has put a stop to that and we haven’t been together since January or February. Tonight we hosted an outdoor, socially distanced game night. Lawn games and a bon fire. Thankfully the weather cooperated and it was a beautiful evening. I can’t tell you how wonderful it was being in the company of people I love. I mean, I love my hubby, but I’ve heard what all of what he has to say (more than once) over the last 5 months. Also, everyone went home with a bag of soap!

I got an order in today which made me scramble new space for all my fragrance oils! I'm officially 'out of the closet' and have now taken over a shelf in the shelving units that are part of the murphy bed in the spare room! It's starting to eat me up. :rolleyes: I am supposed to be a hobbyist so this is a LOT for me.
FO'S.jpg

Had a fantastic weekend camping with the grandsons at our church's Family Camp. We are very fortunate to live in a place with low virus numbers and less restrictions on activities, etc. So the kids were all able to ride their bikes and run around the campground, while the adults social-distanced and got caught up on life. It was almost like life was normal again. Of course, I now have huge piles of camping laundry, but all the dirt in each piece of bedding or clothing reminds me of what a great time we all had. The events of the last few months really have made me more thankful for things like this, which I probably took for granted before.

I play pool, and its more than a hobby. I have been playing leagues and tournaments since 1995 non-stop. I havent played or been to a poolroom since covid started. Actually havent been out to do anything aside from work i guess since...march?

My friends own the poolroom that i go to. They called me to get back on the league. They assured me of their social distancing policies etc. I was skeptical. But did a “poll” at work (Hospital)...one nurse was like NO!!!!

I stopped by the poolroom anyway and peeked in at first.... I am more afraid for them being around me, than the other way around.

I made it clear...no hugging, no high fives, etc. I actually made it a point to scare the crap out of them by telling covid stories from work Lol.

I have my own sticks, so no worries about touching the same cues. And they sanitize the pool balls after every match. Lots of hand sanitizer everywhere.

Glad i went. I almost cried seeing my friends again even if talking a table apart..

I won my game :).

Then a bunch of 20-somethings started piling in and im like....gotta go lol.

It was great though. I was satisfied with the social distancing (until the kids showed up). I showed the “NO” nurse a picture of the poolroom, and she said “yes! thats the way to do it!”

Did i mention that i kicked butt?

@GemstonePony I am a bit jelly about the cheese part. Allergies deprive me of cheese and kitties... two things I love immensely. And I can't rarely do regular coffee due to the caffeine. But I'm very thankful I can still do chocolate and decaf, and likewise for my secure job with good pay and fantastic benefits. Thanks for the reminder of how precious that is these days!

@Catscankim go girl! Love that you went AND you won. 😁

I'm happy it looks like we're one step closer to building our two story attached garage (read that as above garage soaping studio~...that my husband thinks he'll get to share as his office 😂 :shakinghead:).

Our neighbor was giving us a hard time about it (and for sure will continue to), but the HOA will back us in all city hearings so that is really nice of them.

I think such things better to keep inside but sometimes you just need to say it outloud.
So today I'm happy we're moving to a new house with a big kitchen. In our old appartment we had a very small kitchen with no place at all. Since there was no space for gadgets, I had to keep everything on the countertop and one day I accidentally dropped down some plates, meat grinder, and some other stuff . Unfortunately, my favorite plate broke. Now I have a lot of free space for as much stuff as I want :D
My next 'happy' is also connected with a kitchen. I'm happy that this owfull story with my order is over and I finally received the package I've been waiting for a couple of months. My mom bought an induction cooktop and since she enjoys cooking so much, I've decided to get her good new woks or a pan set. The problem was that I didn't know that you need a special surface for an induction. I found a guide for woks, already ordered Tefal Jumbo Wok but then my sister told me that it won't work with an induction. So I had to cancel my order. And for some reason Amazon didn't want to cancel it, so I called them, cancelled it and ordered a new wok. Now it's finally here and my mother is happy with her new gift.
I'm also happy for this day, great weather, and everything. Hope you guys are also happy!

By the way, here's my cat and his name is Happy :D

Attachments

• c4fab61e-7f9c-443b-993a-7f1d47efacc1.jpg
    c4fab61e-7f9c-443b-993a-7f1d47efacc1.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 3
  • ddbbed15-1787-4e90-ab96-2fe6cb038bd5.jpg
    ddbbed15-1787-4e90-ab96-2fe6cb038bd5.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 3
Back