Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MIL's vote has been turned into the Country Voting Registar office, so her vote will count.

Gripe: Someone in our neighborhood, I suspect a next-door neighbor, left this on our doorstep sometime this evening or after dark:

An empty bent beer can, an empty package for face masks and a note saying, "Please pick up your trash!" with a stupid smiley face in red ink.
Yay on MIL getting her vote in!
BOOOOOOOO on the note leaver! I say start mentioning it to everyone and anyone in the neighborhood, "[This happened], can you believe how asinine (perhaps that's the word you were looking for...twas my mother's fav) some people can be?" I had a very passive aggressive teen in the house for a few years. LOL

Well, the mice that inhabit my basement have finally made an appearance upstairs now as well. Hopefully they haven’t gotten to the soap room, and there are no signs there so far, but they did manage to do this to a bunch of personal soaps I have stored in my bathroom.View attachment 51111
Edited to add: I’m not too happy with this freeloader... however adorable she may beView attachment 51113
Megan, I feel for you about the gnawed on soaps. I'd spray with alcohol and probably trim the edges to get rid of the roughness and find a new place to store them.

We use pest repelling electronic devices that are still safe for cats. Every since I plugged them in around the house, the mice that used to come inside from outdoors, have never returned. We did have mice run through here a few times before that, so I know the devices work.

Some cats are hunters and some are not, so I hope you love her anyway.

Well, the mice that inhabit my basement have finally made an appearance upstairs now as well. Hopefully they haven’t gotten to the soap room, and there are no signs there so far, but they did manage to do this to a bunch of personal soaps I have stored in my bathroom.View attachment 51111
Edited to add: I’m not too happy with this freeloader... however adorable she may beView attachment 51113
I bought a house that had been empty for a few years, so it apparently became a mouse-house. I ended up getting two cats, one was a mouser, the other was a freeloader lol.

My mouser would get up into the drop ceiling, grab a mouse and run out side with it. Come back in and repeat. She single handedly exterminated my house of the mice while the freeloader sat back and got fat.

I know it's frivolous, and apparently I'm certifiably insane for thinking this, but I had a thought: what if there were lab chemistry aprons that were functional AND comfortable for women AND (this is where it gets really crazy) had some cute elements somewhere -anywhere- on them?
I mean, I don't REALLY need one, but I'm a little surprised that a change in the color of the entire thing is the only nod to individualization I'm seeing. Oh, and some of them are nominally adjustable, if they're really fancy.

Also, I want to gripe about the functionality of the designs I'm seeing because I think they could be better, but I'm going to add this instead: while most of us don't get our dream jobs when we grow up, we usually start with something when we're young and adapt or settle from there. Most little girls want to be ballerinas or fashionistas, and boys average police officer or firefighters, with a mix of whatever mommy or daddy do thrown in. They all gravitate towards whatever job makes the people who do it look cool. I have yet to meet a child who dreams of a job where they look like a potato.
Rant over.

My mom was finally released from skilled nursing today. You may remember she fell and broke her hip and wrist in August.
Well, what should have been good news changed when the NP said as I was leaving "Oh we made an appt for your mom with her GP to follow up on the Gastric Mass they saw on the CT"

The CT they did in August the day she fell. Not one Doctor or nurse in the ER, Then the hospital and the skilled nursing facility told my mom or I about a mass. 2 Months, not a thing done or any follow-up and not a word to either of us.

We had a right to know and they had a duty to tell us so we could make decisions. 2 months lost to us.

My mom was finally released from skilled nursing today. You may remember she fell and broke her hip and wrist in August.
Well, what should have been good news changed when the NP said as I was leaving "Oh we made an appt for your mom with her GP to follow up on the Gastric Mass they saw on the CT"

The CT they did in August the day she fell. Not one Doctor or nurse in the ER, Then the hospital and the skilled nursing facility told my mom or I about a mass. 2 Months, not a thing done or any follow-up and not a word to either of us.

We had a right to know and they had a duty to tell us so we could make decisions. 2 months lost to us.
Thats crazy!! I am so sorry...

Call the hospitals medical records department and request all of her records, including the Radiology and lab reports. You will probably need a note from your mother to pick them up yourself unless you are her power of attorney, then you can just get them yourself. Bring a copy of her DL or ID, and your own.

Get a CD of the ct scan from Radiology.

The reason you need all of this is for “your own (moms) records“. If you tell them that its for your doctor, they will tell you that your doctor already has access to the records/results. You have the right to your own medical records.

I presume that since they didnt tell you about it, they didnt biopsy it either. This makes me so angry.

Was she an inpatient at the hospital, or just an ER visit then SNF?

Statute of limitations on a medical claim is two years...i am sure someone here can give better legal advice than me, if you plan that route. If you need help navigating hospital blue tape and medical jargon, let me know.

How is your mother? Is she eating ok and all that?

Thats crazy!! I am so sorry...

Call the hospitals medical records department and request all of her records, including the Radiology and lab reports. You will probably need a note from your mother to pick them up yourself unless you are her power of attorney, then you can just get them yourself. Bring a copy of her DL or ID, and your own.

Get a CD of the ct scan from Radiology.

The reason you need all of this is for “your own (moms) records“. If you tell them that its for your doctor, they will tell you that your doctor already has access to the records/results. You have the right to your own medical records.

I presume that since they didnt tell you about it, they didnt biopsy it either. This makes me so angry.

Was she an inpatient at the hospital, or just an ER visit then SNF?

Statute of limitations on a medical claim is two years...i am sure someone here can give better legal advice than me, if you plan that route. If you need help navigating hospital blue tape and medical jargon, let me know.

How is your mother? Is she eating ok and all that?
Im her POA. I requested full medical records this morning including imaging CD's. She was ER where she had the CT scan but then transferred to IP for wrist surgery at another hospital, then back to SNF.

no, no biopsy, zero follow up. I know people will suggest its nothing if they didnt follow up but the NP also told me her hemoglobin had been running low and thats not a great sign.

She's eating but has been complaining of back pain a lot.

I should mention she had small cell cancer that moved to her spine in 2006 that left her paralyzed but that she beat.

She needs a follow up appt ASAP with her GP. If its not soon, according to what the NP said her appt is, call the office. Maybe get her in quicker, considering her low hemoglobin. Go from there....

There are a few nurses on here, hopefully they can chime in

The back pain could be referred pain. I agree with Catscankim; call her GP and ask if she can be seen sooner, based on the 4 criteria: mass on scan (& specify the date of the scan); low hemoglobin, contiued back pain, history of cancer explaining the situation as matter-of-factly as you can. Also ask if the Dr would like any tests prior to the visit, as it can save a lot of time with that first visit. (More scans, more blood work, etc.) Even if the appt is soon, still call and ask if pre-visit tests are in order. I'm surprised the NP didn't suggest that herself.

I know it's hard not to get emotional about this, but when you talk with the medical staff, try to remain as calm and clear and matter of fact as you can, as it will help you mom far better than excess emotion. AND remember to write down any & all questions or points for which you need answers or clarification. And make notes to help you remember what the answers or clarification are. Written notes can help you remain calm and written questions on a list you carry with you to the appt can help you stay on track.

Also make sure to bring a current list of all her medications from all sources. You probably already know that, though.

The back pain could be referred pain. I agree with Catscankim; call her GP and ask if she can be seen sooner, based on the 4 criteria: mass on scan (& specify the date of the scan); low hemoglobin, contiued back pain, history of cancer explaining the situation as matter-of-factly as you can. Also ask if the Dr would like any tests prior to the visit, as it can save a lot of time with that first visit. (More scans, more blood work, etc.) Even if the appt is soon, still call and ask if pre-visit tests are in order. I'm surprised the NP didn't suggest that herself.

I know it's hard not to get emotional about this, but when you talk with the medical staff, try to remain as calm and clear and matter of fact as you can, as it will help you mom far better than excess emotion. AND remember to write down any & all questions or points for which you need answers or clarification. And make notes to help you remember what the answers or clarification are. Written notes can help you remain calm and written questions on a list you carry with you to the appt can help you stay on track.

Also make sure to bring a current list of all her medications from all sources. You probably already know that, though.
Thank you all for your support and suggestions. It is very difficult to remain calm but I am holding my tongue and info gathering. I have to tell my mom but not until her records get here so I can give her more information

My gripe, then i think im going to bed lol.

my best guy-friend from philly...I send or mail him stuff all the time on holidays, bdays etc. Last week i was on the phone with him and he covidly reminded me that his bday was coming up. Which i remembered, just forgot to get him something.

We talk every night, and everytime he calls, im always like “Alexa!!! Turn off the radio!” after i answer the phone, and he always teases me for yelling at poor Alexa.

So after he reminded me that his bday was coming up...I quickly jumped onto amazon and ordered something to have delivered to his house. An Alexa!! I was so proud at my choice cause Alexa is part of our convo every night lol. Sometimes i put him on speakerphone and we play 20 questions lol. Hes always like “Alexa, whos Kims best friend“ just to hear it say that he is lol.

He's like oh, you are just now ordering something for my bday?? He only knew cause i asked for his address.

This guy has the weirdest intuition. Never lie to him, he will always know lol. Its eerie. Super detective.

Alexa was supposed to be there for his bday, but it didn't arrive until a week later. And now he is complaining about not knowing how to use it, that the outlet/plug that came with it isnt useful. User manual is online.... AND hes upset that he now needs an Amazon acct.

So im kidding with him...maybe we can put our alexas on speakerphone to argue with each other. He really hates the alexa, lol. Half of me feels bad that he hates it, the other half is thinking “ungreatful sucker.”

I get it, he is technically challenged lol. But he always seems to have fun with MY alexa. Over the phone. 1100 miles away. So i got him his own and i thought he would enjoy it. Apparently it is stressing him out LOL

Sometimes i put him on speakerphone and we play 20 questions lol. Hes always like “Alexa, whos Kims best friend“ just to hear it say that he is lol.
You play 20 questions on Alexa?! Cool. :cool:
So, I'm new to Alexa and she is fast becoming my best friend. I'm embarrassed to admit, while shuffling around all alone, I talk to her, out loud, sometimes... "Now, just where did I leave my iphone... ??? Alexa, call my iphone. ... Ah, got it. ... Thanks." When I want to listen to music, I say, "Alexa, play music." and she says, "Here's a playlist I made just for you." What's not to like? 😄

Latest posts

Back