Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations, Goldy! My dad was dubbed 'Goldy' in his early years by his co-workers or college mates, not sure which. So I like the moniker.

You sure have a houseful! Your family is like mine. I am the oldest sibling and only girl with 4 brothers. There are many advantages to being the only girl, but I did always wish I had a sister like so many of my girl friends did.

I found a copy of a recipe I wanted to try, after thinking I was out of luck. The original site is offline right now, so with a quick Google search I found another site that has the exact same recipe (mentions the original author and all), so happily I can save this to try soon. I'm all out of veggie bacon, and had 4 new recipes to try and see which I like best, but when my computer decided to re-start during the night the browser had to refresh all the previously open windows and that one was coming up 'not available.' So today I will finish writing down these 4 recipes (I had started but had not transcriped all of them as yet.)

I am a big fan of veggie bacon, and a big fan of seitan and when I can make veggie bacon with seitan it makes me happy. I make my own seitan as well, rather than buying store-bought, so always have the ingredients on hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so happy my baby was finally born after a difficult pregnancy! It's a boy which makes 4 boys and 1 girl. He's such a nice baby and we are so thankful for him!
Congratulations!!! Welcome to the 5 kid club! I have 2 boys and 3 girls!!:dance:

I found a copy of a recipe I wanted to try, after thinking I was out of luck. The original site is offline right now, so with a quick Google search I found another site that has the exact same recipe (mentions the original author and all), so happily I can save this to try soon. I'm all out of veggie bacon, and had 4 new recipes to try and see which I like best, but when my computer decided to re-start during the night the browser had to refresh all the previously open windows and that one was coming up 'not available.' So today I will finish writing down these 4 recipes (I had started but had not transcriped all of them as yet.)

I am a big fan of veggie bacon, and a big fan of seitan and when I can make veggie bacon with seitan it makes me happy. I make my own seitan as well, rather than buying store-bought, so always have the ingredients on hand.
I've never heard of seitan, but did a quick Google search and it sounds kinda awesome! I make a vegetarian taco meat with taco seasoning, walnuts and cauliflower that sounds gross but is actually delicious!!

Thank you @Amy78130 and @earlene! We were definitely hoping for a girl but we're happy and my sweet daughter has really taken it so well. (She only cried once when she saw the baby girl clothes again - poor thing) But she's having such a good time taking care of me and baby. :)

I've never heard of seitan, but did a quick Google search and it sounds kinda awesome! I make a vegetarian taco meat with taco seasoning, walnuts and cauliflower that sounds gross but is actually delicious!!

Sounds great to me. Sometime last year I found some frozen nut-meat veggie tacos at some grocery store somewhere (I don't even remember what state I was in) and they were so delicious. I wish I could find them again, but no-one around here sells it. I'd love to have your recipe!

Another happy: I just finished watching 'Don't Worry; He Won't get Far on Foot' on Amazon Prime. My eldest son recommended it to me recently and so today I decided to see what was on Amazon that I hadn't seen yet and there it was. While I was in the midst of watching it, eldest son called me! So we talked for a bit & I told him I was watching it and he got so excited. He knows me so well. But then so does my other son. They both know what I like to watch and share whenever they find something they think I 'd like. It's really cool that way with my boys.

Sounds great to me. Sometime last year I found some frozen nut-meat veggie tacos at some grocery store somewhere (I don't even remember what state I was in) and they were so delicious. I wish I could find them again, but no-one around here sells it. I'd love to have your recipe!

Another happy: I just finished watching 'Don't Worry; He Won't get Far on Foot' on Amazon Prime. My eldest son recommended it to me recently and so today I decided to see what was on Amazon that I hadn't seen yet and there it was. While I was in the midst of watching it, eldest son called me! So we talked for a bit & I told him I was watching it and he got so excited. He knows me so well. But then so does my other son. They both know what I like to watch and share whenever they find something they think I 'd like. It's really cool that way with my boys.
Here's the recipe! I'm going to check out the show, Amazon has some great shows out right now!!

Cauli-Walnut "Meat"

2 cups cauliflower florets
1 cup raw walnuts
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 Tbsp. Tamari (soy sauce)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. cumin powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)

Taco Shells
6 corn tortillas*
1 Tbsp. olive oil

Instructions
Taco Shells
  1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).

2. Lay the tortillas out and brush both sides of each corn tortillas with a little bit of olive oil
  3. Taco bowls: Turn a 12-cup muffin tin upside down. Nestle a tortilla in the space between 4 cups to form a "bowl." Repeat with 3 more tortillas, making 4 bowls total.

4. Taco shells: carefully drape each tortilla over two bars of your cooling rack. Put the cooling rack on the oven rack (the tortilla ends should be in between two bars of the oven rack, creating a U-shape).

5. Bake the tortillas for about 7-10 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown.
Cauli-Walnut "Meat"

2. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse a few times until the walnuts and cauliflower become crumbly. Be extra careful that you don’t over-process the mixture or else it will lose its crumbly texture and be too smooth. The texture should reassemble that of crumbly cooked mince.
  3. Spread the mixture onto a lightly greased baking sheet into a single layer (use two baking sheets if needed).
  4. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through to prevent over-browning. The cauli-walnut crumble is done when it's dry, crumbly, and brown.
  5. Store leftover cauli-walnut "meat" in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. For longer term storage, freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.

Thank you @Amy78130 and @earlene! We were definitely hoping for a girl but we're happy and my sweet daughter has really taken it so well. (She only cried once when she saw the baby girl clothes again - poor thing) But she's having such a good time taking care of me and baby. :)
Awww, I feel her pain! When my sister was born I really wanted a brother... Now that we're adults, I am so glad she is who she is!! She'll come around. Are you guys planning on building your awesome family further? I would have but preeclampsia stopped me.. maybe another girl is still in your future!!

Thank you, Amy. This looks fabulous! I have put cauliflower on my shopping list, but am not sure how soon I will be able to find any fresh here. I will keep looking. Perhaps I could try it with frozen until fresh is in the market.

Here's the recipe! I'm going to check out the show, Amazon has some great shows out right now!!

Cauli-Walnut "Meat"

2 cups cauliflower florets
1 cup raw walnuts
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 Tbsp. Tamari (soy sauce)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. cumin powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)

Taco Shells
6 corn tortillas*
1 Tbsp. olive oil

Instructions
Taco Shells

2. Lay the tortillas out and brush both sides of each corn tortillas with a little bit of olive oil
  3. Taco bowls: Turn a 12-cup muffin tin upside down. Nestle a tortilla in the space between 4 cups to form a "bowl." Repeat with 3 more tortillas, making 4 bowls total.

4. Taco shells: carefully drape each tortilla over two bars of your cooling rack. Put the cooling rack on the oven rack (the tortilla ends should be in between two bars of the oven rack, creating a U-shape).

5. Bake the tortillas for about 7-10 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown.
Cauli-Walnut "Meat"

2. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse a few times until the walnuts and cauliflower become crumbly. Be extra careful that you don’t over-process the mixture or else it will lose its crumbly texture and be too smooth. The texture should reassemble that of crumbly cooked mince.
  3. Spread the mixture onto a lightly greased baking sheet into a single layer (use two baking sheets if needed).
  4. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through to prevent over-browning. The cauli-walnut crumble is done when it's dry, crumbly, and brown.
  5. Store leftover cauli-walnut "meat" in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. For longer term storage, freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.

Wow @Amy78130, preeclampsia is scary. I'm glad you're safe. Fortunately that's not one of the things I've had to deal with but I've also got plenty of other issues - bad veins, blood sugar problems, big babies (I got to 43 cm. this time) etc. So I'm pretty sure we're done but I guess you never know for sure ;).

Thank you, Amy. This looks fabulous! I have put cauliflower on my shopping list, but am not sure how soon I will be able to find any fresh here. I will keep looking. Perhaps I could try it with frozen until fresh is in the market.
I don't see why frozen wouldn't work. The key is in the size of the crumbles, as long as you don't over process it, it'll probably be the same! You could try chopping them in your food processor separately (the cauliflower and the walnuts), then mixing them together after, but I'll bet together will be ok.

I'm happy coz my Darren is happy.

We went out today, just me n him. No baby, no grandma... And I bought him a gaming computer. Now I need to expand the list of ground rules.....

Had dinner out too, his choice, which I know would either be Japanese or Italian... He chose Italian today and he ate the amount a bigger man would probably eat lol

I also finally got to see the new barbies lol I've been living under a rock the last two years and it's the first time I saw the curvy, the tall, and the petite barbies in person, not online. Still not a fan of them though.......

He's 16 and I'm close to 35 and our first stop on our day out was Toys R Us lol I foresee this to continue for many, many more years to come.

I have a Dr's appointment this morning so I'm not heading straight in to work. (That's not really my happy.) In the meantime, I'm working on labels for a few of my products. Although there are limited fonts, I'm really liking Maestro (through Online Labels). It's very easy to use. Within the past hour, I've finished labels for the Dishwashing Paste (two labels: one with French & English directions and one with ingredients) and two varieties of Butter Cream Body Frosting. And, because the program is online, I can access it at work to print. That makes me happy.

Hee hee, I went magnet fishing for the first time today with my son at the Mississippi River. The photos are our "Catches" So much fun!

iron ore.jpg Railroad tie.jpg

Latest posts

Back