Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It isn't just you.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/391746/Kelowna-man-surprised-by-tip-added-to-liquor-store-bill
I did add a tip request to one of my transactions but it was not intentional. My friend, however, added a $30 tip. It was appreciated, certainly, but completely unintentional. I let her know that but she didn't want it refunded.
I spent quite a few years working in Food & Beverage and 'tipping' has gotten completely out of hand! Growing up a "tip" was something you gave someone for going above and beyond...NOT for doing their job (and in come cases, doing less). It is NOT the customer's responsibility in any way, shape or form to supplement employee's income.

I spent quite a few years working in Food & Beverage and 'tipping' has gotten completely out of hand! Growing up a "tip" was something you gave someone for going above and beyond...NOT for doing their job (and in come cases, doing less). It is NOT the customer's responsibility in any way, shape or form to supplement employee's income.
I totally agree.

Don't get me started on tipping LOL. I was a waitress at a pizza shop and a bartender for a lot of my early life. I am a good tipper. A REALLY good tipper. I tip the freakin mailman at xmas for pete's sake.

I tip well when I go out to eat. I tip well when I get a delivery of any kind. I give cash a lot because I know its welcomed. If someone else is paying, I make sure that they tipped enough. If not, I throw a few extra dollars on the table before I leave.

But when I go to the cafeteria at work, or at our cafe, and they have a tip jar there.... I just feel like, its your job. Maybe the cafe I might leave a tip.... I don't tip the walgreens cashier for doing their job. I don't tip at walmart. Not the cashier or bagger at the grocery store. Not really sure where the line is. But having been in the field in my past life and knowing that I tip well, it gets really confusing on who to tip.

I always left a tip at dunkin donuts, just found out that they don't accept tips LOL. Talked to a girl, she said the tips just go in the register. Who gets that money then?? And why am I tipping the cashier?

I stopped at a pizza shop and got two slices of pizza. There's a tip jar and i threw a couple bucks in there....then laughed later that I just bought a whole pizza with my tip.

I got an instacart order and of course tipped in-app, like regular 20%. It was xmas time.. I gave the girl a publix gift card that I got from work ($25), and told her Merry Christmas. She says to me that it probably has nothing on it LOL. I'm like no....its $25 give it back if you don't (&&&&&&) want it LOL.

I ordered lunch today from door-dash. I was really patient with the guy. My order included a margarita :) He could not figure out the ID thing. waiting waiting.... All said and done, I gave him a scratch off lottery ticket that I already scratched off... $10 winner. Mind you I also tipped him in app for $8.50. Hes like OK, you already scratched it off. "yes, its worth $10",,,,gee thanks lady. Tips aren't even appreciated anymore, Or they always want more. Sorry for all the servers here, I have been there. But its just ridiculous. Even when you tip well.

@Catscankim here's a breath of fresh air about tipping!
There's a little Asian restaurant about 2 blocks from my house that we get take-out from often. We've seen 3 generations of the family running this place and have experienced very broken English to heavily accented English to very fluent English in the grandchildren. The grandchildren are around ages 7 to 10 and they are usually the ones running the register. They crack me up because they have no filter.
Like today: I placed an order for take-out and came into the restaurant passing a customer leaving with their order of food. The owner came out with my food and her daughter (one of the grandchildren) rang it up and gave me my CC receipt to sign. I always add a 20% tip because I appreciate the fact that they provide authentic tasty food at a reasonable price. This little girl said "OOhhhh Mama! This lady gave us a tip!! And it's like for $6! Can we go to McDonald's?? It makes up for that last lady being mean and trying to steal food from us."

@cerelife I love all of that story except the part about MacD’s. Who would ever want to go there when the best food is right under your nose? It’s quite a testament to the power of marketing + food additives that light up your brain like cocaine.
Nah, it's a testament to not wanting to eat the same food every day of your life. She probably just wanted something different.

Don't get me started on tipping LOL. I was a waitress at a pizza shop and a bartender for a lot of my early life. I am a good tipper. A REALLY good tipper. I tip the freakin mailman at xmas for pete's sake.

I tip well when I go out to eat. I tip well when I get a delivery of any kind. I give cash a lot because I know its welcomed. If someone else is paying, I make sure that they tipped enough. If not, I throw a few extra dollars on the table before I leave.

But when I go to the cafeteria at work, or at our cafe, and they have a tip jar there.... I just feel like, its your job. Maybe the cafe I might leave a tip.... I don't tip the walgreens cashier for doing their job. I don't tip at walmart. Not the cashier or bagger at the grocery store. Not really sure where the line is. But having been in the field in my past life and knowing that I tip well, it gets really confusing on who to tip.
I'm confused...you'll tip the mailman, but not the cafeteria worker for doing their job. Isn't the mailman also doing their job?

I remember the big deal made on tipping on 'take out' during the shut down (speaking US here) and I'm like...how stupid is this because 'take-out' is less work and less expensive than 'dine in'. Sure you have to pay for containers and sacks, but you no longer have tons of dishes to wash (money), loss from breakage (money), payroll and taxes on staff (money), janitorial costs (money), less utilities (money). I had a few clients try to whine to me about it and I was like..."Guys, did you forget I do your books?"

I used to use DoorDash and GrubHub, but the greed got to me. And not just the greed of the company with their Service Fee and Regulatory Response Fee on top of the Delivery Fee, but greed of the drivers along with their idiocy. My instructions were simple and clear...go to the end of the hallway, left up the stairs, office on the left. Found out that most drivers didn't bother reading anything but the address...which explained all the pissed off people in our building when the drivers would wander around the building into their offices. And if you didn't tip 25% or more of the bill (which included the fees)...good luck getting your food in a timely fashion.

Hubby and I used to go out two to three time a times a week to eat out because of my commute and his disability which can make it difficult to prepare meals. It's now mid-October and I can count on one hand how many times we have actually been IN a restaurant and two of those times was during my knitting retreat. Even prior to Covid, service was declining...wait staff would often act like they were doing you a favor and then expect you to leave them a tip for barely doing the minimum (taking your order and delivering it). Good luck trying to get a refill or salt or a sharp knife. And honestly, take-out isn't any better. I'm getting to the point of why bother to order...just drive up and ask them to put anything in a bag since that is apparently what they do.

With that said...I do have one take-out place that I tip and tip generously because the gal goes above and beyond. One day they were exceptionally busy and it was going to be a 30-minute wait and so I went back out to my car and set my time for 25 minutes. Twenty minutes later, the gal came out to my car with my order...she had put a rush on it 'cuz she knew how busy I was and hand-delivered it. Who does stuff like that anymore?

Who would ever want to go there when the best food is right under your nose?
I used to run the banquet bar for an exclusive golf club in Chicago and we'd get the same meal that was served...99 out of a 100 it would be Prime Rib. Now it was great Prime Rib and I love Prime Rib...but not every Friday and Saturday night and sometimes on Sunday. I remember one time going to the Chef and begging him for a Cheeseburger and Fries. I used to bartend at an Irish Pub/Restaurant...they were famous for their sausage pizza as they made the sausage in house...it was good pizza. We could have all the free pizza we wanted, but working 5 nights a week I got to really dislike pizza and it was tough on then hubby because he'd want to go out for pizza.

I used to run the banquet bar for an exclusive golf club in Chicago and we'd get the same meal that was served...99 out of a 100 it would be Prime Rib. Now it was great Prime Rib and I love Prime Rib...but not every Friday and Saturday night and sometimes on Sunday. I remember one time going to the Chef and begging him for a Cheeseburger and Fries. I used to bartend at an Irish Pub/Restaurant...they were famous for their sausage pizza as they made the sausage in house...it was good pizza. We could have all the free pizza we wanted, but working 5 nights a week I got to really dislike pizza and it was tough on then hubby because he'd want to go out for pizza.
Good point. And I could understand wanting a good burger from a real burger joint, but the contrast between authentic Thai food and McD’s was too great for me. Their food makes me absolutely sick, as in, can’t keep it down sick.

I'm confused...you'll tip the mailman, but not the cafeteria worker for doing their job. Isn't the mailman also doing their job?
Rereading that...I'm confused too. I dunno. I used to know how to tip, now I think it is out of control

Speaking of which, I had an instacart delivery today for groceries. Paid the extra for "fast delivery"

Never came, never came. Then I got a msg that my order was left on the front porch. I don't have a front porch lol. I looked at the picture, its not my house. Scoped out the neighborhood...no orders laying around. So I go in app...said nicely that the guy musta left it at the wrong residence.

It was only a few minutes ago, can you send him to locate the order? She sends me a msg that he isn't answering her phone call. Ok, so refund my money I guess....

I opened a new ticket:

I started getting a series of msgs from this guy that he left my order. I text back that it must be at the wrong house. Its ok, I got a refund....

Oh my gosh, so I get 6 msg sending me a link to rate my order. I send him a msg back, I did not get my order and the picture that you just sent me is NOT my house and NOT my order. I stopped texting him back, but it went on for a freakin hour.

I was actually on the phone with a girl from instacart customer service during this. She tells me to go to the app and take back my tip. so I did.

I get a msg from him almost instantly "I DROPPED OFF YOUR ORDER ON THE PORCH"

Hopefully they will not be using his services anymore. She said that he will not be delivering to me anymore. I dunno if that means he got fired or he just cannot deliver to me anymore. Obviously he has my address, even though he couldn't seem to find it the first time, i feel like he is such a hot head...

I even said to the girl...I hate to screw with ppls livelihood.....he probably just left it at the wrong house. But then the msgs got scary. Not scary words, just messages over and over. I even said to her, maybe its like auto-messages. she said its not.

I used to know how to tip, now I think it is out of control
Completely. I never worked for tips...I worked for wages; tips were extra.

Basing a 'tip' on the cost of the meal is so stupid when you consider that the level of service is the same whether you order a burger, fries and a soda vs if you order a stead, baked potato and a cocktail. All things be equal...shouldn't the wait person at Denny's make the same money as the wait person at Chez Roget?

Just to clarify: I don't usually tip 20% for take-out. But we love this place and want them to stay in business! The (unintended) upside of this is that they know our preferences - spicy, with all the fish sauce (don't Americanize it for us!) - and they always give us huge portions. Like one entree is enough for 2 meals.
As for the little girl wanting Mickey D's...I get it. Growing up in an Italian family, canned pasta like Chef Boyardee or Spaghettios were "proibito", so guess what I always wanted when my friends' mom's asked what we wanted for supper during sleep-overs?!

I’m Australian, we don’t necessarily tip here, that is, it’s not expected of us. However, most people will leave a reasonable tip when they receive good service and food. I’ve only been to Hawaii, not mainland US. Our restaurants etc usually have good service, however, a lot of our retail outlets have pretty appalling service. One thing I did notice in Hawaii was the outstanding service everywhere we went. I was told they get paid by commissions, is that true? Our wages seem to be higher here and people generally don’t get commissions. I have to wonder if that’s why the service here can be very poor at times. Don’t get me wrong, not all shops have crappy service, but it’s not unusual to stand around waiting for someone to help you. They seem to have time to be chatting with colleagues and on their phones.

Hello My order from Soapers Choice arrived yesterday. The box was damaged. It looked like the UPS delivery person dropped it from some height, it broke and the 7# plastic bottle of coconut oil, fell out onto the concrete, getting "skid marks" on one side and on the bottom. The bottom of the box mysteriously had a clean cut along the tape line to open the flaps. One flap was torn in half.

The contents, four 7# plastic bottles of oils and one 8# box of PKO flakes, were intact, -- 42 pounds shipping weight. The cap to the coconut oil was off the bottle. The seal was intact, but we discovered a small oil stain inside the box, about half way up one side. The rim of the bottle was oily so some oil must have escaped. I confirmed that by taring an empty bottle on my scale in order to weigh the contents. It weighed 6 lbs, 15.2 oz.

It was baffling how UPS could deliver a box that was totally open on the bottom?!

It's a good thing we have a habit of opening the top while the box is on the porch and carrying the heavy bottles inside, one by one. It was only then that we discovered the damaged bottom -- when we picked it up, all four flaps fell open! :eek: I shudder to think if my dear hubby had tried to pick up that box, the contents fell out, and landed on his legs and feet!

We spent most of the morning trying to figure out what might have happened and the afternoon, writing an email to report the incident to Soapers Choice.

What upsets me is that I had to spend a good part of a beautiful Sunday dealing with someone else's negligence! I had other plans. :mad:

My order from Soapers Choice arrived yesterday. The box was damaged. It looked like the UPS delivery person dropped it from some height, it broke and the 7# plastic bottle of coconut oil, fell out onto the concrete, getting "skid marks" on one side and on the bottom. The bottom of the box mysteriously had a clean cut along the tape line to open the flaps. One flap was torn in half.

The contents, four 7# plastic bottles of oils and one 8# box of PKO flakes, were intact, -- 42 pounds shipping weight. The cap to the coconut oil was off the bottle. The seal was intact, but we discovered a small oil stain inside the box, about half way up one side. The rim of the bottle was oily so some oil must have escaped. I confirmed that by taring an empty bottle on my scale in order to weigh the contents. It weighed 6 lbs, 15.2 oz.

It was baffling how UPS could deliver a box that was totally open on the bottom?!

It's a good thing we have a habit of opening the top while the box is on the porch and carrying the heavy bottles inside, one by one. It was only then that we discovered the damaged bottom -- when we picked it up, all four flaps fell open! :eek: I shudder to think if my dear hubby had tried to pick up that box, the contents fell out, and landed on his legs and feet!

We spent most of the morning trying to figure out what might have happened and the afternoon, writing an email to report the incident to Soapers Choice.

What upsets me is that I had to spend a good part of a beautiful Sunday dealing with someone else's negligence! I had other plans. :mad:
Every time I order form wholesale supply plus my essential oils cans are ALWAYS dented my wooden soap mold arrived with dents in it there is NEVER any bubble wrap in the box. I called them to replace my dented cans and the acted as though they did not understand my issue. Ipaod well over $100 for the items and all they could say she they have to check with the department that does the shipping. Well I recieved one empty metal can and YES....... IT WAS DENTED TOO. Granted I like (will not say love) I like their products but when I open the box of a new pro it needs to actually look new yes? I alway to everything I can when sending a customer or anyone a package that it is properly well packaged so they are pleased with me. Tip to all reading this, always always always save all bubble wrap and and packing paper and the peanuts ( peanuts are the Styrofoam peanut look things that come in packages) save them to repackage your items you are shipping our so as to save money on these items. Saving them, It helps to send your packages out looking professionally.

Last edited:
I am a great ripper for great service! I tip the cook / Chef if it’s really good! I, also tip the Grocery Clerk & Bagger. They work hard and rarely tipped! I even tip when God puts it on my heart to do so when the service is not so great. Sometimes ppl are going thru things that may distract them or is weighing heavy on their heart! I always ask how is their day! It can lead to a conversation to release their frustration or vent about what’s bothering them. A nice size tip can change a person’s whole day. They could be worried if they’ve got gas to get home or lunch money for their kids. I gave a Waitress a $60 tip and she broke down and cried because she’d been praying to make $60 to purchase her son’s prescriptions but had made only $3 prior to serving me near the end of her shift. Tipping should be voluntary but when the service is good, a nice tip should be forthcoming! It’s A Blessing to Bless others! Blessings!

I’m Australian, we don’t necessarily tip here, that is, it’s not expected of us. However, most people will leave a reasonable tip when they receive good service and food. I’ve only been to Hawaii, not mainland US. Our restaurants etc usually have good service, however, a lot of our retail outlets have pretty appalling service. One thing I did notice in Hawaii was the outstanding service everywhere we went. I was told they get paid by commissions, is that true? Our wages seem to be higher here and people generally don’t get commissions. I have to wonder if that’s why the service here can be very poor at times. Don’t get me wrong, not all shops have crappy service, but it’s not unusual to stand around waiting for someone to help you. They seem to have time to be chatting with colleagues and on their phones.
Unfortunately, it has become very expected. And it doesn't matter if the food and service is horrible, you are expected to tip 20%.

I'll say it again, I don't mind tipping when the service is above and beyond, but I'm not going to tip someone for just doing their job or doing less than. It is NOT my responsibility as the consumer to supplement your income. If your wages are insufficient, then get a different job...it really is that simple. If you are good at your job, you can negotiate a higher wage and if not, there are always other companies that will. And there is just way too much information available on the Internet that is totally free for folks to improve their knowledge and skills. Yeah, you work full-time and/or you commute and/or you have kids and/or you're a single parent and yadda yadda yadda. Where there is a will, there is a way. Instead of focusing on what you CAN'T do, focus on what you CAN.

This is more of a WT* I’m going to have to seriously hurt someone.

One of our accountants went completely AWOL this past week. Young gal mid-20s, married two years, husband make bookoo bucks for a major company, his folks live with them. Hubby likes the money she makes, but at the same time doesn’t want her to work. His parent also think she should stay home. No children (thank God).

So anyhoo…she’s not answering her work cell or her personal cell. Boss talked to her husband who said she was sick and under sedation. I finally get a response…she’s in Ohio attending a funeral and would send a formal email later. Didn’t sound like her at all. One of our co-workers even went to her house…she picks her up in the mornings…and nothing.

So we are all the the office this morning discussing what to do. I suggest calling the police and requesting a welfare check. Boss is hesitant because the husband could lose his job over something like that and might cause more problems. And I’m like…”What do you mean more problems?” because I’m getting a really ,REALLY bad feeling. That’s when I found out that her husband had hit her previously. I’m a survivor of domestic violence so you probably can imagine my reaction: .357 and a backhoe and I can supply both!

It was about this time the boss and the office manager are looking over her desk and they find her work cell phone, work laptop and office key/fob under some files. Boss asked me if they were here on Friday, because I was the last to leave and that that space had been clear at that time because I was standing by her desk emptying ice trays. So a decision is made to disable her access for now and if we don’t hear anything by Wednesday, I get to call the police. It’s a tough situation because this is a different culture and stuff like this is handled differently.

Not long after…my co-worker gets a call from the gal. She is safe. The last several days have been very chaotic after she and her husband had a strong disagreement over her hours (it was the end of tax season, everyone works overtime), she is staying with a friend and will be flying home to her parents. She is sorry for the short notice, but she is resigning. She brought all her equipment back and it’s under some files on her desk. She forgot the charger and her friend will drop it off later. End of call.

Boss doesn’t understand why she didn’t come to any of us for help. That he would have gotten a group of elders together and would have spoken to the husband and protected her. That she could have called 911, that she could have…….. Boss, you don’t understand, you’re not a woman. She let her guard down once to you, but then to admit that it had happened again…no. And **** me, I started crying because it brought up a lot of bad memories from over 20 years ago.

I told my co-worker to text her back and we’ll hold her check. When she gets home and settled in as much as possible under the circumstances and is ready, we’ll get her final wages. And knowing the boss, he’ll have me pay her an entire months wages and a bonus of some kind.

I know this is kind of a downer, but I had to tell it because my heart breaks for this young woman, to experience such ugliness and pain and in a country not your own, but had hoped to make your own.

Time management is not a skill that I possess. So I took the plunge and hired a house cleaning service. No, I am not rich, nor do I know if I can keep up the service for long, but I really needed a restart on my house. I just need a deep clean and a mental reset, so I took off this week. I figured, instead of going on a vacation, I am going to hire someone to deep clean the house and I can go from there...maybe finish a project or two that I started.

I bought extra services for my first cleaning. Like EVERYTHING, except laundry cause well...weird LOL. Weird for me anyway. Ceiling fans, baseboards, cabinets and refig cleaning and organizing, and disposing of expired items. Also inside of the stove and cabinets.

Normal services include the inside of the microwave, bathrooms, floors and outside of the cabinets, and all the normal stuff to clean your house, even doing dishes, which I don't think I would ever leave dishes. I can do that, just clean the house for me LOL.

So I have an 11am appointment. I get a text message that my cleaner checked in at 9am. Right now I am busy, cleaning before the cleaner gets here LOL. So I kinda panicked. 9:44, the door bell rings. I normally don't answer the door if I am not expecting anybody, but these two cute little kids were standing there too, so I opened the door. Cleaning girl was like HI! I am from (a different company than I hired), but she matched the picture, so I was ok, figuring she probably works for several companies.

Then she's like, "sorry, I am a little early"....Like an hour and 15 minutes early. I didn't know what to think of the kids...weird, but I thought maybe they were getting picked up from here. I dunno. I probably shoulda just stopped it there.... But I was a single young mom once, so I gave it a pass.

"Hey there! Are you mommy's helpers?" Part of me didn't really care, I kinda figured that she had a plan for them. They were like 7-8 y/o. I might say in the end, perfectly well-behaved.

I didn't want to hover, so I put computer, ipad and phone in the spare bedroom and set up myself in there. I walked out to get a drink, and the cleaning girl is on her cell phone/speakerphone with baby daddy arguing with him. OK, been there, done that with ex not picking up the kid when I had to work. Gave THAT a pass.....

The minute I thought to myself that I was shutting this down, she got off the phone and started going to town cleaning. Ok, so I bought 8 hours of cleaning service, she was incredibly early and a little awkward in the beginning, so hopefully she is also out of here early....plus the kids.

I go out and set the kids up with Disney+ on the tv. Go back in the bedroom and I guess she answered the phone again cause I hear "girrrrrllll, listen to this ****". So more baby momma drama. Talking on the phone with one hand and cleaning with the other.

1pm she goes to leave (she's hired until 7pm). By this time I am over the "been there done that single mom sympathy". So as she is walking out the door and the kids are already in the car...finding my newly acquired customer service voice from work, I'm like, "so, its ok, I get it, but do I get a refund for the stuff you couldn't do?"

She gets the girls back out of the car...THEY cleaned my lanai, which shows LOL. She cleans the refrig, sort of. Never touched the oven or microwave, and the floors look like crap. She quickly rearranged my cabinets. However she did a fantastic job on the baseboards while she was arguing with her boyfriend LOL.

SINCE she also did not check out on her app until 7pm (her scheduled time), I had plenty of time to go into the app to remove services and time from my cleaning bill. You don't pay until they are done, and since she didn't "check out" until 7......

I stand at $26.00 now.

Btw, you can smell Fabuloso a mile away cause she was literally dumping it all over the floor at one point when I walked out to go pee. My floors are super sticky. I love Fabuloso, but the smell is really overpowering in my house right now.

My feet still feel gritty as I walk around the house with tiled floors. I guess I will deep clean them tomorrow (I have a machine). So I really do not feel bad for the $26 that I knocked it down to.

edit: and I got finished this message and took off my glasses to stretch and just realized that none of the ceiling fans were touched either

Last edited:
That's terrible! I am so glad you got to cancel the services that weren't done. Hopefully you can find someone better than that to come in maybe once a month so you at least have one day when your entire house is clean.

Well, I went ahead and filed a complaint. They gave me my next service for free. I wasn't looking for that nor did I expect it at all...but happy about it.

While I am on the gripe board, I guess I can throw one in here LOL

I hired this man-child right out of school. I can't figure this kid out. He is super freaking smart, but dumb as a rock sometimes LOL. Literally graduated high school when he was 14, but then waited until he was in his twenties to go to.....xray school???? He just graduated, and we hired him in CT.

He has this weird arrogance about him, like he knows he is super smart...but in my head like "so smart that you go to school for a job that pays like 25k out the door". I am pretty smart too...went to private schools all my life. I'm not bragging by any means. Me going to xray school was out of necessity when I was a single mom...while also working 3 jobs to put me through school AND send my kid through private school.

This kid has been sedentary for years after he graduated H.S. at 14. Then goes to school for a job that does not start out paying that much. Somebody this book smart should have gone right into pre-med (when he was old enough). He probably coulda gotten all of his pre-requisites done (we have some sort of dual H.S/college programs).

He is also privileged...Asian kid who lives with his grandparents who have money. But also a hard worker.

So he calls me, and calls me. I don't know if its ADHD?? I'm not joking or poking fun. Every time something is on his mind, he freakin calls me at all hours of the morning or night. Finally his former classmate that I also hired, said something to him because he was like "I need to call Kim". She said that she told him that he didn't need to call me for every single thing.

Now last week I was on vacation...stay-cation. So the children knew I was home. I was all over the place trying to make sure that people weren't scheduled to be driving while the hurricane was hitting. I don't mind doing stuff from home, I just really want to make sure my department is good...everything is covered and everybody is safe.

Two days AFTER, this knucklehead calls me in the middle of the night worried about overtime. I see the call coming from the hospital, waking me out of a dead sleep, thinking something is going on really bad for somebody to call me IN.THE.MIDDLE.OF.THE.NIGHT. I am in no way obliged to answer the phone, but I'm up and not going to bother my next in line....

He says "hey its pretty busy here. I want to make sure that if I stay to help out, that I get overtime for it".

So now I am up, stomping around the house looking for the schedule. Finally a moment of clarity comes about me...IF YOU WORK YOU WILL GET PAID FOR IT, I CAN'T TAKE TIME AWAY FROM YOU. He is like "well robert is here, he said he can stay. I gotta be back in the morning".

Dude, there you have it. Do you guys need me to come in? Did a bus crash? Is there an MCI? "No". OK, Good night.....

So I called my lead tech in the morning and asked him to have man-to-man talk with this kid because maybe he can explain it nicely to him... So the kids response... "that's what she gets paid for" and made a joke out of it. So my lead is like..."she is on vacation, don't bother her while she is on vacation" "Well, she took the job, she needs to answer my call".

Wednesday when I see him again, he is going to get his feelings hurt.

edit: One time he called me at 5am to tell me that his paycheck was wrong. I tell him I have nothing to do with his paycheck, just the hours that I put in for him. "you need to call payroll and they probably aren't there until 9, did you get your hours and they paid you wrong?" "yes", "ok call payroll". "But I want a check cut out for my missing pay"..."call payroll, I can't do that for you".

Five in the morning. What does he think is going to be accomplished at 5am?

Then an hour later texts me to say he is sorry for bothering me so early....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back