Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut my own hair for the first time! Took me like an hour and a half, but I think it turned out fine for a first time. My hair was long, and only one lenght since I got rid of my layers quite a while back, but I always kind of miss them so I decided to get them back.
IMG_5764.JPG

It's 9:15 a.m. We're celebrating a milestone birthday this afternoon and my happy is that all the prep is going super smoothly. We are on track for a fun evening with up to 24 friends. We're having burgers, potato salad, watermelon feta salad, peach salad (a friend is bringing), veggie/fruit platter and various appies. The yard is ready; the house is tidy..... John's making the potato salad as I type. It's going to be good.

I met up for lunch yesterday with my best friend from grade 2 until grade 9 (when her family moved away) We would visit occasionally after that over the next decade or so, but we hadn't seen one another in around 28 years when we met up yesterday. It is always a happy day when you can reunite with and old friend and have a lot of laughs!

My son rang me specifically to say that my salt bar is “strange but very nice” and he’d like more! He’d put off using it until it was the last soap he had but he really likes it.

My family has to suffer with seconds. These bars had a green mica pencil line through them which fell apart. He was worried that it was mold!! but used it anyway. o_O Got to love ‘em! :tub:

not like my ungrateful tenant that we brought over with us. No matter what you do for people, you cant make them be grateful.
Even the least of us deserve the kindness you showed to your tenant. Bless you. That being said, unless there's a good reason not to, I would give the ungrateful one his/her notice to vacate ASAP and find someone more in tune with your kind spirit. ;)

This was in my email today from a new customer I met here on SMF. I'm so pleased I'm busting my buttons. I just wanted to share it with you all. I mean, it's not like I won a Nobel Prize or anything. Just really touched and humbled by it. :)
~~~~~~
I've been enjoying the Grandma's lye soap for a couple weeks now, and I love it. I used to order it from a place in Pigeon Forge, and yours is definitely superior. I also had a chance to compare it to the Trader Joe's soap I wanted to replace (I have a stash at my summer cabin), and yours won that comparison, too.

Can you notify me the next time you are doing soap batches so I can reorder both the comfrey/tea tree and the Grandma's lye? I still have plenty, but I'd love to stock up when you make the next batch.

I'm 54 years old, but I started using the handmade lye soap when I developed adult acne in my 40s. I have always had sensitive skin, and using commercial products just stressed my skin out more. Switching to handmade soap made a huge difference, but it is hard to find a consistent seller. I wanted you to know that the next time you feel like making soap, you have one happy buyer who'd like to buy more!

Last edited by a moderator:
This was in my email today from a new customer I met here on SMF. I'm so pleased I'm busting my buttons. I just wanted to share it with you all. I mean, it's not like I won a Nobel Prize or anything. Just really touched and humbled by it. :)
~~~~~~
I've been enjoying the Grandma's lye soap for a couple weeks now, and I love it. I used to order it from a place in Pigeon Forge, and yours is definitely superior. I also had a chance to compare it to the Trader Joe's soap I wanted to replace (I have a stash at my summer cabin), and yours won that comparison, too.

Can you notify me the next time you are doing soap batches so I can reorder both the comfrey/tea tree and the Grandma's lye? I still have plenty, but I'd love to stock up when you make the next batch.

I'm 54 years old, but I started using the handmade lye soap when I developed adult acne in my 40s. I have always had sensitive skin, and using commercial products just stressed my skin out more. Switching to handmade soap made a huge difference, but it is hard to find a consistent seller. I wanted you to know that the next time you feel like making soap, you have one happy buyer who'd like to buy more!
:thumbs:

~~~~~~

So Awesome! Always great to get feedback and gain a new customer. Congrats!

~~~~~~

:) Nice!

I cut my own hair for the first time! View attachment 40806
Looks great! I've been cutting my own hair in layers for the last decade or so... But mine's easy since I'm curly. Even if it's not cut straight it won't be noticeable hehe

So.... After the **** week I've been having, I got sent this.
IMG_20190927_010426_902.jpg

One of my cousins took my baby out and he had a good day. I miss him terribly but it's a good thing knowing he has people who love him around.

Even the least of us deserve the kindness you showed to your tenant. Bless you. That being said, unless there's a good reason not to, I would give the ungrateful one his/her notice to vacate ASAP and find someone more in tune with your kind spirit. ;)

~~~~~~

That's one of the best forms of compliments a soaper can get! Good on you!

Looks great! I've been cutting my own hair in layers for the last decade or so... But mine's easy since I'm curly. Even if it's not cut straight it won't be noticeable hehe

So.... After the **** week I've been having, I got sent this.
View attachment 41702
One of my cousins took my baby out and he had a good day. I miss him terribly but it's a good thing knowing he has people who love him around.
He looks like his mom and apparently also has the same outlook on life in general :)

Back