Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turned in my rental car at DFW airport on Saturday morning. The company employee walked all the way around the vehicle, looking closely at it. She mentioned nothing about damages, and sent me on my merry way. This was my first time renting with Sixt, and overall, it was a mostly good experience (except they didn't give me the mid-sized sedan for which I had prepaid, and I had to take a smaller one or otherwise be stuck with a 7 passenger van. No credit was given for the smaller vehicle, either).

Today I received an email that they found a big scratch on the driver's side door, and they have opened a damage claim against me. Using their response form, I noted all of the above and said that I would vigorously contest liability for scratches now being reported after their employee didn't say anything to me when the car was turned in. 😡

Turned in my rental car at DFW airport on Saturday morning. The company employee walked all the way around the vehicle, looking closely at it. She mentioned nothing about damages, and sent me on my merry way. This was my first time renting with Sixt, and overall, it was a mostly good experience (except they didn't give me the mid-sized sedan for which I had prepaid, and I had to take a smaller one or otherwise be stuck with a 7 passenger van. No credit was given for the smaller vehicle, either).

Today I received an email that they found a big scratch on the driver's side door, and they have opened a damage claim against me. Using their response form, I noted all of the above and said that I would vigorously contest liability for scratches now being reported after their employee didn't say anything to me when the car was turned in. 😡
Total bs. Wow.

Total bs. Wow.
My sentiments exactly. I debated about whether to mention the "A" word but ended up doing so. Hate to be that way, but it is amazing how people will back off once they know someone is an attorney.... which is exactly why there are so many of us. If people and companies would do the right thing, we attorneys would be pretty much out of business.

My sentiments exactly. I debated about whether to mention the "A" word but ended up doing so. Hate to be that way, but it is amazing how people will back off once they know someone is an attorney.... which is exactly why there are so many of us. If people and companies would do the right thing, we attorneys would be pretty much out of business.
Upon first reading your message on using the A word, I felt so proud of you...although that never really gets me anywhere in an argument, then I realized you meant ATTORNEY :lol:

Good on you though! Glad you did it. Bet it will make them rethink things in the future. You never know who you are dealing with.

Upon first reading your message on using the A word, I felt so proud of you...although that never really gets me anywhere in an argument, then I realized you meant ATTORNEY :lol:

Good on you though! Glad you did it. Bet it will make them rethink things in the future. You never know who you are dealing with.
LOL well I think most people would rather be called the more common A-word than to be told that they are acting like a blasted attorney. 😄

That's true about never knowing who you are dealing with... or who is watching. For the most part, I believe in treating everyone like the video of our interaction will be played back in court on a big screen for the jury. Of course that's not always what I actually manage to do in the moment. 😁

Once we had the father of a big commercialized medical malpractice attny in our ER. You know...the ones who have all the commercials and billboards all over the highway and buses. Nobody wanted to touch it. I'm like "fine, I'll be the sacrifice" LOL.

I thought that they would somehow be nicer than I expected...NOOOO. Complete jerks, and the whole family was there, all presumably attorneys from the same malpractice group. It looked like they just stepped out of the television commercial. They needed to know every single thing that you were doing, including why you were disconnecting IVs, monitors, etc. Even when I got him a warm blanket I was asked if it was clean. "No, I just pulled it out of the dirty laundry bin"...I didn't say that LOL.

Darn straight that was the most thorough paperwork I ever filled out before a scan LOL. Where we have a witness signature on the consent (usually we sign it), I had the son/attorney sign it and I witnessed that signature. Kinda wanted to get ALL of them to sign it. And we normally have to go into the chart (computer) to get a medical history. Do you think I was even touching that chart? Absolutely not lol. My name is going on as little as possible other than I took the scan.

And the guy was really sick. I'm thinking "OMG we need to keep the old man alive cause if he dies we are all losing our jobs".

Over my years I have dealt with sports people, rock stars, mob bosses, news casters, nothing was more unnerving than the medical malpractice lawyers...

@Vicki C from a legal perspective, you are totally correct, but from a practical standpoint, the contract says that any lawsuits would take place in FL. It would cost me more in travel expenses to fight it than to just pay it... and you can bet that they know that. But there are times I have spent more to fight things because I get so tired of these companies that just take people to the cleaners all the time. It's a car, it's going to get dinged on the road, and you KNOW they have insurance to cover this stuff. But they want to pressure everyone into paying an extra $15 per day for their insurance, rather than to risk it.

@dibbles very smart - thinking like a lawyer! (and I mean that as a total compliment).

@Catscankim so here's my reverse of that story. My 9yo daughter falls out of a tree on a Friday afternoon at 5pm. I leave the office, pick her up from my parents' house and head to ER, where we wait from 5:30pm until 12 midnight to be seen. Neither of us had had dinner, and her nose is swollen to twice the size and has turned purple. We finally get seen by the ER doc. He looks at her, turns her face side to side, and says, "It's not broken, just ice it and she will be fine."

Then he turns to me, and gives me the "Heeyyyy baby" look. Granted, at this point in my life, I'm a very fit 30yo with a sassy short hair cut, and dressed in a suit, heels, and pearls because I was in court earlier in the day. So ya can't blame the guy for trying.

What he's not realizing is that he's the same ER doc who saw me two weeks earlier when my ovarian cyst burst and everyone thought I had appendicitis. I wasn't looking quite so fine THAT day, so again, can't blame the guy for not recognizing me now that I'm not sweating, vomiting, and screaming in pain. But now here we are, he's given my daughter about 10 seconds of his time, and he turns to me.

Doc: You look so familiar, where do I know you from?
Me: Oh, you saw me two weeks ago when I was in here.
Doc: No, but you work at the bank, right?
Me: Nope.
Doc: So where do you work?
Me (hesitating): I'm an attorney.
Doc: blank stare. Then he slams down the manila folder (no iPads back then), rips open the ER curtain, and bellows at the top of his lungs,

"Nurse, we need Xrays now. We have an ATTORNEY here."

Oh yes, now we had to wait another hour for Xrays. At least they did confirm that her nose wasn't broken.

From now on, print out your results and use it to make notes. Then file or keep in a binder. :thumbs:

My thinking was to reduce paper clutter. Silly me. I like paper!
I’ve shifted to the smf lye calc, which I’m learning to use. I only messed up one batch of ZNSC, and only a slight mess up but important learning opportunity. Printing out the recipes is new to me and very cool! I started a dedicated notebook. I’m slowly learning and understanding about soap formulation rather than just following a recipe—though I’m still very happy to follow good recipes!!

So I spent 1 hour, 21 minutes on the phone with ADP (payroll service). Little background, I work as a Sr Staff Accountant for a CPA firm. We don't have a 'payroll' department per se, so I still get to set up all our new clients. I could have someone else do (being 'senior' has to count for something), but I've been doing it for so long now that I have it down to a fine art.

So I get an email from the boss (I'm working from home today)...URGENT xx company is not active for payroll. I'm on the phone immediately. It's 20 minutes before I get to talk to a human. Human (I didn't get her name) tells me that there is missing stuff....bank proof and RAA. I tell human that nothing is missing...can't submit without either of those two, human verifies that both are in fact there. Human puts me on hold to contact some in "Sales Help Desk". It's now been 50 minutes and she can't get ahold of anyone and transfer me to them.

I get transferred, hit the pound sign to fast forward through the crap, give them my account number and my access code and am placed on hold. Ten minutes later I have to enter my account number and access code...again. Another ten minutes and I'm finally connected to Cynthia. I tell her what is going one and she starts with the company line...I'm missing stuff.

Gecko: "No, I'm not."
Cynthia: "Well maybe there was a problem with it, you would have received an automated email."
Gecko: "Didn't receive any emails telling me there was a problem."
Cynthia: "Well maybe you missed it."
Gecko: "No, I have it set up that that kind of stuff gets flagged."
Cynthia: "Well, something happened."
Gecko: "You think? Why don't you check that you have everything you need and let's move forward, my client need to submit payroll."
Cynthia: "Well you need to email me the missing stuff."
Gecko: "What missing stuff?"
Cynthia: "The stuff that is missing."
Gecko: "Why don't you check to see if anything is actually missing or that there are any errors?"

Dum dum dum dum...dum dum dum.

Cynthia: "Well it looks like everything is there and it's all correct. We can have this set up by noon tomorrow."
Gecko: "So what you are telling me is that you have had everything to set this account for the last thirteen days, but somebody screwed up? And now you want me to wait until someone decides to push a button after their morning smoke break?"
Cynthia: "Well, we could have it set up by tomorrow morning."
Gecko: "So when I get up at 6am I can log into ADP and it will be active?"
Cynthia: "I don't think we can do it that early."
Gecko: "Why not, you're in Texas? How about this instead...it's not quite 3pm, why don't you push the button now?"
Cynthia: "Well, I can hear that you are very upset. I can get this set up in thirty minutes."
Gecko: "Thank you, it would be appreciated."

Seventeen minutes later the account was active.

My gripe. I hate telling ppl (my personal docs etc) that i am medical. I get one of two reactions…”know it all ct tech”, or “just a ct tech”. I never walk into the office in scrubs cause i know i am on the immediate defensive when someone comes in scrubs.

anyway, last year i found the most awesome NP (Which i have come to prefer NPs over MD)

I am having serious stomach issues. Its always been reflux, but its getting so bad. I can‘t eat without feeling like i want to throw up. Everything just sits up high. Like i have a boulder in my stomach.

Maria (my np) says its probably a hiatal hernia and at the time gave me zantac, which worked amazing. Then they said Zantac could cause cancer yada yada. Nothing else helps now and i feel like i would rather risk cancer then to deal with this all the time!!

So she gives me a script for a kub xray…i suggest a ct scan. She says no. So i get the stupid kub which showed nothing, and she still thinks its nothing but reflux.

I finally, humbly mentioned that i am a ct tech, now she thinks i only want the ct because i am a tech. But i have been a tech longer than she has been alive lol…well maybe not that long, but almost.

I can go a month with nothing, but then this week and last week….kill me now. I am taking pepcid and prilosec every morning. Then i started taking probiotics, then a different probiotic at night, so now two probiotics….one in the morning and one at night.

Now i am avoiding eating at all. I was starving today and got a turkey sandwich on wheat toast. I ate half. I LIKE TO EAT. I like to cook. Half a sandwhich and i knew if i took one more bite that would be the end of me.

i know i need to see a gastro dr, but she is not taking me seriously.

@TheGecko Well done! My hair would have been on fire. Hopefully the client appreciates you!!

It's funny...my boss says that I'm too "rough" on folks, yet when it comes to dealing with 'issues' I'm the one he wants dealing with them. 99.9% of the time I am the nicest person you'd ever meet, but after a certain point, my patience runs very thin. T

It's funny...my boss says that I'm too "rough" on folks, yet when it comes to dealing with 'issues' I'm the one he wants dealing with them. 99.9% of the time I am the nicest person you'd ever meet, but after a certain point, my patience runs very thin. T
You are reading my mail. I'm generally very nice... until I'm not. As they say, long fuse, big bang. ;) And my daughter has told people, "Don't piss off my mom. It won't go well for you."

Ahhhhaaaaauugghhh … How do vitamins survive saponification???? Just frustrated over what constitutes claims and marketing.

it’s not been my week. I feel like I had so much to do and barely anything was done. I have hundreds of things that need labels and more things that yet need to be made, thankfully not soap. I lost a client in my other business this month due to budget cuts and I need to make up that income /: I feel like I’m scrambling.

I blame it on the moon.

Not sure if this qualifies, but my darling wife (The Admirable Lady) called me yesterday from her shopping trip to tell me that she bought some glycerine from the pharmacy to help treat our chickens (some of them are fighting an infection at the moment and have open wounds on the feet)

I pointed out that she should call me before buying something like that as I have more than a bit of glycerine in the soaping cupboard.

"It's okay" she replied "it was only 2.35€ for 30ml"

So I look up what I usually pay: 13€ for 1000ml. Bit of maths later and she was paying 78€ per 1000ml!

So as our coffee machine (more mine, as she doesn't drink coffee) is on its last legs I ordered one that I had my eye on. For the price of 2000ml of her glycerine, I could buy 2000ml of glycerine AND my new coffee machine!

As background in general, pharmacies here are notorious for being expensive, but 78€ instead of 13€ is just extracting the urine

Not sure if this qualifies

It does. To 'gripe' is to relay instances about annoyances, pet peeves, frustrations, male bovine excrement, etc.

My current Gripe: Nurture Soap is still 'out of stock' of their 5lb Loaf Liners.

It's taken me over two years to reach the point where I feel that I am ready to sell to the public. I still have some details to work out when it comes to labeling, but in the meantime I need to build up some inventory and a couple of 10" Loaf Molds weren't going to cut it...especially since I pretty much only make soap on the weekend between my FT job and commute. After careful consideration, I decided to start with a single 5lb Basic Mold and then would purchase additional molds (up to six) over the next several months (I have a budget that I need to work within).

So I go over to my sister's house with my new mold and my BIL mentions that he can make the boxes for a fraction of the price. And he did...the next day he brought over six boxes...cost me $20 for materials and six pies (my BIL love pie...any kind of pie). So now all I need are liners...and they are out of stock. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 😭😭😭😭😭

My current Gripe: Nurture Soap is still 'out of stock' of their 5lb Loaf Liners.

It's taken me over two years to reach the point where I feel that I am ready to sell to the public. I still have some details to work out when it comes to labeling, but in the meantime I need to build up some inventory and a couple of 10" Loaf Molds weren't going to cut it...especially since I pretty much only make soap on the weekend between my FT job and commute. After careful consideration, I decided to start with a single 5lb Basic Mold and then would purchase additional molds (up to six) over the next several months (I have a budget that I need to work within).

So I go over to my sister's house with my new mold and my BIL mentions that he can make the boxes for a fraction of the price. And he did...the next day he brought over six boxes...cost me $20 for materials and six pies (my BIL love pie...any kind of pie). So now all I need are liners...and they are out of stock. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 😭😭😭😭😭
Have you signed up to be notified when they come in? That’s the only way I was able to snag my cutter from them. They sell out within hours - if not minutes- after posting the in-stock notice.

Latest posts

Back