Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really should hook up the Alexa my husband gave me a year or two ago! My heavens, I have put that off. He must be insulted, but he never has brought it up. He figured I'd really like it because my GPS is voice activated and I use that feature constantly while driving. And I told him how much fun it was when visiting my brother, talking to his Alexa.

My daughter’s roommate from college works at Google. She puts a piece of opaque tape over the camera on her laptop. And I know Siri is always listening to me when she thinks I’m talking to her when I say to my husband “Hey, Jerry!” Therefore I’m leery of another portal of electronic entry, like Alexa, coming into our house. So I talk to myself and Mimsy the cat (all the time) when my husband’s not around. Mimsy is quite a good conversationalist, in so far as she’s good at meowing in a myriad of tones that I actually understand....I need to get out more.

Then there was the time I was watching a movie about a widow living in a retirement community. Every time she called out to her Alexa, my Alexa answered.
Smack Laugh.gif

You play 20 questions on Alexa?! Cool. :cool:
So, I'm new to Alexa and she is fast becoming my best friend. I'm embarrassed to admit, while shuffling around all alone, I talk to her, out loud, sometimes... "Now, just where did I leave my iphone... ??? Alexa, call my iphone. ... Ah, got it. ... Thanks." When I want to listen to music, I say, "Alexa, play music." and she says, "Here's a playlist I made just for you." What's not to like? 😄
Alexa comes preprogrammed with 20 questions. At least mine did. Just ask her to play.

BTW, she almost always gets it lol. Unless my friend plays lol. I had a few girls over for drinks once. Everybody was fascinated with Alexa. She became the life of the party.

I am like it is yes or no questions. Kelli is up. “Is it more that 50 lbs?” Kelli...umm, i guess so. “Sorry, I didnt get that. Is it an animal” Kelli...its a person. SMH. Yes or no kelli, yes or no lol.

Last edited:
So I went to Urgent Care on Saturday...a couple of spider bites and ear infections (yes, both ears). I got some topical stuff and drops. The topical stuff is working just fine...swelling has gone down on both bites. The ears...I think I'm going to have to head back to Urgent Care.

My 'gripe'...the doctor's notes. It says that I refused oral antibiotics...I did not. I would have been happy to take them since ear drops are a pain in the butt and the reason why I am not at work. It also says that I refused to consider that I had a skin infection as opposed to bug bits. What the heck?!? We didn't even discuss 'skin infection'.

My daughter’s roommate from college works at Google. She puts a piece of opaque tape over the camera on her laptop. And I know Siri is always listening to me when she thinks I’m talking to her when I say to my husband “Hey, Jerry!” Therefore I’m leery of another portal of electronic entry, like Alexa, coming into our house. So I talk to myself and Mimsy the cat (all the time) when my husband’s not around. Mimsy is quite a good conversationalist, in so far as she’s good at meowing in a myriad of tones that I actually understand....I need to get out more.

Me too! Even with the camera settings turned off - someone/program can access your computer and turn the camera on and take a photo/video. Not kidding.
It happened to me - the red light next to the camera lens suddenly turned on one day!

Me too! Even with the camera settings turned off - someone/program can access your computer and turn the camera on and take a photo/video. Not kidding.
It happened to me - the red light next to the camera lens suddenly turned on one day!
My daughter was @ a girls / friends night get together' they were discussing a mutual friend that was having problems' all being concerned' then suddenly Alexia chimed in and said " Should I call suicide helpline " That flipped them all out!. Yes we are being monitored all the time' through our electronic devices. I too cover my phone & computer cameras.

And I know Siri is always listening to me when she thinks I’m talking to her when I say to my husband “Hey, Jerry!” Therefore I’m leery of another portal of electronic entry, like Alexa, coming into our house.

Of course these types of devises are always "on"...how else are they to respond on demand when you say "Hey Siri" or "Hey Alexa"? They are no different than those Furbies...always on, always listening. It's why I log out of everything, why I don't 'save' passwords.

So I went to Urgent Care on Saturday...a couple of spider bites and ear infections (yes, both ears). I got some topical stuff and drops. The topical stuff is working just fine...swelling has gone down on both bites. The ears...I think I'm going to have to head back to Urgent Care.

My 'gripe'...the doctor's notes. It says that I refused oral antibiotics...I did not. I would have been happy to take them since ear drops are a pain in the butt and the reason why I am not at work. It also says that I refused to consider that I had a skin infection as opposed to bug bits. What the heck?!? We didn't even discuss 'skin infection'.
I'd call the Urgent Care and complain about that and request the oral meds since they were not offered.

Why a doctor would think you refused both those things seems a little strange, unless he/she misunderstood what was going on in the conversation.

I sometimes have trouble knowing what is being said due to my hearing impairment; and wearing masks during medical appointments only complicates communication. But it's mostly related to my hearing. Perhaps the doctor did not speak clearly enough and/or did not hear well enough to realize that perhaps there was some miscommunication and assumed incorrectly that you both understood each other.

I'd call the Urgent Care and complain about that and request the oral meds since they were not offered.

Why a doctor would think you refused both those things seems a little strange, unless he/she misunderstood what was going on in the conversation.

I sometimes have trouble knowing what is being said due to my hearing impairment; and wearing masks during medical appointments only complicates communication. But it's mostly related to my hearing. Perhaps the doctor did not speak clearly enough and/or did not hear well enough to realize that perhaps there was some miscommunication and assumed incorrectly that you both understood each other.

Definitely miscommunication because I went back and jumped all over the pills.

I did ask that my chart be updated correctly.

My gripe

out of work for two days with my sick dog, so my boss worked my shifts, with one of the youngins that graduated xray school less than a year ago. Shes become a control freak little miss know it all. Then if she does something wrong its “nobody told me..., im a newbie baby tech”

I go in at 3, shes at 3:30. Im in the middle of setting up for a trauma alert and she jumps in and scans. Whatever, go for it. She knows nothing about whats going on at this point since she literally just walked in. But she likes the glory of scanning a patient while the trauma team is in the room. They leave, and im going through her images (not checking on her, just one person scans and the other one checks pictures, like a buddy system).

Im like “hey girl, you got any more images for this chest (ct)“? she says no, why. So i said, well, normally you scan the WHOLE chest on a chest ct. Literally she cut off the whole bottom of the chest, didnt include all of the lungs. Any ct techs here will vouch for me...a ct chest goes down to the kidneys. “Nobody ever told me that” she says. Well, even if she didnt know, which she does, you at least know to get all of the lungs on a chest lol. Its nothing out of the norm, you learn it in school.

If she responded “ oh crap i didnt realize i cut it off”....it woulda been “we all screw up, let me call trauma and have them bring the patient back“... She takes no accountability.

She starts texting...phone rings, my boss wants to talk to me. I go up, she tells me that this kid says i am mean to her. Im like noooo....she doesnt like to hear the truth. All she talked about to my boss is how mean i am to her on my two days off. Im not mean, i am blunt. She doesnt want to hear it and argues that “nobody ever told her“ when she screws up. Boss is like, well maybe you could have explained to her why. ??? Why what? Why you need to include the whole chest on a chest ct?

She doesnt transport patients because we have a transporter. Last week i told her that thats why she and the other (child) get backed up. The ER nurses call them bobble heads lol. Its not just me. No work ethic. Complain that we are getting killed, but never leave the room to do anything about it, unless its to fill their gallon container of water because of some new cleanse they are on.

My boss is already aware of this, i mean ACUTELY aware of it, and not from me. She just wants me to soften my voice when i speak to this kid. “Shes delicate”. Sorry, i dont walk on eggshells around someone who doesnt want to learn.

I have trained so many newbies out of school that have gone on to be great techs and supervisors. I have letters from new techs thanking me for training them.

So i went back down from my bosses office and took back and threw away the Red Velvet cake that i just bought her from the coffee shop, before i got called in the office lol. Now THAT was being mean. Hope she learned the difference.

Decided to give in and get a shrink wrap sealer. I had one in my amazon cart all week, waiting to get paid.

I went back and forth between a few sealers, and finally settled on a $30 one. Thinking that maybe the had a black friday sale, i went to check out...its almost $2 more lol. Its now listed as a black friday deal, but they raised the original price.

i wasnt going to buy it out of spite lol. But i did, just annoyed about it.

Decided to give in and get a shrink wrap sealer. I had one in my amazon cart all week, waiting to get paid.

I went back and forth between a few sealers, and finally settled on a $30 one. Thinking that maybe the had a black friday sale, i went to check out...its almost $2 more lol. Its now listed as a black friday deal, but they raised the original price.

i wasnt going to buy it out of spite lol. But i did, just annoyed about it.
my impulse bag sealer is arriving today instead of monday, so YAY!! Glad i spent the extra $2 lol

just made my day. Had a bad night at work last night

My Gripe:
Where are the Black Friday Deals? viewing most popular sites for material's after the shipping tax or minimum order requirements theirs not much of a savings. Cant beat Amazon if you have prime w/ free shipping. I did find a good savings @ NS yay. I wanted to grab the 5lbs of Shea butter from WS but after the min 25.00 for free shipping they add 5.69 or so for a "handling Fee" which isn't much of a savings when said & done. Ugh! Soaping is costly as we all know' moving forward I've gotta reduce costly materials to a bare minimum w/ out loosing the integrity & benefits from my soap.
It's a soap thing, they don't understand: 🧼🤗💞

Latest posts

Back