Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My today's Happy was realizing that I am off on Monday!!! I did not even realize it was Columbus Day on Monday here in the U.S. until a co-worker told me, haha.. Yay!!!!!!:rolling:

Some friends found out about my new love for making more soap than anyone really needs and talking incessantly about oil combinations, and made me a soap cutter, just like the ones you see on the Internet. Made of teak, with the cuts in the right place. Beautiful looking thing. Almost started sniffing when I saw it. With friends like that...

And to cap it all, they made a humungous mould with divisions in it, so now I can make more soap than the Spanish nation needs....

Made my day, so good to have friends

Happy soaping

England beat the All Blacks in the semis of the Rugby World Cup
Boooooo We had the very good fortune to be in Hong Kong when the Rugby Sevens Tournament played for the 2 years we were there. Got into it big time. The teams would parade before the games began. The All Blacks were definitely one of the more entertaining clubs! The umps also paraded... stumbling along wearing dark classes and carrying red & white canes! :D

Also of note, my niece in WA made the All American Women's Rugby Team her senior year in college. Her team made the national finals that year which was played at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs -- 45 minutes from our house. So we got to go watch! Then we entertained the whole group for dinner at our house. Fond memories.

Boooooo We had the very good fortune to be in Hong Kong when the Rugby Sevens Tournament played for the 2 years we were there. Got into it big time. The teams would parade before the games began. The All Blacks were definitely one of the more entertaining clubs! The umps also paraded... stumbling along wearing dark classes and carrying red & white canes! :D

Also of note, my niece in WA made the All American Women's Rugby Team her senior year in college. Her team made the national finals that year which was played at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs -- 45 minutes from our house. So we got to go watch! Then we entertained the whole group for dinner at our house. Fond memories.

Booooo? Booooooo?

What we witnessed today was living proof of the existence of powers beyond our ken! Miracles exist...

I used to play, both in Bighty and in Spain. Great fun, but now I'm paying the price, bits of me are starting to fall off, and that's thanks to too many melees, mauls, rucks and tackles, given and received.

I used to play, both in Bighty and in Spain. Great fun, but now I'm paying the price, bits of me are starting to fall off, and that's thanks to too many melees, mauls, rucks and tackles, given and received.
Awww I hear ya! It was hard for me to watch Jenny, my niece, play so rough! She loved it. Her mother & I wished she had stayed with soccer! She's now a mother of two, teaches "at risk" kids and runs marathons. Still all in one piece, knock wood.

I may be buying a house. Walked through one we really love on 16 acres. Now fingers crossed for the loan.
You got it...
Cross Fingers.jpg

This morning I went to my favourite druggists to buy stuff I can't afford, and instead of Juan, my favourite druggist, there was a very attractive, talkative middle aged woman dressed in a white pharmacist's jacket. She explained that Juan was on holiday, and that she was covering for him. Needless to say, the poor woman didn't have a clue where the stearic acid was, or the lanolin, or the KOH, but she soldiered on and found everything. Then, when she brought the last bag of chemicals I'd ordered, she suddenly said "what a wonderful world". I agreed, for want of anything better to say or do, but then she explained. She's a pharmacist and knows about the effects of some of the products she was selling in the druggists, but had no idea about their uses in chemical processes like soapmaking, and so she was learning so much new stuff, and she was so happy about it. She then said, "you just keep on learning until life ends" with a big happy smile on her face.

I'm so dumb at times that I didn't realise how beautiful or profound that moment was until 12 hours later, while shaving, and it hit me between the eyes how very right she is, how happy she looked and how we should never stop learning until life ends. I smiled so broadly that I cut myself with the straight razor...

A very happy moment.

I am happy to be going to the Hand Dr to talk about getting my Trigger Thumbs (yes both) Surgery ASAP.

Oh and it will be a bummer that I won't be able to go to work for 3 weeks .... snicker snicker snicker..... I need my thumbs for work.

Latest posts

Back