Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[QUOTE="Lin19687, post: 802439, member: 26269"Oh and it will be a bummer that I won't be able to go to work for 3 weeks .... snicker snicker snicker..... I need my thumbs for work.[/QUOTE]
Haha. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

We decided that since my daughter and the kids won't be here for Christmas and we'll be all alone, we're not going to celebrate or buy gifts for each other. However, we did decide that if we know there is something we, or each other, would really like or need, we can buy it and give it at any time. Well, I mentioned to my husband that I need a new pair of shoes as the ones I wear to work almost every day are beginning to fall apart. Earlier this week, I came home to these....
20191217_191424.jpg

They were slightly on the small side so, after work today, we went back to exchange them for one size larger. They're now on sale so I got my new shoes and my husband received a $25 refund!

I was standing in the Customer Service line at the grocery store today. The lady being helped was sending money overseas and was taking forever. So, I turned around to chat with the gal behind me.

She was around 50. Her hair was jaw-dropping stunning... a beautiful shade of ginger with copper highlights... artistically styled in long waves that framed her face and landed below her chin. I first complimented her hair then we chatted. She said she was a Stylist and that it took her 45 minutes to do her hair because it was naturally curly. Hard to believe.

And then she said, “Your hair is beautiful.” I was taken aback. I blinked hard. I don’t spend much time doing my hair and I don’t think it’s beautiful at all due to some grey outcroppings around my face. I guess she was talking about the back which I never see. LOL
Coming from a stylist, it really made my day. :)

We decided that since my daughter and the kids won't be here for Christmas and we'll be all alone, we're not going to celebrate or buy gifts for each other. However, we did decide that if we know there is something we, or each other, would really like or need, we can buy it and give it at any time. Well, I mentioned to my husband that I need a new pair of shoes as the ones I wear to work almost every day are beginning to fall apart. Earlier this week, I came home to these....
View attachment 43027

They were slightly on the small side so, after work today, we went back to exchange them for one size larger. They're now on sale so I got my new shoes and my husband received a $25 refund!
Those are NICE!

@Zany_in_CO i have grey outcropping all over my head :)

Boooooo We had the very good fortune to be in Hong Kong when the Rugby Sevens Tournament played for the 2 years we were there. Got into it big time. The teams would parade before the games began. The All Blacks were definitely one of the more entertaining clubs! The umps also paraded... stumbling along wearing dark classes and carrying red & white canes! :D

Also of note, my niece in WA made the All American Women's Rugby Team her senior year in college. Her team made the national finals that year which was played at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs -- 45 minutes from our house. So we got to go watch! Then we entertained the whole group for dinner at our house. Fond memories.

When I was younger, much younger, I played city league Rugby on a team in Corvallis OR . We would go to WA once a year to laybin a tournament I believe it was called the MUD Bowl. What fun! Thanks for the memory!

Christmas has been wonderful. Our grown daughter had a tumor in her inner ear that was misdiagnosed for up to six years. She had brain surgery in May. The right side of her face was frozen and of course now she is deaf on that side. She has gone to balance, occupational and face therapy along with all the rest of the doc visits through the rest of the year. Another surgery to implant the Bone Anchored Hearing Aid in September and on the 19th of December she was healed enough to get the hearing device. So this morning we had Christmas Carols, along with the opening of presents with her and grandson, Chase. We are so blessed to have her well and functioning. She has been an inspiration to all of us. She always showed a brave face to the world and came up with her own brand of "tumor humor". All's well that ends well. Happy New Year to all.

I am happy because last night I had a healing crisis (which was scary) and when it was over, my macular pucker in one eye was healed and I have clear vision again after several years of distortion. I don't understand it, but that's what happened and I'll take it!
Awesome!!!
She always showed a brave face to the world and came up with her own brand of "tumor humor". All's well that ends well. Happy New Year to all.
Great story. You have an exceptional daughter -- not only for how bravely she made it through this experience, but also for her ability to not lose her sense of humor. Many blessings to you all.

I am happy because last night I had a healing crisis (which was scary) and when it was over, my macular pucker in one eye was healed and I have clear vision again after several years of distortion. I don't understand it, but that's what happened and I'll take it!
That is so great! The body works in different ways. Glad it has changed for you.

Christmas has been wonderful. Our grown daughter had a tumor in her inner ear that was misdiagnosed for up to six years. She had brain surgery in May. The right side of her face was frozen and of course now she is deaf on that side. She has gone to balance, occupational and face therapy along with all the rest of the doc visits through the rest of the year. Another surgery to implant the Bone Anchored Hearing Aid in September and on the 19th of December she was healed enough to get the hearing device. So this morning we had Christmas Carols, along with the opening of presents with her and grandson, Chase. We are so blessed to have her well and functioning. She has been an inspiration to all of us. She always showed a brave face to the world and came up with her own brand of "tumor humor". All's well that ends well. Happy New Year to all.
Thank you for sharing your family Christmas miracle with us. Best wishes to all and I hope your daughter’s year is filled with music!

Wow! That’s fantastic and hopefully your vision will stay clear. Wishing you the best for the New year!

Back