Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My happy is my retro pay hit my bank account today. My bonus is a huge chunk of change (will be paid out after Christmas though) and my raise was a significant amount. I finally can see the light at the end of the tunnel with getting out of debt and being able to afford retirement when it comes. It's such a relief to have that feeling.

Also, only 3 more full working days before I'm on a 3 week vacation with still carrying over 10 paid days off into the new year.
Yes, this job comes with high stress, however, the benefits I have here far outweigh the stress I feel. :)

Does the finacial year end with the calander year in america? our finacial year in uk ends in march or april. so closer to easter than Christmas.

Im happy that i picked up my new to me tv yesterday been doing odd jobs for a family friend and she gave me the tv she had because she had a handmedown coming in the form of a better tv.

I get paid to cover fuel and some to cover costs and for my time and she gave me what she owed me yesterday so i went the supermarket and spent it all on food lol but that fiod will last me prob into the new year now with milk and fresh fruit n veg all thats needed until then. I seriously hate just going in busy shops so im happy i got that done and got it out the way before shops get busy or shut for hols.

Also happy at the idea that ill get to see my little niece over christmas id do literally anything for that kid if it makes her happy

Happy, Got a phone interview for a job I really want on Monday (Animal Hospital :D )
Then today my old Hospital (people) called (I applied again) to set up an interview Monday before the phone interview.

Does the finacial year end with the calander year in america? our finacial year in uk ends in march or april. so closer to easter than Christmas.
Depends on the company. I've worked for some where the fiscal year ended in June, March or November and some where the fiscal year is the same as the calendar year.
The company I'm at now has a fiscal year that is the same as a calendar year.

My retro was paid out the first paycheck in Decemeber (we get paid on the 15th - Friday before if it lands on a weekend or holiday- and the last day of the month - Friday/day before if it lands on a weekend or holiday), my compensation raise will start the first paycheck in January, and the bonus will be paid out the 3rd week of February.

All of which make me happy, along with all my Christmas shopping is done, all my birthday shopping is done (mom, sister and granddaughter all this week) and all holiday plans in place ready to be executed. :)

Finally feel like iv got the energy to go the gym lift my weights AND still got the energy to cook a proper meal rather than a ready meal and then even had the energy to make some soap tonight. Getting to the gym helps me a lot feel happy afterwards and it helps gets most sometimes all the stress out. New med dose feels like it is working its wonders for me less of the unpleasent thoughts going on too which is always good :)

I'm happy & excited because I got my soap swap box today! Thank you Terri! The box is so pretty. I was undecided for most of the day on opening it today or on Christmas. I finally decided that I'm going to open it Christmas morning.
20181222_121454.jpeg

Think im finially getting the hang of this soaping malarkey. Just made one my faverate batches yet. and even though the fo was kinda naughty i carried on no panicing and got it done so excited to unmold and cut this and my batch from yesterday. Needed this success to boost my confidence because last week while testing a few fo i had some poor results so adapted my recipe slightly to try help with naughty fo and trace accelerating next is to try it with a fo i know was naughty in my last recipe before the changes and see if it has helped things of if i should just give up on that fo in soap

I'm happy & excited because I got my soap swap box today! Thank you Terri! The box is so pretty. I was undecided for most of the day on opening it today or on Christmas. I finally decided that I'm going to open it Christmas morning.View attachment 34446

Merry Christmas Dear, I hope you like what's inside ;)

Just been to a local shop to get few last minte bits as ill be cooking for myself only tomorrow because my folks are both ill with a virus that i dont want to catch. So i saw a homeless fella out the front of this shop and as i went past him i asked if he needed any bottles of water he said yes please so i asked if he wanted anything from the shop he said a sandwish please. So i went into the shop to get my bits and him a sandwich. They didnt have any premade sandwiches so got him

2 packs of rolls
pack of sliced chicken
a bag of oranges
half a bag of bannanas
2 mince pies (bought a pack for me and took 2 out for him)
a bottle of flavoured water
2 small crunchie bars

Gave them too him when i got outside. Stayed and had a lovely chat with him asked him if he had tried getting any temp accommodation ect while having a chat with him then got him 4 more bottles of water and 4 little bars of my soaps from my car and took them back to him and said if you ever spot me going in the shop just shout chris have you got any water. Well i did this because i knew he was guenuine and no1 is going to sit in this cold ended up buying more for him than i intended but honestly its made me feel so happy to be ABLE to help him be a bit more comfortable at christmas. Tjats not the only reson i did this Iv been wanting to do something like this for months but i suffer badly with depression and anxiety so its not always possible for me to do this kind of thing. But im soooooooo happy i did and am going to make sure i have some bits to hand out to the less fortunate stashed in my car boot. :)

I'm am so lucky to have a wonderful family who totally understand (and feeds into...) my new soaping addiction!~ I had a soapy Christmas! Hubby got me a wire rack on wheels to hold everything along with a ton of micas and some essential oils. Step-son got me titanium dioxide and some Tussah silk for soaping - something that I have only read about and not yet figured out how to use! I feel so loved!

I got hugs from the 2 kiddos (28 & 17) that is all I need :D
we don't do holidays

lol kiddos, thought that was an english used word

cant wait for my hugs off my little niece tomorrow, she actually leans in when she wants kisses its so so sweet i always get told off for being too loud with her but have been told i connect on the same level as her shes not even 2

My happy: New family tradition. Christmas Eve we decided to skip having dinner with my dad's extended family and just go to church for candlelight service. I happened to run to to the grocery store that morning for milk and buns, when my little eye spied pre-cooked heat-and-serve prime rib in the meat case. And thus a new family tradition has been born. After church, my husband heated up the prime on the grill, and thanks to the delay function on my instant pot, we had baked potatoes ready to go, I just had to set out side veggies and make au jus and we had a lovely meal. Daughter was frustrated with the boys because they all ditched immediately after dinner, so she rounded them all back up for an evening of games. All of the kids voted that we should do this every year. Parents are fully on board.

We started a couple of new traditions this year - first, I got to cook Christmas dinner on the 24th, which leaves the 25th free to just relax, and pick at leftovers, yay!! We don't go crazy on gifts, and this year was just perfect - I got a bunch of bushcrafting items, as did DH, and our daughter got the new bed set she asked for, and she loves it!

Yesterday, we went for a lovely walk around the lake that is 2 mins from where we moved this past Sept. We saw lots of people walking, and even skating on the lake - one person was evendressed in a Santa suit!

We didn't have a white Christmas, but it is snowing this morning in the Cariboo... life here is just so wonderful - just what we needed, after the crazy 2017 we had - lost both parents to cancer 6 weeks apart, and then my hubby's Granny 8 days after my Dad... so grateful that we found the perfect home, and community to live in, and not have to wait to retire...

Back