Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So many ice tray issues triggering tensions between people 😲. In contrast to this, my freezer story sounds almost bureaucratical. I noticed that the interior catches ice quite quickly. Like, overnight, and I think it's time to defrost it again. And again. Leaky door? I don't know, it's a mystery. I'm trying to close the door as tightly as possible, but still it won't stop building up crazy amounts of rime everywhere over the weeks. My gripe-ish lament is that I'll probably have to keep defrosting it for an indefinite amount of time. It's a rather new machine (some 2 years old), and I've been happy with it until it started to craze out some year ago.
We had this happening. It was the rubber gasket around the door that was pulling away in a couple of spots. It was under warranty so the repair guy came out and fixed it. But I watched in case it happens again after it is out of warranty. He used a blow dryer to heat the rubber so it could be reshaped straight so it would seal. Might be worth taking a look at yours to see if any air gaps are apparent, and if so, heating the gasket with your implement of choice to reshape it. Good luck!

@Kiti Williams I'm in Florida now, but hail from Philadelphia. I got married in Pottstown many moons ago...

I am a split Pottstown/Reading resident right now. Still have to move boo-kuu junk. I am a Pittsburgh person from way back, still have family there and in Daytona Beach, FL.

Hope you weathered Ida well!

I am a split Pottstown/Reading resident right now. Still have to move boo-kuu junk. I am a Pittsburgh person from way back, still have family there and in Daytona Beach, FL.

Hope you weathered Ida well!
I'm on the east coast so we just got some rain. Nothing bad.

A little while back, we were getting a tropical storm, and my friend in Philly was like "oh...just a tropical storm, no big deal." There was. no explaining to him that they can be as bad as hurricanes because of the amount of water it can dump. I guess he's a believer now! Philly got pounded by Ida.

I mentioned before that my debit card got stolen off the porch by the Amazon delivery guy :mad:. I locked my card right away, so nothing happened to my money.

I could easily reorder a new card, but I didn't want to wait 7-10 days. So I go to my BoA branch...it's closed. Drive all the way across town to another branch and waited in line for almost an hour only for the teller to tell me that tellers do not take care of that and I need to talk with one of the cubicle people (I don't know what they are called lol). But I need to make an appointment...to take care of a stolen card, really???! I tried to not get mad because their rules aren't his fault. I withdrew enough money to last me a few days and left and ordered a new card online.

So while I am online, I had the option to get a virtual card to use. OK cool. I guess this isn't so bad. It also let me link this virtual card to apple pay and paypal right upfront. Alright!! All my preferred payment preferences right there. I'm thinking: why does anybody even have a card anymore!

I got paid today and realized that I have a Citi acct that I never use. Sent myself money from my BoA acct to my Citi acct...it's still pending. So there's $500 sitting in limbo right now (for some reason I really thought that it was an instant transfer).

Spent all morning food shopping online. It started with covid, but now I just like not going to the store, so I bought a years subscription for online shopping. I go to checkout and my virtual card is not available for use for online payments. I tried it with apple pay and got the same error.

I have a shopping cart at NS waiting for checkout that I can't do until I can activate my physical card that I don't have yet. And I don't know when this bank transfer is going to go through. I keep checking LOL.

I wanted to go out with friends tonight, and while I can pay with apple pay or my "virtual card" at the supermarket, this place is a hard NO in regard to having any sort of virtual pay LOL. What a pita!!

I bought lime EO back in May. Just got around to using it for a scent for a homemade window cleaner. I never thought of opening the bottle before tonight. I mean May-September does not make it an old oil.

The dropper cap is brown. Kinda startled at first. But I used it anyway in my spray bottle of window cleaner. The liquid is brown. I know what lime eo is supposed to look like. This is not it.

It smells ok still. I just don't know why it is brown.

Guess the only thing I'm going to use it for is window cleaner now...

Gonna stick to my regular supplier of eo, although they are a bit more expensive...soap supply companies are apparently not the place to buy them. I didn't expect high-quality, but I also did not expect brown

My bathtub.

I'm in a wedding this weekend and my dress shows some …..interesting tan lines. Namely tan shoulders with neon white between them. No big deal, my gym as tanning I’ll do some research. Apparently I’m allergic to the active ingredient in most tanning lotions, DEA - a 1 in 50,000 allergy. Whatever, it’s responding to benedryl, I’m just still itchy and covered in hives while I wait for the med to kick in.

The gripe: my bathtub is meant for a toddler’s bath not an adult who needs an actual soak.

Oh my gosh. They have benadryl cream too. You can try that.

Are you sure its an allergic reaction and not sunburn on your neon white strap marks? Because tanning agents don't make you immune to sunburn. Aloe, lavender, and tea tree (not all together, that's not a recipe lol).

If you are sure its an allergy, Pepcid ups the benadryl's effectiveness...Specifically pepcid. i don't know the scientific reason for it and it makes no sense to me because they are not related but it works. If we have a patient with an allergic reaction to contrast, we give benadryl and pepcid.

Thanks guys.

It‘s fully hives - itchy, red, angry welts. I did 2 months of research before I was comfortable enough to try the tanning bed, bought lotion/eye protectors, then waited another few weeks to build my courage. According to what I’ve read I am “skin type 2” which is very pale but still capable of tanning (type 1 doesn’t tan at all). I limited myself to 6 minutes a session, 48+ hours between sessions. Session 3 started showing the marks. They fade after taking benedryl and reappear 4 hours later when it’s time to consider the next dose.

If you are sure its an allergy, Pepcid ups the benadryl's effectiveness...Specifically pepcid. i don't know the scientific reason for it and it makes no sense to me because they are not related but it works. If we have a patient with an allergic reaction to contrast, we give benadryl and pepcid.

Weird combo but I actually have some Pepcid left from a cat who no longer needs to worry about heartburn. I’ll give it a try.

also, I just realized but can’t edit my post anymore. I typed the wrong ingredient. Its DHA not DEA. Doesn’t matter in the long run but my brain keeps calling it DNA and I need to be accurate when I talk to a doctor about it

Thanks guys.

It‘s fully hives - itchy, red, angry welts. I did 2 months of research before I was comfortable enough to try the tanning bed, bought lotion/eye protectors, then waited another few weeks to build my courage. According to what I’ve read I am “skin type 2” which is very pale but still capable of tanning (type 1 doesn’t tan at all). I limited myself to 6 minutes a session, 48+ hours between sessions. Session 3 started showing the marks. They fade after taking benedryl and reappear 4 hours later when it’s time to consider the next dose.

Weird combo but I actually have some Pepcid left from a cat who no longer needs to worry about heartburn. I’ll give it a try.

also, I just realized but can’t edit my post anymore. I typed the wrong ingredient. Its DHA not DEA. Doesn’t matter in the long run but my brain keeps calling it DNA and I need to be accurate when I talk to a doctor about it
Wow' I hope you recover quickly' your hives could be caused by nerves too' maybe the tanning bed & wedding kicked your nervous system into overdrive.. 😟😔

My bathtub.

I'm in a wedding this weekend and my dress shows some …..interesting tan lines. Namely tan shoulders with neon white between them. No big deal, my gym as tanning I’ll do some research. Apparently I’m allergic to the active ingredient in most tanning lotions, DEA - a 1 in 50,000 allergy. Whatever, it’s responding to benedryl, I’m just still itchy and covered in hives while I wait for the med to kick in.

The gripe: my bathtub is meant for a toddler’s bath not an adult who needs an actual soak.
Any chance you take a medication that triggers sun sensitivity? My daughter and I have both had skin reactions caused by sunlight, same areas of exposed skin where we would have applied sunscreen.

My gripe is buying 3 bars of soap from one of my favorite online creators only for them to get to me all soft and banged up, so they aren't even that pretty anymore. I'm wondering how long she cured them for. Of course they look so nice online...and I wanted to keep them as decoration, but I guess I'll just be using them now (which I guess isn't all that bad, but I have enough soap to use already. I wanted this for my collection). I guess this person is just one I'll have to admire her work online only from now on.

Back