Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going back to my debit card being stolen by the amazon guy…not realizing how many things that are automatically charged is so frustrating.

Not only all my channels (disney, netfix, discovery, etc), but apple pay, soap insurance, website that i been working on, ELECTRIC BILL…everything has my old card number and I keep getting threatening shut off texts and emails.

I update asap, but its frustrating that I really cant remember every single thing that my old card is attached to until i get notified that its not paid.

And geeze. Learning Spanish on my way to work today got cut short. Now I dont know where El Hotel Fernandez is.

Going back to my debit card being stolen by the amazon guy…not realizing how many things that are automatically charged is so frustrating.

Not only all my channels (disney, netfix, discovery, etc), but apple pay, soap insurance, website that i been working on, ELECTRIC BILL…everything has my old card number and I keep getting threatening shut off texts and emails.

I update asap, but its frustrating that I really cant remember every single thing that my old card is attached to until i get notified that its not paid.

And geeze. Learning Spanish on my way to work today got cut short. Now I dont know where El Hotel Fernandez is.
Take a look at your online statements (or written ones if you didn't opt for paperless) and you should see all the repeating monthly charges.

Oh. My. Gawd!!!

So I went to place an order with Rustic Escentuals...I'm low on Lilac and Black Raspberry Vanilla, out of Cantaloupe and wanted to get some more Silent Night. 4 bottles, 16oz total...they want to charge $13.00 for shipping. Are they freaking kidding me?!? :mad: :mad::mad:

I also placed an order with Brambleberry...2 colorants at 1oz each, 4 bottles of FO at 2oz each and 1 bottle of FO at 8oz. Shipping was $8.50 and their bottles are glass, not plastic.

I can find Lilac and BRV elsewhere, not sure about Cantaloupe (hubby's fav) and the Silent Night was a new FO that I had just tested.

ETA - Sent an email to RE. Depending on their response, I'm going to pull an inventory list on all the FOs and colorants I currently get from them and see if I can't find them elsewhere.

Oh. My. Gawd!!!

So I went to place an order with Rustic Escentuals...I'm low on Lilac and Black Raspberry Vanilla, out of Cantaloupe and wanted to get some more Silent Night. 4 bottles, 16oz total...they want to charge $13.00 for shipping. Are they freaking kidding me?!? :mad: :mad::mad:

I also placed an order with Brambleberry...2 colorants at 1oz each, 4 bottles of FO at 2oz each and 1 bottle of FO at 8oz. Shipping was $8.50 and their bottles are glass, not plastic.

I can find Lilac and BRV elsewhere, not sure about Cantaloupe (hubby's fav) and the Silent Night was a new FO that I had just tested.

ETA - Sent an email to RE. Depending on their response, I'm going to pull an inventory list on all the FOs and colorants I currently get from them and see if I can't find them elsewhere.

$13 for shipping? I'd be happy if my shipping costs were that low. I regularly pay over $20.

$13 for shipping? I'd be happy if my shipping costs were that low. I regularly pay over $20.

Same here, I pay at least $50 on shipping alone for one (1!) 16oz plastic bottle, and a small sample of 1oz. I have to import it from America, there are NO place in Norway that offers soap fragrances for cp soap. And btw - we in Norway have to pay customs on SHIPPING also, not just physical items.
Yup.
I would even pay double or triple of the $13 and come out on top...

I must be some sort of crazy, being willing to keep up with making soap when the struggle is real just getting some supplies. What kind of crazy is not quite clear yet....
Well, at least I have my health! No, wait...:beatinghead:

When regular shipping runs half or more of the cost of what I am ordering, then I tend to get a bit bent about it. I also get bit stubborn too. When shipping got outrageous on eBay ('cuz you didn't have to pay fees on it), I simply quit buying anything there.

Same here, I pay at least $50 on shipping alone for one (1!) 16oz plastic bottle, and a small sample of 1oz. I have to import it from America, there are NO place in Norway that offers soap fragrances for cp soap. And btw - we in Norway have to pay customs on SHIPPING also, not just physical items.
Yup.
I would even pay double or triple of the $13 and come out on top...

I must be some sort of crazy, being willing to keep up with making soap when the struggle is real just getting some supplies. What kind of crazy is not quite clear yet....
Well, at least I have my health! No, wait...:beatinghead:

I know some folks overseas use folks in the US to have their stuff shipped to and then it gets sent on. I would be happy to send you...um...presents a few times a year if it would save you from having to pay $50.

When regular shipping runs half or more of the cost of what I am ordering, then I tend to get a bit bent about it. I also get bit stubborn too. When shipping got outrageous on eBay ('cuz you didn't have to pay fees on it), I simply quit buying anything there.

I know some folks overseas use folks in the US to have their stuff shipped to and then it gets sent on. I would be happy to send you...um...presents a few times a year if it would save you from having to pay $50.

Totally understandable! Even if you are in a different situation than me, I really get how you feel.

Aaww, you`re such a sweetie! I will try and make due with the situation, but thank you for your very kind offer!🤗

Work sucks and we’re down to 3.5 staff and need staffing 24/7.

I’ve been applying and looking at a career change (or rather actually looking at jobs that can be careers). I’ve been working so mUCB that I missed an email on Sunday. To set up an interview on Monday or Tuesday (yesterday or today) during times when I have to be work.

I now don’t even know how to reply that I’m not ghosting them or if I should just assume that I’m part of the statistic they expect not to respond.

goodbye doubling my pay. I’ll find another way to work from home

@BattleGnome I would be honest and apologize for missing their email due to working long hours, and ask them for another interview date and time. As someone who handles a lot of the applications and interviews at my job, I'd appreciate the honesty and gladly provide another interview time.

turns out that offer was a scam but I thank you for the advice. It’s always good to remember that people are willing to work with you if you are honest.

My director and the director of our trauma department HATE each other. However, me and the trauma director get along very well. She buys soaps from me, and I also gave her my whipped body butter in the past.

Since I have started first shift, she absolutely loves me (because the previous girl was a disaster). She even sent an email to my director on my behalf singing my praises after they had a trauma meeting that apparently featured me and how well the CT department is running these days, which the email is now posted on our departments "wall of fame". I have her cell phone number for pete's sake, and I sent her pictures that I took at out pediatric halloween party...pictures were of her dressed as Jane Jetson.

It is very well known that the ER CT at my hospital is a one-man-show. Shouldn't be that way, but it's corporate, so it is what it is.

But even my director made a comment one day "don't know what you are doing, but keep it up keeping her out of my hair".

I'm not doing anything spectacular, I just get along with everybody in different departments, and I work hard and keep delays to a minimum. Ummm, on the 4th of July the CHIEF trauma surgeon walked in with mango upside down cake that his wife made (yummmmm), because he knew I was getting killed all day and saved me a piece.

FRIDAY, I was hanging out at our other scanner with my boss, and my director walked in in a panic. Trauma director sent her a nasty-gram text message asking her to explain why a CT exam wasn't completed (on my shift) "when it was clearly ordered stat".

I had to run down to the ER to find my paperwork and run it back upstairs. In my handwriting it had a note (with a time and who I spoke to), that the patient was in the OR and PACU (recovery room) would call me when the patient was out of surgery. It was 16 minutes after the order was placed. There was nothing abnormal about any of it. A patient goes from the trauma bay straight to the OR sometimes, and PACU brings them to me after. Its just how it works.

AND I JUST SENT HER PICTURES OF HER IN HER CUTE HALLOWEEN COSTUME FROM OUR PEDIATRIC PARADE!

So while I am standing there on the defensive with my director trying to explain, I took a picture of the order with my handwritten notes and proceeded to send it to the trauma director who I have a direct line with...nothing mean or nasty (although I WAS super mad), and my boss said to let it go and not to get involved.

Well I can't do that LOL. I did let it go with the directors head butting each other, but I also sent a text to the trauma doc who was on call that day, and was the actual one doing the surgery. So now he is mad (cause me and him are buddies). I told him to keep my name out of it. He cancelled the order for the CT and said that the resident put it in and it wasn't even necessary, at least not until the next day because he was too critical.

But I'm so mad that this same person was like "oh, take my picture in my cute costume and send it to me" also complained knowing that I was the tech that day. Kinda hurt too. I know that once they get to the "ivory tower" level, they become jerks sometimes. Guess I know where I really stand with her.

Later, the doc sent me a text that is a director fight and to stay out of it: it has nothing to do with me.

Ok, whatever. Christmas is coming up NO SOAP FOR YOU! Now I don't even know how to talk to her. I see her and I'm like (GRRRR) "good morning :)". "Oh Kim, do you have any christmas soaps yet? I need more lotion, let me give you money for it I need a gallon."

Your doc friend is right. It's a director fight. Hard though it may be, stay out of it.

Separating friendship from the hierarchy at work can be a difficult thing, but some folks are better at managing that than others. I recall a time when I was told by a boss that when moving to management, things change and relationships (friendships) change when one becomes management and the others don't. You and I can choose to not believe that and try to carry on regardless, yet it does happen and it does truly complicate things.

She has always been director, we just get along very well.

It's the two ladies that hate each other, and I guess she just found a dig to get at my director. Oh well, I'm out of it. Glad I had all my ducks in a row with my documentations. Not going to take it personal (unless she does it again LOL).

This always feels so judgmental of me, but every time I check in a single young man for a long term stay (FYI, I work the front desk at an extended stay hotel, where most stays are a week or longer. We are by no means a full service hotel...no restaurant and room service..etc) and he gets upset because at the discounted weekly rate for the 7 nights he's here he will not get housekeeping service. And any stays longer than a week is just once a week housekeeping service. When he asked about the bed linens, I explained any dirty linens brought to desk will be exchanged for clean. His response is "I have to put the sheets on my bed myself!?!?" I guess what always amazes me is that there are grown men that do not know how to put lines on a bed or maybe just don't want to do it them selves... My kids (2 boys and a girl) have been doing their laundry, clothing and linens, since they were around 10yrs old. Now who know what they do when they move out on their own, but I know they have the skills to survive. Rant over! :rolleyes:

My Brambleberry soap calculator just crashed and lost the last six years of recipes and batches. Not as bad as it could be since I make soap for only family and friends. Is there a tutorial for soap friend calc? A favorite calc? I read the thread regarding calcs but I’m still unclear on the the best choice. I use other peoples recipes for the most part. I think this covers a few threads, but it’s my big gripe of the day. I just need to get some soap made!

Oh @Janewoc17 that is so sad! I don't necessarily need my recipes per se, since I don't tweak them often, but I do use the stored recipe name and picture to identify the soaps on my curing rack. Sometimes I can't even place the scent unless I check the saved recipe. I can't imagine losing all that. 😭. Are you sure you can't just reinstall the BB calculator, and log back in to see if your recipes are there?

Now that you are looking for a new one, I like the SMF calculator the best, since it automates things like dual lye, as well as vinegar and CA adjustments (but only if you aren't using MB lye solution or combining vinegar and CA in the same batch).

It does have its own forum which is not very active, but you can read through the posts there. Also, here is a YouTube video where another soapmaker walks you through how to use it:

Oh @Janewoc17 that is so sad! I don't necessarily need my recipes per se, since I don't tweak them often, but I do use the stored recipe name and picture to identify the soaps on my curing rack. Sometimes I can't even place the scent unless I check the saved recipe. I can't imagine losing all that. 😭. Are you sure you can't just reinstall the BB calculator, and log back in to see if your recipes are there?

Now that you are looking for a new one, I like the SMF calculator the best, since it automates things like dual lye, as well as vinegar and CA adjustments (but only if you aren't using MB lye solution or combining vinegar and CA in the same batch).

It does have its own forum which is not very active, but you can read through the posts there. Also, here is a YouTube video where another soapmaker walks you through how to use it:
AliOop, THANK YOU!!!!!!! That's what I need. I've been trying to figure out how to use the SMF calc, but there is sooooo much I don't know that I'm never sure what I'm doing. The BB app seems to have gone missing in the App Store.
I'm off to make my first batch of ZNSC!! I'll send you another note about my shampoo bar adventure$!

I hate making mistakes at work. I've been doing pretty good with my new position until lately where I've made 3 variations of the same mistake in the last 2 weeks. I'm normally able to account for my focus issues, and now that's under fire...."I'm thinking too much" along with a torrent of other complaints. Ack. I have no ground to stand on here. Tomorrow is my "make it or break it" day and Friday is the most stressful day.

I hate making mistakes at work. I've been doing pretty good with my new position until lately where I've made 3 variations of the same mistake in the last 2 weeks. I'm normally able to account for my focus issues, and now that's under fire...."I'm thinking too much" along with a torrent of other complaints. Ack. I have no ground to stand on here. Tomorrow is my "make it or break it" day and Friday is the most stressful day.
Tomorrow don’t think too much about the past. As my father would say “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is The Day!” Good Luck & don’t listen to negative thoughts, try to think positively!

My director and the director of our trauma department HATE each other. However, me and the trauma director get along very well. She buys soaps from me, and I also gave her my whipped body butter in the past.

Since I have started first shift, she absolutely loves me (because the previous girl was a disaster). She even sent an email to my director on my behalf singing my praises after they had a trauma meeting that apparently featured me and how well the CT department is running these days, which the email is now posted on our departments "wall of fame". I have her cell phone number for pete's sake, and I sent her pictures that I took at out pediatric halloween party...pictures were of her dressed as Jane Jetson.

It is very well known that the ER CT at my hospital is a one-man-show. Shouldn't be that way, but it's corporate, so it is what it is.

But even my director made a comment one day "don't know what you are doing, but keep it up keeping her out of my hair".

I'm not doing anything spectacular, I just get along with everybody in different departments, and I work hard and keep delays to a minimum. Ummm, on the 4th of July the CHIEF trauma surgeon walked in with mango upside down cake that his wife made (yummmmm), because he knew I was getting killed all day and saved me a piece.

FRIDAY, I was hanging out at our other scanner with my boss, and my director walked in in a panic. Trauma director sent her a nasty-gram text message asking her to explain why a CT exam wasn't completed (on my shift) "when it was clearly ordered stat".

I had to run down to the ER to find my paperwork and run it back upstairs. In my handwriting it had a note (with a time and who I spoke to), that the patient was in the OR and PACU (recovery room) would call me when the patient was out of surgery. It was 16 minutes after the order was placed. There was nothing abnormal about any of it. A patient goes from the trauma bay straight to the OR sometimes, and PACU brings them to me after. Its just how it works.

AND I JUST SENT HER PICTURES OF HER IN HER CUTE HALLOWEEN COSTUME FROM OUR PEDIATRIC PARADE!

So while I am standing there on the defensive with my director trying to explain, I took a picture of the order with my handwritten notes and proceeded to send it to the trauma director who I have a direct line with...nothing mean or nasty (although I WAS super mad), and my boss said to let it go and not to get involved.

Well I can't do that LOL. I did let it go with the directors head butting each other, but I also sent a text to the trauma doc who was on call that day, and was the actual one doing the surgery. So now he is mad (cause me and him are buddies). I told him to keep my name out of it. He cancelled the order for the CT and said that the resident put it in and it wasn't even necessary, at least not until the next day because he was too critical.

But I'm so mad that this same person was like "oh, take my picture in my cute costume and send it to me" also complained knowing that I was the tech that day. Kinda hurt too. I know that once they get to the "ivory tower" level, they become jerks sometimes. Guess I know where I really stand with her.

Later, the doc sent me a text that is a director fight and to stay out of it: it has nothing to do with me.

Ok, whatever. Christmas is coming up NO SOAP FOR YOU! Now I don't even know how to talk to her. I see her and I'm like (GRRRR) "good morning :)". "Oh Kim, do you have any christmas soaps yet? I need more lotion, let me give you money for it I need a gallon."
Never fun, good thing you had your back up notes. 💫👍🏼.
I love it " whatever Christmas is coming up NO SOAP FOR YOÜ" 🤣😂

Latest posts

Back