Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is 40 years old!! Not a kiddo. That makes it even scarier LOL. The other day I was getting attitude left and right from her. I don't know where it was coming from...I am trying to teach her. Finally I says "You can knock it off with the attitude, I am NOT the one." She instantly turned on her heel and went upstairs to complain to my boss that I was being mean to her. I wasn't being mean, I am blunt. Sorry if you don't like my voice.

Anyway, my real gripe for today LOL....

I go to get my eye exam. I told them that I needed both glasses and contacts. I have never worn contacts before, but with the masks and the glasses etc, my ears are being rubbed raw, not to mention the very irritating fog issue.

The doctor rushes through my exam, then stops and types a bunch of stuff on the computer. He is getting more and more I dunno....excitable. Then blurts out "wait! this can't be right! Did anybody ever talk to you about double vision?" I'm like nooooo. Then he does another eye exam and keeps going back and forth to the computer. I'm sitting there cover one eye, cover the other eye...I'm starting to panic LOL. Is this something that I never noticed??

"So lets talk about that double vision thing" He's like "I never said you had double vision" LOL. What the heck, you just had me in a panic.

He tells me to go to the other room and "wash up for contact lens training" because I have never worn them before. Girl comes in and places two contact packages in front of me R and L (backwards because she placed them while standing facing me. Then she says, "good, you have your phone"...hands me a little piece of paper with a qr code to follow the link to accu vue to teach me how to put in contacts virtually, and she leaves. After about 15 minutes of following this website, glasses on to read, glasses off to try to position my hand to put the stupid contact in: I finally dropped the stupid thing. I paced around waiting for the girl to come back and lost it LOL. She says that's the way they do it because of covid. OK I get it sort of...if you are so afraid of covid, then put on an n95 and help me put in my contacts for the first time in my life.

They didn't even have wifi, and I couldn't get service to scan the flippin qr code. Finally I hooked up with Burgerfi next door. In the end, I did not get contacts lol. Only because I cannot do it that way.

Anyway, she tells me to pick out glasses. So I'm out there trying on glasses. I probably tried on about 8 pairs before somebody freaked out that I needed to put "dirty" glasses in the bucket.

I finally picked my two pairs of glasses. FINALLY got to pick them up this Friday. I went to pick them up and she asked me if I wanted help to adjust them. I'm like "what, you don't have a qr code for that?"

...saturday one of the lens popped out and I cannot find it.

LOL I woke up and put my glasses on and it made me so nauseous. Seriously want to throw up nauseous. I even took an anti nausea pill. I'm like "OH MY GOD I DO HAVE DOUBLE VISION!" LOL. Put the glasses on, again wanted to throw up. The lens was missing and I didn't even realize it. THE NEXT DAY!

My friend is an eye-guy at another place. I guess a tech. He said that the qr code thing is totally stupid and they do actual person to person teaching you how to put in your contacts. So I guess I have a new eye doctor....
Totally understand your frustrations' mainly concerning your eye apt. I think many business are using covid to do less customer service across the board. So frustrating.

To have to keep reminding a 35 y/o woman to put her phone down because you need help is flat out irritating.

That drives me nuts! I'm twenty to forty years older than my boss and co-workers. Boss has two cell phones that he uses 99% of the day for work. I have a personal and business cell phone...some of my favored clients have my personal number along with my boss, so the phone is on my desk. Elsewise, I only use my phone when outside on break or during lunch. The business cell phone is strictly for business...no personal use of it at all, and I generally don't answer it after business hours unless it is a favored client.

The others in the office are constantly on their cell phones...surfing the web, checking their FB, Tweets and Snaps or whatever, talking to friends, listening to music and podcasts, watching "TV", etc. The latter stuff doesn't bother me so much...it can get pretty darn quiet. And I get that sometimes personal stuff can overlap work hours...doctors, dentist, insurance...that okay too, to a certain extent. But the rest...I'm being paid to do a job, not play games or check how many 'likes' I got.

Then the boss decided that all the accountants needed cell phones since we have started working from home a couple of days a week. I asked one of my co-workers to help me out with setting up the new phone since she has a similar personal phone. She was proud to show off how she had downloaded Netflix, Amazon TV, Facebook, personal email, games, etc. I'm like...uh, I just want to know how to set up my work email since this is my WORK phone, NOT my personal phone. She said she downloaded all that stuff so she can now let her kids use the phone. Kitten Love?!?

I don't get it. I had set up my youngest daughter with some side work for one of my favored clients thinking it was a win-win, only to have him complain that she was always on her phone. I couldn't believe that I had to explain to her that she wasn't getting paid to chat/text with friends.

I have nothing against the phone when it is appropriate, like if we have downtime (which rarely happens at my hospital). And don't get me wrong, I almost always have my phone on me. But then again me and my regular partner text back and forth.."room 16 isn't ready, who else can I grab?" or we are getting multiple traumas, I will be right back. Put your mask on, I got a stinky one LOL. Plus I have a few docs on my phone that we text back and forth about orders.

My boss the other day texted me that Dr. A just called the third floor and "screamed at them" that a ct wasn't done. I texted back "no he didn't" "how do you know" "because I am outside smoking with him"...you know, appropriate hospital stuff like that, LOL LOL.

And I always have my ipad, but that's just to play music.

But when I am trying to teach somebody and have to constantly redirect her to pay attention, that really gets me. And then the fact that she is not even a kid gets me even more...most of our new grads are in their early 20's, she is close to 40 I am guessing, haven't asked her yet. But she has teens at home. If it was texts etc to do with her kids, I would accept that...but its not. She's doing fb and stuff.

When I am literally sweating because I am running back and forth picking up patients and she's like "look at this funny meme my friend sent me" i see red.

I have nothing against the phone when it is appropriate.....

Stuff you're talking about is clearly work related...I'm fine with that. And I don't care what you do with your phone when you're on break/lunch, but again...I'm paying someone to work for me, not pay them to check their Facebook or shop.

I work for a busy CPA office. We don't often get a lot of downtime since most of our hours are billable, but sometimes we are working on a project and waiting for a client to get back with us and don't want to start another one to only have to stop. I use that time to clean up my digital and physical files, maybe grab a 5 minute project, do some extra follow-up...I do what I am being paid to do. Even if I have nothing to do, I either find something work related or I go home.

But when I am trying to teach somebody and have to constantly redirect her to pay attention, that really gets me.

I really dislike it when I am training someone and I have to tell them to take notes. Over the last few years, I have trained several people...I give them "sample/cheat sheets", explain why we do the things the way they do them and will walk them through two months. Then I'll go to review their work and...spend several UNBILLABLE hours having to correct their work because they didn't take notes, didn't use they cheat sheets, just decided to do things their way because it was 'easier'. NO NO NO. Again, the reason why we do it this way is two-fold: 1) So you never forget to do something, 2) So anyone can pick up that file and know exactly where stuff is, what has and hasn't been done, and who did what.

I don't mind helping people out when they need help...sometimes I need it too. Last gal we hired quit after about a year because "she hadn't been properly trained". I and my co-workers just look at the boss with our mouths on the floor when he told us. Even after spending untold UNBILLABLE hours with her, going over her mistakes...here are the tools to not do it again...she'd do again. And again and again and again. And when you would ask why...when it says right on check that it was for "glass repair", you created a Glass Asset instead of booking it under Glass Repair in Repair & Maintenance...she would say "I don't know" or "I don't know why I did that". That was her stock answer for everything.

It finally reached a point with her and a couple of others in the office that the boss announced that for the first time, I cost him money. That my billable hours, because I was constantly helping everyone else, were not sufficient to cover my wages and that from now on, too many questions would result in their billable hours being transferred to me, along with all the mistakes I had to correct because of their mistakes.

@TheGecko that sounds so frustrating. It makes you want to not teach anybody anymore. Nobody knows how to use their critical thinking skills. And the not taking notes thing drives me crazy. Like I said, even with my experience, when I start a new job I bring a notebook. This girl left her notebook behind again yesterday and she has the silliest notes in there. I felt like writing "you need to take better notes" but I didn't LOL.

My boss brought up a good point though, my girl graduated during a pandemic. They had less clinical experience and a lot of virtual training. That is scary that they let them graduate like that. Xray school is a two year program, and this last class graduated missing a whole year of human/patient interaction. Our governing board has a set number of clinical hours required to get a license...I guess that went out the window for covid. I dunno, I haven't researched it. They should have adhered to the clinical hours that they needed to get their license. These are people we are taking care of.

Work ethic comes to mind as well. I mean, I figure one would follow my lead when I am working my butt off. With her I would jump up and get the patient off the table as soon as I knew the scan was over. Now when her scan is over she will announce "I'm done!" and sit there as if it is natural that I should get her patient off the table. (In my head) "oh no no honey, that's not how it works". So then I scanned a few patients myself and got up and got the patient off the table. Then I would look at her and she would be sitting on her phone clueless to what is going on around her. My partner said something to her and she said she didn't know I was done. He's like "she's quick man, you need to pay attention!"

My boss says that it's only been 4 weeks...at 4 weeks old in my profession, I was already taking call and working solo. They just extended her orientation period because my hospital only allows 4 weeks, which I feel is ridiculous for a noob.

On a better note...I found my glasses lens in my garden buried in the mulch outside my front door. I still know it shouldn't have popped out that way after one day of having the glasses, and it popped right back in (so now I can wear them). I am sure I will be having this problem for the life of the glasses, so I will have to get them looked at. But in the meantime, I have my good glasses back LOL.

My boss brought up a good point though, my girl graduated during a pandemic. They had less clinical experience and a lot of virtual training.

Which has nothing to do with her playing on her phone or not taking proper notes.

Yesterday my boss called my into the office...he and another co-worker were working on one of my clients and he was upset that I had not completed the accounting when I said I had. There was missing information, a lot of incorrectly booked items and he was about to take me to task over it. I looked at him and said 'stop'. 1) I didn't do the bookkeeping, "J" did because you wanted me to work on a different client. 2) I was only about two hours into my Review (hence those nice JEs that you noted, when you took that file and another company of the client's saying that you would finish them up as the client was going to be heading out of the country and to send you a list of missing items, two of which were the missing tax JEs. Which by the way, nobody had told me that had been uploaded (we're using a new system and we no longer receive individual notifications...just the Office Admin).

I LOVE my job...the boss is [normally] great (he did apologize for getting upset with me), I like my co-workers (we all get along really well), the benefits aren't too bad and I have a lot of flexibility if I need to take time off (we don't need permission) or the ability to work from home a couple of days a week. However, it could be a little better...I haven't had a raise or a bonus in well over a year, we need better health insurance (it doesn't cover all my insulin) and dental would be nice and the hundred mile round-trip, while better than it was since we moved last Fall, is still more than I want to do anymore.

But jobs like these don't exactly grow on trees. I am currently being 'head-hunted' by an executive recruiting company that wants me to come to work for them as one of their "Salaried Professionals"; it's a division of their company that provides a step way above 'temporary' help. Way above enough that the client would work around my schedule as opposed to me working around theirs, I can pick and choose my assignments and I still get paid whether or not I'm on assignment. My starting wage would several dollars more than I get right now with a raise in 90 days, plus minimum COL yearly raises, quarterly bonuses, a choice of three different health plans that include medical/dental/vision and they cover half, matching retirement plan of my choice, six paid holidays, paid sick time (40 hours a year), minimum two weeks vacation, mileage reimbursement. Sounds great, but I already made it clear that I'm not ready to dive into the deep end and that I wouldn't be making any change until after my currently scheduled vacation in July. But I would be willing to talk, to take some time off to do a meet & greet, yadda, yadda, yadda. I believe in the old adage that if it sounds to good to be true, there is probably a catch somewhere.

Gripe for the day (and for once it has nothing to to with work LOL)

I woke up today to what felt like my house was going to crumble in, or implode...what ever it is that the sound of them ripping out the forest next to your bedroom window sounds like first thing in the AM :mad:.

I fondly called it Fanghorn Forest. It wasn't particularly pretty, but it blocked a big intersection. My friend Pam was going to buy it a while back, but was convinced that nobody would build. on a property that was the corner property of a busy intersection.

Well the locusts are buying up every square inch of unoccupied land. I posted a while back that they were ripping it up before, but they left the forest next to my house intact, until this morning. I hate them. I came home from work tonight and stood there staring at it almost in tears. I felt like the Native American in the 1970's commercials crying at the state of the land LOL.

It's only 1/4 acre, but I cry for all the wildlife that they are displacing. I anticipated this, so I already started planting some native trees and flowers... and got a bird feeder, hummingbird feeders, etc for my back yard.

Makes me so mad. Completely leveled in one day

bye fanghorn.jpg

My gripe is FedEx (sorry if any of you work for them).

I live in between 2 hubs for FedEx, so I get packages from Montgomery and Birmingham. When one is actually delivering on time the other isn't and it seems they switch every so often as to which is the worst.

A package was to arrive last Friday and has yet to be delivered, yet has been on a truck everyday for the last week. Another package took 29 hours to get from Memphis Tn to Montgomery Al. Um it is only a 4 hour drive in a car and 5 hour drive in a semi.

Every time I try to call and complain they blame the weather which is normally sunny or tell me it will be there by the end of business day which can take up to 2 weeks of the end of business day.

My gripe is FedEx (sorry if any of you work for them).

I live in between 2 hubs for FedEx, so I get packages from Montgomery and Birmingham. When one is actually delivering on time the other isn't and it seems they switch every so often as to which is the worst.

A package was to arrive last Friday and has yet to be delivered, yet has been on a truck everyday for the last week. Another package took 29 hours to get from Memphis Tn to Montgomery Al. Um it is only a 4 hour drive in a car and 5 hour drive in a semi.

Every time I try to call and complain they blame the weather which is normally sunny or tell me it will be there by the end of business day which can take up to 2 weeks of the end of business day.
I have noticed that UPS is generally the faster service so when I can choose, I always pick UPS over FedEx. When UPS tells me it'll be here Wednesday, they really mean Tuesday. When FedEx says it'll be here Wednesday, it means they are fairly certain my package still exists.

My gripe? This...entire...day. From 6:15 this morning until 5 minutes ago has been nothing but insanity at work, immediately followed by a training zoom meeting for my volunteer work. Right in the middle of that call, My Moms automated pill box malfunctioned, so im smiling on camera and furiously trying to message my son since he was out and about.. that was 19 texts to walk through that all while in the meeting. Right after the meeting, it happened again. we just got home.

I hate my phone and I dont want to talk to one more person today.

I have noticed that UPS is generally the faster service so when I can choose, I always pick UPS over FedEx. When UPS tells me it'll be here Wednesday, they really mean Tuesday. When FedEx says it'll be here Wednesday, it means they are fairly certain my package still exists.
The nightmare courier for us is Fastway... They're the least professional company I've ever dealt with, in every possible sense. Their couriers seem to use their own unbranded vehicles so they look like just random cars (not even vans) pulling up outside the house (we live in a pretty rural spot, so that's generally concerning when it happens). They refuse to use the Eircode to locate the house, and will instead ring for directions. When I challenged the guy on it last time, he said he just liked talking to people. Great dude, but I'm busy working, and you're being paid to do this... Another delivery was days late and when I asked the driver he just shrugged and said it was only his part time job. I've had live plants delivered by them that were not only late, but handed to me in a battered box being held on its side even though it was clearly labelled with arrows. (If they do that while handing it to me, who knows how they treat the things when no one can see??)
Basically they're so bad that I will pay any amount more to avoid using them, and if they're the only delivery option available I literally won't do business with whatever company I'm trying to buy from.

DPD on the other hand, I love. There's a regular driver that we're on first name terms with, and if we're not there when he tries to deliver, he'll put the package tucked away somewhere safe and send me a text to let me know where it is 😍

I actually refuse to shop with anyone that uses FedEx, but unfortunately I can not control who my phone insurance chooses to use nor a lawyer sending paperwork.

The sad part is, if I get stuff shipped and it comes from the Birmingham FedEx, its here on time. Montgomery FedEx, I start to feel it is lost or stolen.

I however called them up, got a supervisor and talked to them. I kept getting apologized to and she herself was shocked the package that was to come last Friday hasn't made it here. Also marked down that this has been happening to us for 2 in a half years. So here's to hoping.

Gripe for the day (and for once it has nothing to to with work LOL)

I woke up today to what felt like my house was going to crumble in, or implode...what ever it is that the sound of them ripping out the forest next to your bedroom window sounds like first thing in the AM :mad:.

I fondly called it Fanghorn Forest. It wasn't particularly pretty, but it blocked a big intersection. My friend Pam was going to buy it a while back, but was convinced that nobody would build. on a property that was the corner property of a busy intersection.

Well the locusts are buying up every square inch of unoccupied land. I posted a while back that they were ripping it up before, but they left the forest next to my house intact, until this morning. I hate them. I came home from work tonight and stood there staring at it almost in tears. I felt like the Native American in the 1970's commercials crying at the state of the land LOL.

It's only 1/4 acre, but I cry for all the wildlife that they are displacing. I anticipated this, so I already started planting some native trees and flowers... and got a bird feeder, hummingbird feeders, etc for my back yard.

Makes me so mad. Completely leveled in one day

View attachment 57757

And that's what they call 'progress' - sad! 😥

In my town, UPS is the bad one... I'm usually happy when I see it's coming FedEx. It's definitely a mystery.

In my town, UPS is the bad one... I'm usually happy when I see it's coming FedEx. It's definitely a mystery.
Not for us. Where we live the UPS driver told us that they have to deliver everything on their truck before they get to start heading back. He told us one time that his last delivery was at 10pm.
I would rather get my package at 10pm than to wait a week and not know if they stole it, damaged it, lost it or whatever.

Not for us. Where we live the UPS driver told us that they have to deliver everything on their truck before they get to start heading back. He told us one time that his last delivery was at 10pm.
I would rather get my package at 10pm than to wait a week and not know if they stole it, damaged it, lost it or whatever.

In my case I think they had trouble retaining local drivers. I would get 3 and 4 emails stating 'your package cannot be deliver today'! I was getting a frozen food order from a company using UPS and they had to change their carrier to FedEx in order for the delivery to be timely. Crazy.

I think it depends on your closest hub and the management there. I've worked quite a few jobs, good ones and bad ones, and I have noticed a direct correlation between how management runs things and how much the employees care about doing their job well. The more competent and caring the managers are, the more the employees actually try to do their job right. But if everyone can tell that management is only there for a paycheck and don't even know how to do their job, the employees will just show up for a paycheck too instead of caring about providing good customer service.

I think it depends on your closest hub and the management there. I've worked quite a few jobs, good ones and bad ones, and I have noticed a direct correlation between how management runs things and how much the employees care about doing their job well. The more competent and caring the managers are, the more the employees actually try to do their job right. But if everyone can tell that management is only there for a paycheck and don't even know how to do their job, the employees will just show up for a paycheck too instead of caring about providing good customer service.

Absolutely!

Back