Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@amd "pre-cooked heat-and-serve prime rib in the meat case" Mine grocery had that too but with veggies and such. I think it was like $85 and fed 4 people. I almost did it but maybe next year !!

@Lin19687 It was really good, our store does a great job with their deli food! It was nice too because it was sold by slices so I didn't have to worry about slicing it the wrong way, I just had to buy enough slices. It was really affordable. My husband was pretty happy with my purchase when I came home, even more so when he tasted it. I have never tried to cook a prime rib, and I'd be terrified of flubbing it majorly, so it's always going to be worth the money to have someone else do it for me! You definitely need to put it on next year's list.

Don't have time to soap cuz I'm deep into family drama over moving senile and stubborn Mother to Shady Pines.

Whoops...wrong thread. This one should be filed under "Post Your Crappy".

upload_2018-12-26_14-26-53.jpeg

This is my Christmas present. My beautiful Samoyed, Maddie, passed away in November and my husband decided this would be our Christmas gift to one another :) A true joy in life!

View attachment 34555

Sorry to hear about your last dog passing.

But that is one of the most adorable looking dogs iv literally ever seen. I absolutly love dogs my folks have a wire haired patterdale terrier and hes so full of joy and is always so excited to see me. But iv got two little cats who are my absolute world after my niece that is

Sorry to hear about your last dog passing.

But that is one of the most adorable looking dogs iv literally ever seen. I absolutly love dogs my folks have a wire haired patterdale terrier and hes so full of joy and is always so excited to see me. But iv got two little cats who are my absolute world after my niece that is

Thank you Chris, I love dogs as well and it was devastating to lose Maddie. She was a real jewel and I miss her every day. That beautiful baby is 8 weeks old!

Thank you Chris, I love dogs as well and it was devastating to lose Maddie. She was a real jewel and I miss her every day. That beautiful baby is 8 weeks old!

We lost a family dog about 4 years ago now and i still miss him. He got me through so much in my life he was with the family for about 12 years i still remember the day i got told he had to be put down, i was so devistated i went to the gym otherwuse i would of sat home crying. couldnt walk properly the next day because i pushed myself so much in an effort to help me cope not that it worked made me feel a bit better though.

Thats a little photo collarge i did for my house last year thats best picture i can find of the dog. Id be very surprised if you have patterdales over there unless its for ratting. They are a very much a locally bred breed for in the english lake district. Dont even see that many in this country

Attachments

• IMG-20171201-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20171201-WA0000.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 22
We lost a family dog about 4 years ago now and i still miss him. He got me through so much in my life he was with the family for about 12 years i still remember the day i got told he had to be put down, i was so devistated i went to the gym otherwuse i would of sat home crying. couldnt walk properly the next day because i pushed myself so much in an effort to help me cope not that it worked made me feel a bit better though.

Thats a little photo collarge i did for my house last year thats best picture i can find of the dog. Id be very surprised if you have patterdales over there unless its for ratting. They are a very much a locally bred breed for in the
english lake district. Dont even see that many in this country

Wow! What a cutie! Not familiar with the breed. Reminds me of a long- legged schnauzer. Very pretty dog though :)
Cute kitties too!

We have a new Meyer lemon "bush" that's produced a couple dozen fruits so far - they're good enough to eat like an orange - flavorful, tart, but not sour!
Myer lemon are trees not bushes. Unless there is a hybrid I am unfamiliar with. We had had Myer lemon trees since I was young. They are not as sharp with citric as traditional lemons, but I never found them edible as eating out of hand as oranges. I am grew up loving lemons and salt, but they are really really bad for tooth enamel. Ours are also much juicier. It is sad for all of you that would like some when my Mom's tree was loaded and I just could not get out there to pick them and give them away. The tree is up on a bank and not the easiest to get to, so they all fell off. I used to make lemon curd with them and it makes delish lemon curd but decided none of us needed all the butter that makes the curd so good.

I am happy you found some IL you should love them.

This is my Christmas present. My beautiful Samoyed, Maddie, passed away in November and my husband decided this would be our Christmas gift to one another :) A true joy in life!

View attachment 34555

I am in love.. and can't show our daughter, or she will have us shopping for another puppy, lol!! I'm sorry to hear about your other fur baby passing (it's always the hardest part of owning pets).. but so glad that you found someone new to share your days with.. Merry Christmas!

I am in love.. and can't show our daughter, or she will have us shopping for another puppy, lol!! I'm sorry to hear about your other fur baby passing (it's always the hardest part of owning pets).. but so glad that you found someone new to share your days with.. Merry Christmas!

Thank you Loralei. Yes she certainly is a doll! I would love to have a herd of them, lol! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you :)

Daughter followed one of our traditions this year and we had smoked prime rib. Every since she took over cooking Christmas dinner she had barbecued the prime, we always put them in the Weber, but this year she purchased a larger smoker so she put it in the smoker. It was delicious. I was able to take mom to her house for Christmas since my step dad is not here. I felt bad he could not go, since placing him in a facility, but mom enjoyed herself. I gave her her choice if she wanted me to take her to see him or go to Dawn's, we know what won out. She told me she might not live long enough to have another prime rib dinner at Dawn's.

Prime rib chili is on the menu for later in the week :D

Daughter followed one of our traditions this year and we had smoked prime rib. Every since she took over cooking Christmas dinner she had barbecued the prime, we always put them in the Weber, but this year she purchased a larger smoker so she put it in the smoker. It was delicious. I was able to take mom to her house for Christmas since my step dad is not here. I felt bad he could not go, since placing him in a facility, but mom enjoyed herself. I gave her her choice if she wanted me to take her to see him or go to Dawn's, we know what won out. She told me she might not live long enough to have another prime rib dinner at Dawn's.

Prime rib chili is on the menu for later in the week :D

Sounds yummy! Would love to try this, we have a Big Green Egg smoker that we rarely use. Does she do anything special to the prime rib such as basting or seasoning to make it so wonderful?

Sounds yummy! Would love to try this, we have a Big Green Egg smoker that we rarely use. Does she do anything special to the prime rib such as basting or seasoning to make it so wonderful?
When I would do mine I would rub it with a mixture of salt, Herbs de Provence, crushed pink peppercorn, black pepper, crushed garlic enough oil to moisten. I would also poke a lot of garlic cloves into the roast. My daughter does not do as much seasoning as I did, but hers is still good although mine was better ;) don't tell her....

Ooooh, Carolyn, that seasoning mixture sounds lovely! I have only ever used herbs de provence on poultry, I will have to give it a whirl on other meats some time.

ETA: My happy is that I do not have to do Christmas with my sisters this weekend. Three of them have decided to no longer speak to me. (It's a rather long story how we got there, so I'll leave it out.) I am shockingly ok with this as I have had stress from anxiety and depression for every family get together for several years now (anxiety leading up to the event, and then depression following). I don't fit in with my sisters, I'm far too often misunderstood which results in arguments where I am called the "B" word, and my counselor has told me for years that these sisters are toxic to my mental health, and that it's ok for me to separate myself from them. Just so you don't feel completely sorry for me, I have one other sister who is a nice, normal person with a normal life that I actually enjoy spending time - and do spend alot of time with - with who lives in my town and all she said to me this morning was "Finally. I have hated watching you go through that and they are completely blind to what they are doing. I'm always here for you." My relief at having it over is making me ridiculously happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! What a cutie! Not familiar with the breed. Reminds me of a long- legged schnauzer. Very pretty dog though :)
Cute kitties too!

Hes proper handsome isnt he. For the breed he is taller than usual but my goodness does he still have that hunt mentality imprinted into him. Love how he is very protective too and i always get greeted with massive bum wags its so adorable. You dont even really see the breed that often here so yeah cant imagine them being seen that often in america in general. I think obviously not colour wise but he reminds me of tin tins dog snowey and plus of course that is a cartoon. And yes those cats are like best friends to me and have got me through 2 of the worse years of my life :) I like to think they keep me on the good side of sane most the time

Happy I just bought a top loading washer so I can get rid of that awful front loader I had that I KNEW I would hate but got talked into and have regretted it ever since. (so if anyone wants to come pick up a 2 year old front load washing machine for $500 feel free!!) The new one will not be delivered until next Saturday, but that's okay I normally don't do laundry until Sunday anyway. I just finished this weeks.

Also needed a new lint trap that I got on Amazon for $10.

And on top of all that I don't have to go back to work until the 8th. :)

Latest posts

Back