Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have feeders up for 9 or 10 months each year. When we see or hear the first one of the year we put up a half dozen feeders and put a small amount of sugar water in each one.
We haven't always seen as many as we do now. It seems like the little ones remember where they found food last year and tell their friends about it too.:thumbs:

My Happy: Outlander Season 1 & 2 are coming to Netflix!!!!!!! I have Season 1 on DVD, but haven't bit the bullet and sat down to watch it - 1) because I love the books and I'm skirred it won't live up to it and 2) I didn't want to steal from my limited soap funds to buy the next season on DVD. I mean, I will eventually, but I didn't want to have to do it. Oh, and Hubby found GOT seasons 2 & 3 on DVD for me - although he's interested in watching that with me (I talk about the books a lot. It's soap or GOT in my head 24/7) so I will have to balance TV watching, soapmaking, and enjoying the great outdoors very carefully this summer.

(I talk about the books a lot
Have you read the GOT books?
I have all 5 and have read them through twice, and watched all 7 seasons on DVD twice. I have not seen the 3 episodes of Season 8 as of yet, but my son has talked to me about them, so I know what has happened (I won't spoil I promise, but :( so sad about one of the characters, and probably not the one most people think)
I am still convinced of 2 things that will most likely not come true, but I'm holding out for them until I am proven otherwise!! LOL

My friend bought me Outlander book 1 knowing it would be a commitment and several books, however I have not found the time to start reading it, and have not seen any of the TV show.

Have you read the GOT books?
I'm working my way through Book 4. I usually only have about 15-20 minutes a day to sit and read so they take me forever to get through, lol, but get through them I shall! (I also take breaks to read other things, after reading The Red Wedding, I had to take a 3 month break...) I figure he *might* have the series finished about the time that I need to read the last book, bahaha. (But probably not. I realistically get how much work the author has put into this world he's created. The books take as long as they need to.) I read news and stuff on the show, so I'm aware of the differences and deviations between the books and show - I'm sure my spoiler will come tomorrow when I listen to my friend's GOT podcast. Anyways... having the hubby on board will keep me from totally binging all the seasons - he's a "one episode per day/week" kind of guy. We just finished Umbrella Academy, so maybe GOT is next. Should take awhile!

Outlander is amazing! I've read all of them multiple times. My daughter is a Claire Elizabeth as well... you won't regret starting that series.

found a new series to watch
The discovery of witches.
Lead guy is super cute :)
I binged on the 1st 4 episodes and wish there were more.

watched a cardinal on my feeders this morning---FINALLY...….only the one and the female but it was still a cardinal nonetheless. also watched a male finch feeding a female finch. any day I can watch nature in action is an emotionally relaxing day for me!! it makes me realize that I sometimes need to turn off the electronics cuz there is more enjoyable things

watched a cardinal on my feeders this morning---FINALLY...….only the one and the female but it was still a cardinal nonetheless. also watched a male finch feeding a female finch. any day I can watch nature in action is an emotionally relaxing day for me!! it makes me realize that I sometimes need to turn off the electronics cuz there is more enjoyable things

I love the song of the cardinal. We've had them for awhile here, but then we have them in the snow, too, quite often. But never as prolifically as in the warmer months. We've been enjoying even the sparrows lately. As the pollen falls off the trees onto the back deck and the lawn, we see so many sparrows seeking nourishment. But then there are the rabbits. I love seeing the rabbits. Even in the rain they come out to eat, which is good because it's been raining here for the past few days off & on.

I love the song of the cardinal. We've had them for awhile here, but then we have them in the snow, too, quite often. But never as prolifically as in the warmer months. We've been enjoying even the sparrows lately. As the pollen falls off the trees onto the back deck and the lawn, we see so many sparrows seeking nourishment. But then there are the rabbits. I love seeing the rabbits. Even in the rain they come out to eat, which is good because it's been raining here for the past few days off & on.

their call is pretty simple and I have "talked" back and forth with them many times. I actually had one follow me on a walk and we "talked" the whole time

It's raining! Complete with thunder and a little but of lightning. Hasn't rained in months and I'm loving the cool breeze and the wet earth smell.

Our kitchen is "partly outdoors" and I heard the rain and thunder, and saw the lightning, and smelled it all while soaping.. Sweated less too lol.. And I enjoyed it immensely.

It's raining! Complete with thunder and a little but of lightning. Hasn't rained in months and I'm loving the cool breeze and the wet earth smell.

Our kitchen is "partly outdoors" and I heard the rain and thunder, and saw the lightning, and smelled it all while soaping.. Sweated less too lol.. And I enjoyed it immensely.

I love that you have a partially outdoors kitchen. My youngest son really enjoys outdoor kitchens and has built two for himself & DIL (at different locations where they have lived), and is planning one again in their new location. When they lived in our town, it wasn't really feasible, but in tropical areas and where they are now, it entirely works. I envy you your partially outdoor kitchen.

But not the rain. We've had rain for days and the ground is so saturated here that our basement is seeping water. I hope it ends soon. I do love a rainstorm, though, for all the characteristics you mentioned.

Finally talked my hub into (re)doing the deck out back and (re)sodding the front lawn this spring/summer. We've also reserved spots in my absolute favorite camping spot for 2 camping trips this summer, and we put a deposit on another cruise for next March. I will pull him out of his "I don't wanna" attitude sooner or later.

But not the rain. We've had rain for days and the ground is so saturated here that our basement is seeping water. I hope it ends soon. I do love a rainstorm, though, for all the characteristics you mentioned

that stinks--hope you dry up quick. I really love the storms now that I don't have to worry about trees coming down on my roof. Probably one of the worst feelings I have had is the night that I woke up at 2am to a wild storm and heard the tree come down on the kids bedroom roof--thankfully they were ok

I agree with earlene I am kinda jealous that you have a kitchen partially outside--I have seen pictures of laundries on porches and thought that would be cool but then I began thinking about snakes crawling in.….…..

found a new series to watch
The discovery of witches.
Lead guy is super cute :)
I binged on the 1st 4 episodes and wish there were more.

I just noticed this. Have you read the books? It's a 3 book series - series itself is called "All Souls". Books are in order - Discovery of Witches, Shadow of the Night, The Book of Life.
I have the books, but have not read them yet, but have been watching the series. I LOVE it. (my friends all tell me I will really enjoy the books as well)

The same author has also written a book called Time's Convert that could easily fit into the series (so I've been told, but I don't have this book yet)- and there is also a book called "The World of All Souls" which is a guidebook to The All Souls Trilogy.

Anyway, just throwing that out there in case you don't already have enough to read. LMAO

that stinks--hope you dry up quick. I really love the storms now that I don't have to worry about trees coming down on my roof. Probably one of the worst feelings I have had is the night that I woke up at 2am to a wild storm and heard the tree come down on the kids bedroom roof--thankfully they were ok

Yes, that is horrible! Glad they were okay. We had a neighbor's old oak tree fall through the roof of our dining room, destroy the deck and part of the roof of the kitchen as well in the last house we lived in before moving to Illinois. It was the middle of the night and of course woke us up. What a huge mess and quite a lot of repair required. Luckily it was just the two of us affected, but it sure was a huge inconvenience nonetheless.

After that experience, we have always kept a close eye on the trees where we live. We removed some trees a few years ago because they were getting to be too close for comfort and one was so badly damaged from disease, that it was only a matter of time before it would have come through either our house or the neighbor's house.

Finally talked my hub into (re)doing the deck out back and (re)sodding the front lawn this spring/summer.
Men and that "don't wanna" attitude are fun! When we bought our new house two years ago, there were two things I didn't like about it - 1) the kitchen is horrible to work in and 2) there's no deck, just a patio on the far end of the yard. Last summer I started showing hubby some ideas I have for building a deck right off the back door. He gave me the "are you freaking crazy" look and said no, the patio at the end of the yard is just fine, he would not be building a deck. I let it drop because we had quite a few projects going on last summer. Well... after a whole summer of using the patio, and then not having access to the grill because it was buried in 4 feet of snow, hubby came up to me last week and asked me to show him my ideas again, and started measuring the yard and costing materials. Now... how long do I wait before I bring up the kitchen??

I just noticed this. Have you read the books? It's a 3 book series - series itself is called "All Souls". Books are in order - Discovery of Witches, Shadow of the Night, The Book of Life.
I have the books, but have not read them yet, but have been watching the series. I LOVE it. (my friends all tell me I will really enjoy the books as well)

The same author has also written a book called Time's Convert that could easily fit into the series (so I've been told, but I don't have this book yet)- and there is also a book called "The World of All Souls" which is a guidebook to The All Souls Trilogy.

Anyway, just throwing that out there in case you don't already have enough to read. LMAO

If I wasn't in the phase of long arm/short arm trying to read I might read them. I need new glasses and now readers :( But good to know that it is also in book form ! I have to admit I like the movies better as I get to drool over the cute guys

@amd don't cha love it !!! So much fun ! keep a journal topic here so we can see how it goes !

Latest posts

Back