Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the other 90% water?
The other 90% can be any body mist spray recipe you find on SMF or online.

An easy one is made with premium 80 proof vodka (40% alcohol by volume) or
60/40 vodka + distilled water -- this dilutes the vodka to 20% which is a sufficient amount to act as a preservative. :)

10% Lemon Eucalyptus essential oil in a body spray mister. Shake, shake, shake and spritz, spritz, spritz. That's all.
What's the other 90%?

The other 90% can be any body mist spray recipe you find on SMF or online.

An easy one is made with premium 80 proof vodka (40% alcohol by volume) or
60/40 vodka + distilled water -- this dilutes the vodka to 20% which is a sufficient amount to act as a preservative. :)
Hahaha! Looks like someone else asked this question already.

As everybody is aware, i am estatic that i am moving to the 7am shift. The person that previously occupied that shift for the past 15-20 years was also “senior tech” which meant she was responsible for some daily operations…which apparently she did nothing.

Come find out last week, we are having an inspection next week, and its a huge big deal, and our department is far from compliant. They came in for a mock inspection. Management came down on ME as if i had anything to do with the disarray of the dept….broken door, broken cabinet locks, etc.

As a former supervisor at another hospital, i can handle an inspection. And yes i have worked as a staff tech at this hospital for 5 years, and always said that i dont know how we ever pass ANY inspection. But every time you tried to do anything about it…the so-called senior tech got all pissy and offended.

Now she is gone. They have not named me senior tech as of yet. My supervisor…love her dearly, is retiring next year so she is beyond caring about much at this point. I am slated to step into being supervisor when she leaves, so this leaves me in the conundrum of….do i step up and get the house in order??

I feel like i am over stepping, but i got the stupid door fixed, and the cabinet locks fixed. And i ordered a labeler to label all of the cabinets where contrast and saline is stored. I worked the weekend, so i did a lot of ”cleaning house”. All the while thinking “I dont get paid for this crap”.

I called my boss this morning and told her that the floors were being deep cleaned in the morning tomorrow (basically shutting down one of our scanners), and after that they were coming in to repair moldy looking ceiling tiles and cracked plaster around the door.

There is no longer a ppe shortage, yet we have a (disgusting) cabinet full of paper bags with n95 masks that i tossed.

Taped memos all over the walls…all down. All this stuff is violations!!! And she got a little pissy with me over some of it. I said then ok, i will go upstairs and work in your pristine scanner/palace on tuesday and wednesday and you work in the er scanner for the inspection.

Not sure if it is overstepping or stepping up.

When no one else steps up, either someone else will or the blame will be placed. If blames falls to you, that would be wrong. But it does happen. So knowing you are going to be in the position in a year's time, taking on the responsibility now will show your ability to do that aspect of the job. It wouldn't hurt to formally let the person to whom you report that you are happy to help get the department ready pre-inspection if she doesn't mind. Just be prepared to not receive any accolades, but I am sure you know it's the right thing to do regardless of the apathy of others.

I walked in today at 7am to a (almost) sparkling department :). The floors etc were actually done last night, and yesterdays techs actually cleaned, dusted and cleaned the windows. It was really really deep cleaned. I grabbed some adhesive remover to get some last tape residue off the cabinets and carts.

Ok, so I got there at 7am and started the adhesive scrubbing and a few little last minute things to get ahead of any more mock inspections. Stupid manager walks in...doesn't notice how clean it is and proceeds to take my chairs because the vinyl is cracked in the front of the seats. I ask if she is going to bring me new chairs, she says she needs to order them. "I need to sit down at some point, you cannot take the chairs...I thought you ordered new chairs months ago??!!" She finally left ONE chair and says that if we get dinged, that it is all on my head. As if old office chairs are all my fault.

In MY head, I'm like OK, if I hurt my wrist because I have to stand and use a computer with a mouse on a workstation at less than waist level then it is on YOUR head LOL. I didn't say it, but that's what I was thinking. Also thinking "I'll call OSHA!!" LOL

I walked up to talk to my boss. A lot of f-bombs going on. I told her that WE ALL really did a good job getting everything in order over the weekend, and stuff was fixed that had been broken for years. Seriously today was my first day on this shift...I had a few early shifts last week, but by HR standards, today is my first day. And the manager tells me that if we fail that it is on my head....

My supervisor gave me some chairs from her (cushie) department to put back down in our department.

Anyway, the tech that relieved me today... I'm like I don't know who to thank for all the cleaning. He's like "yeah, we kinda like you, soooo....". Awwwwww 😍😍😍😍

I better get that supervisor position next year LOL

……if we get dinged, that it is all on my head.

Wow. I hope it’s not too harsh to say this, but your managers sound worthless. I don’t know them, obviously, but I know the type……and I suspect that once you took the reins and got the place straightened up, they were threatened. So the chairs became the one thing they could do so that they can say that they had at least SOME involvement in readiness, and didn’t get shown up by a tech.

I'm making assumptions, I know…..but like I said, I know the type. If nothing else, you’ve positioned yourself well to be a great choice for the supervisor position (if you want it……...). Seems like your coworkers would be on board with you being the boss, and that’s a great place to start!

Lol, i was a wild woman when i went in this morning with the cleaning. Dusted some spots that were missed etc.

I received my labeler yesterday, which i never got to use because i got busy, but believe me…that labeler was on my my mind all day LOL. Its the best delivery since my last order of lye lol.

They harassed me about the chairs all day. Finally i walked up to their office. “I’m not trying to give you a hard time. I really got the whole dept engaged in taking pride in everything and they all chipped in. All we need is a work order or some sort of receipt that shows that we have new chairs on order to show that we addressed the issue. We cannot work without the chairs given the height of our workstations.” Threw in OSHA and ACHA violations etc.

edit…the chairs that my boss leant me the day before were loaners for the inspection only. The needed to be returned lol

After all this…ACR cancelled on us late today because of covid lol. Go figure. No inspection.

I went outside to smoke…not completely illegal, but kinda frowned upon. But i dont clock out no-lunch when i dont get a lunch, and they dont bother me with the smoking. I only run out once a day, sometimes not at all. And I am fast. So its a trade off lol. Anyway, my manager was walking out to her car (yay me) lol. I said “maybe the best thing is to always keep the department in a state of readiness, that way its not so frantic at a weeks notice”…..lightbulb moment for her lol.

DUH

Last edited:
@Catscankim LOL! We have to live in a state of constant readiness! I work in blood bank and we’ve always been told, “The FDA could come at any moment!” Kind of hyperbolic but true. 😁 I think that even with no inspection, you still made leaps and bounds toward that time when they do decide to show up…..and maybe you’ll get those **** chairs replaced before they come! 😂😂

Note on your coworkers…..clearly YOU are the leader they’re following. 😊

@Catscankim LOL! We have to live in a state of constant readiness! I work in blood bank and we’ve always been told, “The FDA could come at any moment!” Kind of hyperbolic but true. 😁 I think that even with no inspection, you still made leaps and bounds toward that time when they do decide to show up…..and maybe you’ll get those **** chairs replaced before they come! 😂😂

Note on your coworkers…..clearly YOU are the leader they’re following. 😊
Awww, thank you

People who are capable of standing in front of the open freezer to crack a tray of ice and pick out cubes, but too freaking lazy to just crack it into the ice bucket!!! OMG...I asked hubby why he didn't empty the tray and he said, "I didn't want to have to stand there that long." Are you freaking kidding me!?!? You spent more time trying to get the ice cubes out of the tray than if you had just dumped it and grabbed cubes. ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

People who are capable of standing in front of the open freezer to crack a tray of ice and pick out cubes, but too freaking lazy to just crack it into the ice bucket!!! OMG...I asked hubby why he didn't empty the tray and he said, "I didn't want to have to stand there that long." Are you freaking kidding me!?!? You spent more time trying to get the ice cubes out of the tray than if you had just dumped it and grabbed cubes. ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
My son emptied the trays completely and put them back in the freezer I was like what is wrong with you? LOL

I am a crack the tray and pick out a few person lol. I dont know why I do it. I guess because I dont use ice that often. Every once in a while i will get a wild hair and dump and refill them all. I guess i really just need a new fridge/freezer with an ice maker. That would solve my problems lol.

Funny discussion over ice trays. I take responsibility for the ice bucket in the freezer & do all the refilling of the ice trays. The only time I have ever seen my husband take a few from the tray & replace it in the freezer without refilling the empty slots was when I used up all the ice in the bucket & didn't refill it myself.

Now the part about standing in front of the open freezer while doing it, that would irk me. The kitchen sink is 1 or 2 steps away from the freezer, so leaving the door open while emptying a tray seems wrong to me when it is better to close the freezer door & move over to the sink. Then if ice falls, it lands in a clean sink (hopefully clean) and not on the floor. And picking up fallen ice from the sink (clean or dirty) and rinsing it off is better than picking it up off the floor. Not to mention the wasted electricity while the freezer door stands open.

So many ice tray issues triggering tensions between people 😲. In contrast to this, my freezer story sounds almost bureaucratical. I noticed that the interior catches ice quite quickly. Like, overnight, and I think it's time to defrost it again. And again. Leaky door? I don't know, it's a mystery. I'm trying to close the door as tightly as possible, but still it won't stop building up crazy amounts of rime everywhere over the weeks. My gripe-ish lament is that I'll probably have to keep defrosting it for an indefinite amount of time. It's a rather new machine (some 2 years old), and I've been happy with it until it started to craze out some year ago.

I have a huge gripe tonight!!!

I was at my friends house yesterday and we got a pizza. I hate talking on the phone so i made her order it with my debit card.

Today i realized that i left my debit card, a little 6-pack cooler, and my glasses. Shes like “I am at the beach, but i left your glasses and the debit card in the cooler on my porch”.

I was dropping off a pool for her kid anyway, so no big deal. I go over and my cooler with the glasses were there, but no debit card…and an amazon box sitting there that was just delivered.

Seems like the amazon guy stole my debit card!! Its all good. I locked it right away. The neighbor across the street said he started paying attention when the amazon guy was there for an unusual long amt of time on the porch.

My friend said she was gonna complain to amazon…im like good luck with getting through to the complaint dept lol. You cant.

But what a pita now. I gotta get a new card and change all of my online payments…

Back