Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you signed up to be notified when they come in? That’s the only way I was able to snag my cutter from them. They sell out within hours - if not minutes- after posting the in-stock notice.

Yes. I also check twice a day. I'm just really impatient right now because with Christmas, I figured I would only be about to purchase one mold in December and another mold in January, but with my BIL making the boxes for me, I can purchase two Liners in December and two in January.

Yes. I also check twice a day. I'm just really impatient right now because with Christmas, I figured I would only be about to purchase one mold in December and another mold in January, but with my BIL making the boxes for me, I can purchase two Liners in December and two in January.
I’d email the owner and see if she can give you an update. She’s so responsive and helpful.

Turned in my rental car at DFW airport on Saturday morning. The company employee walked all the way around the vehicle, looking closely at it. She mentioned nothing about damages, and sent me on my merry way. This was my first time renting with Sixt, and overall, it was a mostly good experience (except they didn't give me the mid-sized sedan for which I had prepaid, and I had to take a smaller one or otherwise be stuck with a 7 passenger van. No credit was given for the smaller vehicle, either).

Today I received an email that they found a big scratch on the driver's side door, and they have opened a damage claim against me. Using their response form, I noted all of the above and said that I would vigorously contest liability for scratches now being reported after their employee didn't say anything to me when the car was turned in. 😡
An update... I called them today. Waited a long time on hold, but the employee finally came on the line. She put me back on hold for awhile, but eventually came back said that they had my response, and since it was a small amount of damage, they were closing the claim and would not pursue damages against me.

I'm very thankful that they did the right thing, and I don't have to hassle with them any further. I did update my online review to reflect this. Whether I rent from them again probably depends on whether Hertz is out of cars. They are my go-to company, not just because I can bypass the line at the counter, but because they rarely have these kinds of issues.

Anyway, thanks for those of you who commiserated with me. It's good to have closure.

My current Gripe: Nurture Soap is still 'out of stock' of their 5lb Loaf Liners.

It's taken me over two years to reach the point where I feel that I am ready to sell to the public. I still have some details to work out when it comes to labeling, but in the meantime I need to build up some inventory and a couple of 10" Loaf Molds weren't going to cut it...especially since I pretty much only make soap on the weekend between my FT job and commute. After careful consideration, I decided to start with a single 5lb Basic Mold and then would purchase additional molds (up to six) over the next several months (I have a budget that I need to work within).

So I go over to my sister's house with my new mold and my BIL mentions that he can make the boxes for a fraction of the price. And he did...the next day he brought over six boxes...cost me $20 for materials and six pies (my BIL love pie...any kind of pie). So now all I need are liners...and they are out of stock. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 😭😭😭😭😭
Freezer paper until they good ones are in stock?

My husband is so stubborn (and I love him...but I am so frustrated with him right now)! I got my van stuck in the mud. I misjudged how solid the ground was. I unfortunately do this often (I'm overconfident because I used to drive a Jeep). Anyway, we have free towing service but he doesn't want to call them over such a minor thing. Well, we pushed for like an hour and couldn't get it out. I told him to just call in the tow. He gets the idea to tow the car with his truck, which would have been fine, but he decides to connect the car to his truck by putting a rope through the sliding doors (I was in the house taking care of the kids while this happened, but I'm not sure he would have listened anyway if I would have advised him otherwise). So now the car's stuck in the mud, we still have to call in the tow, and the back driver's side window is broken. Did I mention it was a new car?

My Gripe: someone hacked into my bank account & added themselves as a recipient to send money! Thankfully, they didn't send themselves any money because I caught it before that could happen. But it just shows me how important it is to read those alerts that come from my bank! I think I need to put a special ring tone for texts from financial institutions because they are all the same. I have a special ring tone for Hubby's texts, so I can always differentiate his from everyone else's.

Anyway, it's shocking that someone was able to log into my online banking and set this up so (what seems to me) easily, and what a huge hassle it is to have to change username and passwords again and again with so many different companies (I hate having to come up with new passwords!)

I am considering adding an RSA SecurID® device to the mix for online banking. I had a bf long ago, who worked for a high tech company that required the use of one every time he signed in remotely (from home, etc). No one could hack into his account without his personal Remote Security code generator device (provided by the company.)

It just occurred to me that I should double check that all the regular online payments are still going to the correct recipients. I mean to make sure nothing else was changed, as for all I know, they could have been. But I am pretty sure I get notified if I alter payee information; after all I got that notification. But to be on the safe side, I will double check every one of them.

Turned in my rental car at DFW airport on Saturday morning. The company employee walked all the way around the vehicle, looking closely at it. She mentioned nothing about damages, and sent me on my merry way. This was my first time renting with Sixt, and overall, it was a mostly good experience (except they didn't give me the mid-sized sedan for which I had prepaid, and I had to take a smaller one or otherwise be stuck with a 7 passenger van. No credit was given for the smaller vehicle, either).

Today I received an email that they found a big scratch on the driver's side door, and they have opened a damage claim against me. Using their response form, I noted all of the above and said that I would vigorously contest liability for scratches now being reported after their employee didn't say anything to me when the car was turned in. 😡
What a ripoff company' I'm glad they decided to drop the case against you' especially after using the A_____ Word. 🤣👍🏼💫. Did you purchase the extra insurance w/ your rental?. Go's to show when renting a car' take pictures before dropping it off. We cant be careful enough.

My Gripe: someone hacked into my bank account & added themselves as a recipient to send money! Thankfully, they didn't send themselves any money because I caught it before that could happen. But it just shows me how important it is to read those alerts that come from my bank! I think I need to put a special ring tone for texts from financial institutions because they are all the same. I have a special ring tone for Hubby's texts, so I can always differentiate his from everyone else's.

Anyway, it's shocking that someone was able to log into my online banking and set this up so (what seems to me) easily, and what a huge hassle it is to have to change username and passwords again and again with so many different companies (I hate having to come up with new passwords!)

I am considering adding an RSA SecurID® device to the mix for online banking. I had a bf long ago, who worked for a high tech company that required the use of one every time he signed in remotely (from home, etc). No one could hack into his account without his personal Remote Security code generator device (provided by the company.)

It just occurred to me that I should double check that all the regular online payments are still going to the correct recipients. I mean to make sure nothing else was changed, as for all I know, they could have been. But I am pretty sure I get notified if I alter payee information; after all I got that notification. But to be on the safe side, I will double check every one of them.
Wow' that is most scary' your lucky you caught it as fast as you did. Cyber hacking is a big problem thats only going to get worse.

So… I have placed many orders with Nurture, and generally speaking I like them. But. I bought a “basic” tall and skinny mold, which arrived today. The specs on their website list it as being 2.2” wide, which is a little narrower than I like, but workable. But, the Interior dimension was only 2” wide. Technically, 2 1/32. I called to ask about returning, and specifically if they would charge me for shipping since I had free shipping to get it, but will be paying $15 to send it back to them. (Their return policy is to charge for shipping if an item is returned.) The rep I spoke to said that I would be charged for shipping, and I started to argue. She said that she wouldn’t be the one to decide. Not clear and not helpful. I’m sending it back tomorrow, but I’m irritated about the whole thing, it makes me not want to buy from them. 🙁
62294EF7-6CBC-48FF-8B81-CE41C1450C94.jpeg

Last edited:
So… I have placed many orders with Nurture, and generally speaking I like them. But. I bought a “basic” tall and skinny mold, which arrived today. The specs on their website list it as being 2.2” wide, which is a little narrower than I like, but workable. But, the Interior dimension was only 2” wide. Technically, 2 1/32. I called to ask about returning, and specifically if they would charge me for shipping since I had free shipping to get it, but will be paying $15 to send it back to them. (Their return policy is to charge for shipping if an item is returned.) The rep I spoke to said that I would be charged for shipping, and I started to argue. She said that she wouldn’t be the one to decide. Not clear and not helpful. I’m sending it back tomorrow, but I’m irritated about the whole thing, it makes me not want to buy from them. 🙁
View attachment 62946
I notice some space on the left there...I wonder if filled, would the weight would cause the liner to expand to the right size?

This Is Kinda A Gripe & Funny Too:
Hubs & I had gone shopping for our Christmas Tree' as where trying to decide & agree on which Christmas tree & bickering back and fourth on which tree we each like & acting like two children neither of us agreeing on a tree' I walk up to a previous tree that I liked & said to hubby " I think this one is a good tree' don't you?" Suddenly "Siri Chimed In Saying I Agree". We both begin to laugh' as I got validation' bawhahaha 🤣😂🎄. So that was our deciding factor & chose that tree. Thx Siri 🎄🥳📱.

On the flip side of our Christmas Tree Shopping, " Siri is always monitoring us" even though we aren't aware! & is a infringement on our privacy? hmmm I'd say most definitely.

Last edited:

Wow, this kind of thing is so scary. My Dad had a similar issue where someone was directly charging his account. Since he has advanced macular degeneration, I write most of his checks and help him reconcile his bank account. This past month I noticed some unusual charges. Long story short, we had to close his account and open a new one - he has a lot of automatic deposits and withdrawals - so all of those institutions had to be notified. What a pain.

If anything can be learned from this - it's to check all your bank and credit card statements carefully. There is so much fraud and theft.

Wow, this kind of thing is so scary. My Dad had a similar issue where someone was directly charging his account. Since he has advanced macular degeneration, I write most of his checks and help him reconcile his bank account. This past month I noticed some unusual charges. Long story short, we had to close his account and open a new one - he has a lot of automatic deposits and withdrawals - so all of those institutions had to be notified. What a pain.

If anything can be learned from this - it's to check all your bank and credit card statements carefully. There is so much fraud and theft.
Also I'd like to add if you see " a Fee Charge" that catches your attention' look into it. I had a couple " Fee Charges" come to find out it was fraudulent w/ draws!? i was refunded luckily but its such a Pain in the ** to change c/c & passcodes.

Another gripe: My husband changed the password on my mobile phone account & I can't get in to pay the bill & am now locked out for 24 hours. I even phoned them to try and get it unlocked, but because I tried too many times to reset my password, unsuccessfully (while on the phone with them, yet!) the lock-out is rigid. I sent him an angry text , which he probably won't get because his old phone isn't behaving correctly, and the new one isn't activated yet.

Earlene
I Don't know who you are dealing with but I hate dealing with at&t cause it takes hours for simple stuff if you get to the right person eventually. I also hate all companies that try force me to have some computer answer all my questions asking me to push buttons to ask those questions.
Cheers
gww

Earlene
I Don't know who you are dealing with but I hate dealing with at&t cause it takes hours for simple stuff if you get to the right person eventually. I also hate all companies that try force me to have some computer answer all my questions asking me to push buttons to ask those questions.
Cheers
gww
I just keep answering “REPRESENTATIVE” - sometimes it works.

Zany
Even with what you posted being mostly true, it is still a bug to have to sit and let it ask for a couple of minutes so that it can then put you on hold for another 10 waiting for the next available representative who then tells you she is the wrong department but will transfer you to the proper person and then you get disconnected only to get to repeat the whole process again.
Long sentence huh?
Cheers
gww

Yes, those automated answering mechanisms are all too common AND they all take way too long! And then when I finally get to talk to a human, and tell them my name & the problem they ask me at least once or twice for my name again because I think they are following a script and cannot take information out of order of their script. And when I ask them to tell me their name, and often to spell it for me because they don't speak clearly enough for me to understand their name, it seems to throw them off and sometimes even confuses them. I take written notes while on the phone with people and often when I later have to talk to the company again, they ask me who I talked to, so writing down the names of these people has become a habit. Besides, if I can tell them their name, there is no reason I should not know their names.

My gripe:

So since the beginning of time in the world of emergency room doctors, they order stuff, then 10 minutes after you scan the patient, you get more orders. I've had doctors in the past that I would literally wait until I was sure they were done putting in all of their orders. It is frustrating...You get an order for a head ct and then as an afterthought they put in a knee ct. It's one thing if the report came back and they saw something. But for example, I got an order for a scan...I did it and took the patient back only to find another order printing as I walked back into the department from taking the patient back to the er. I did THAT, and repeat FOUR TIMES. I finally walked into said airhead doctor "are you done before I drag this patient over on to the table for the fourth time?" And we have key offenders (certain doctors). The problem is that they are being desk jockeys and ordering things before they actually see their patients.

Believe it or not, that's not my gripe LOL

So my coworkers said something to our supervisor about it and they are literally ready to quit over it. It is like every patient becomes four patients every time this doctor is on. My and my supervisor are talking about it and she says that she is going to complain to their chief doctor. I'm like "you need something solid, get them to save all their documents and I will throw it into a spreadsheet". That way we have numbers and not just a gripe with nothing to show other than a bunch of techs whining and hearsay

So i told the techs to save the paperwork….nothing special, no extra work, just put it all in my box.

My gripe….its a bunch of whining. They are giving me everything that they are annoyed about….”negative ultrasound, then ordered ct, why?” (Because there is still something wrong with the patient). “Orbits Ordered from the waiting room without dr seeing pt” (because they got punched in the face and if its not broken they can be discharged from the waiting room).

out of 100 (literally) orders that they left me, that i TOOK HOME to sort through and start my spreadsheet, only one lonely order has something remotely related lol. And when i say related…i mean, i am grabbing at straws to make it related to the problem that we are trying to fix.

The ER docs like me, so im not trying to create a pissing match between us and them. I just want numbers so i have something to walk into the office with. I guess that opened a pandoras box when the techs realized that someone was paying attn and willing to do something about it.

Back