Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new washer came today!! YAY - and instead of trying selling my old washer on my own on Craig's List, Facebook, etc., which is what I had planned on doing, they gave me a $300 credit and hauled it away for me, so my new washer ended not costing me as much as I thought it would. :) And it is a beautiful washer. I'm in love.

How do you know when you reach adulthood? When you get as excited about appliances as you used to get about toys. :)

:dance::dance::dance:

NICE !!
In my move in the PODS container, my front loader got busted. Took a month back and forth with the company about them paying for the 2 year old washer. I was only looking for 1/2 what I paid, so about $400. They finally paid, I bought a New front loader for that amount and Sears took the old one for free ;)

My happy is my new Doc in a big hospital (but in a building next to it) I E-mail for a yearly PE, didn't have to be the Doc could be a NP is fine, on Thursday afternoon. Friday morning they email with an appt with NP on Tuesday at 9am and a Mammo that morning at 7:45 :)

In my move in the PODS container, my front loader got busted. Took a month back and forth with the company about them paying for the 2 year old washer. I was only looking for 1/2 what I paid, so about $400. They finally paid, I bought a New front loader for that amount and Sears took the old one for free

My "old" washer was only 2 years old also, and also a front loader. I knew I wasn't going to like it when I bought it and got talked into it anyway. Even with double+ the cleaning recommended for front load machines, it still got that musty moldy smell to it and about gagged me every week when I did laundry. (Every other week I would clean that thing on the clean cycle, drain it, then run another load with vinegar in the drum and baking soda in the detergent receptacle - they only recommend that thorough of cleaning every couple months and still it stunk) Finally had enough of that and ordered my top loader on Wednesday and it arrived this morning. I can't wait to start using it. I know - who gets excited about laundry? But I do. I really do. It's the only domestic chore I truly enjoy doing. :)

There must have been something wrong with the machine. If you leave the door open a crack and the dispense thing open a little too you don't get that smell. At least I have not in the 18 years of using them.
I did have a machine that I didn't like where the tub (inside) was slightly tilted toward the back. Not sure if that was the issue or another issue but it never got enough water in it to clean. They came and took it back and I got another front loader. I do think they clean better but then again everyone is different on what they prefer :)
Next one I get I want to make sure it has a Spin Only on it. All my clothes go in one wash, no separating, I have nothing nice that needs it hahaha But a spin only would be good if you have something that got soaked and needed to be spin before washing.

Happy for today is.... well, nothing really, it's Sunday ? lol

There must have been something wrong with the machine.
I don't think so. I mean maybe but I've heard too many people complain about the same thing with the front loaders so it's not unique to me. My deal is, I shouldn't have to do "tricks" to not have it smell, like keep the door and dispenser open. I wouldn't leave me car door open to keep a smell out, for me, same principal.
Either way, I've alleviated the problem and got an awesome machine I know I will like without having to leave the lid open and it will never get that gross musty moldy mildewed aroma to it. :)

I'm glad that there are people out there that love theirs. Life just wouldn't be fun if everyone loved every single thing that everyone else did. :)

I had a diverticulitis attack in the end of September, and since then have been struggling with daily stomach pain. I had a colonoscopy on New Years Eve (what a way to celebrate, right?) that came back with diverticulosis noted as well as 3 benign polyps which my dr removed. I now have a diagnosis of IBS. My happy is that my husband (of nearly 30 years) has done lots of research and came across a low fodmap diet that can help reduce belly pain from IBS as well as help pin point what the culprits are that are playing havoc with your gut. My happiest of happys is that he has offered to take on the grocery shopping as well as all the cooking. He is an excellent cook, too. So last week was the first week of pampering. I am loving this. :) Most of the meals were much easier on my stomach, without lacking flavor.

Janelle

Janelle, I'm so happy you got a diagnosis. My daughter went through the same thing a couple of years ago. That first Christmas, I made as many low fodmap, gluten free dishes as I could and it was one of the first Christmases in her memory that didn't involve belly pain and trips to the bathroom. She still has issues occasionally but is generally doing much, much better. And she's lost about 40 lbs in the process.

One of the big things that surprised both of us was that onions and garlic were the #1 items to remove from the diet (in the elimination phase). She has discovered that her main triggers are gluten, dairy, and red meat (which she can only have in very small servings). The only downside in her journey is that she is recognizing some of her earliest symptoms of food sensitivities in her 10 y.o. son but recognizing it is the first step in dealing with it.

If you're on Pinterest, look up Low Fodmap Diet; you'll come up with a lot of delicious ideas. Good luck with your new dietary lifestyle.

Thank you :)
I was sad about the onions and garlic. Although garlic infused oil is low fodmap, so dh did a bottle of that and has been adding it to dishes. I just started the process, but I suspect dairy and beans; and possibly red meat, will be the cause of my biggest issues. Canned beans vs dry beans makes a difference, too. Canned in small quantities seem not to bother me, but dry, soaked, and cooked make my stomach hurt.
Pinterest is a a treasure trove of ideas and recipes :)

Janelle

Thank you :)
I was sad about the onions and garlic. Although garlic infused oil is low fodmap, so dh did a bottle of that and has been adding it to dishes. I just started the process, but I suspect dairy and beans; and possibly red meat, will be the cause of my biggest issues. Canned beans vs dry beans makes a difference, too. Canned in small quantities seem not to bother me, but dry, soaked, and cooked make my stomach hurt.
Pinterest is a a treasure trove of ideas and recipes :)

Janelle
I made my daughter a jar of onion/garlic oil, too. She certainly appreciated it. She can eat them now, in limited amounts, so take heart. At least you're already recognizing some of your triggers. Do be patient with yourself. You'll slip up occasionally but it does get better from here on.

One thing she found really interesting came up when she was going out for dinner/lunch. Numerous restaurants questioned her gluten and dairy free choices, asking her if it was a dietary choice or a medical reason. Most restaurants were understanding, some went out of their way to be helpful, while others didn't really "get" it. She went home hungry from more than one restaurant because they had nothing on the menu that she could eat. I should add that she usually goes out with a work group, so she's not going by herself or with one other person.

Happy to be back home after three weeks.

We laid my grandma to rest yesterday, after 2wks of caring for her and trying to make her passing as comfortable as possible.

I guess I can also say I'm happy I was able to do that for her on her last days. I was right beside her til the end, talking to her, holding her hand, playing her (and myself) calming music.

We laid my grandma to rest yesterday, after 2wks of caring for her and trying to make her passing as comfortable as possible.

I guess I can also say I'm happy I was able to do that for her on her last days. I was right beside her til the end, talking to her, holding her hand, playing her (and myself) calming music.

So very sorry for your loss. [emoji1317]

Happy that soon I will go back to the work force. This was getting old not working and still procrastinating of getting things done.
But on the brighter side, i got to google and learn a bunch of things I might not have stumbled upon :)

So sorry for your loss, Dawni. It is good that you were able to be with her.

Thanks guys..

But yknow, I am glad she went the way she did. Big blessing that she didn't have to deal with any major sicknesses and hospital apparatuses.

She lived her 93 years to the fullest, and she died in her home, surrounded by loved ones, and for that I am also happy.

Thanks guys..

But yknow, I am glad she went the way she did. Big blessing that she didn't have to deal with any major sicknesses and hospital apparatuses.

She lived her 93 years to the fullest, and she died in her home, surrounded by loved ones, and for that I am also happy.
And isn't that the way it should be? What a blessing for you, Dawni.

Back