Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been able to get up the motivation to do anything for weeks...and for the last few months, I've been struggling as well. I've made probably two batches of soap in as many months. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm in my first trimester (12 weeks), so I'm just really wiped out from that, but I think the pandemic has really taken the wind out of my sails as well.
The thing is, I do so much thinking about making stuff, and so much planning, and I have a list a mile long...but nothing is getting done. Especially after getting home from a full day of "actual work"
I'm just hoping I can get the energy up to do something soon...because I feel like kind of a loser because of it.

I haven't been able to get up the motivation to do anything for weeks...and for the last few months, I've been struggling as well. I've made probably two batches of soap in as many months. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm in my first trimester (12 weeks), so I'm just really wiped out from that, but I think the pandemic has really taken the wind out of my sails as well.
The thing is, I do so much thinking about making stuff, and so much planning, and I have a list a mile long...but nothing is getting done. Especially after getting home from a full day of "actual work"
I'm just hoping I can get the energy up to do something soon...because I feel like kind of a loser because of it.
You're not a loser!!! The first trimester is so hard!!! I think it's a triumph just to get through the day in your first trimester, not to mention all the added Covid stress there is these days. Hopefully you'll be feeling more energetic soon, but if not, please be kind to yourself!! ☺

Congratulations!! You are growing a person, and working, and then there is all the stress of being pregnant during a pandemic. So as I see it, you are doing quite a lot! It's been many years since I was pregnant, but I do remember being tired. My DIL is due in September and she needed a lot of extra sleep during her first trimester.

You're not a loser!!! The first trimester is so hard!!! I think it's a triumph just to get through the day in your first trimester, not to mention all the added Covid stress there is these days. Hopefully you'll be feeling more energetic soon, but if not, please be kind to yourself!! ☺
Congratulations!! You are growing a person, and working, and then there is all the stress of being pregnant during a pandemic. So as I see it, you are doing quite a lot! It's been many years since I was pregnant, but I do remember being tired. My DIL is due in September and she needed a lot of extra sleep during her first trimester.
Thank you😊 I know I should be easier on myself...I just want to do so much~

Ok, here is my gripe. I am a nurse. I worked on a covid unit. We are presently clear. I hate when I go to the grocery store and people with the gloves on. They some how think they are magical. They are filthy, touch everything, including their faces. Then, they pay cash. Cash is the filthiest thing going. Canada has the right idea with making their cash water proof. I worked as a psychiatric nurse for 13 years. I know where cash has been. I won't use it! Ok, rant over.

Ok, here is my gripe! I mentor A LOT of people in their goat raising adventures. There is one particular family whos animals are ALWAYS sick. Right now, 2 out of 4 of their goats have broken legs (long story, but I tried to get them to board up that spot, cuz I knew it would happen) one of their lambs isn't eating. I try to tell them ways to help, but they don't listen to me! But then they call me out to their place when something goes wrong! I don't know... It is frustrating! Anyways, that is my gripe!

Thank you😊 I know I should be easier on myself...I just want to do so much~
Congrats & take your time. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I was EXHAUSTED after a long day of work on my feet. If you have the opportunity to rest, rest. You really need to keep in mind that more of your body's resources are going to peanut's well being too so you should be tired now. On the plus side, you might see more of your energy return to you since your baby is closer to just growing in size mostly.

Ok, I need to vent about a certain subset of men, and these particular ones are in my family. In the last few months alone I've gotten into multiple arguments because I believe:
-S Assault should be considered a crime.
-It is possible for people to be both smart and kind, and being unkind is not evidence of intelligence.
-Predatory lending practices are not just business as usual that poor people can't afford
- Human trafficking is not better for the people in it than being poor.

The people I was arguing with had not, to my knowledge, done these crimes, but it's still infuriating. As a young-ish woman I know I'm not changing anybody's mind, but I don't like pretending to agree. They always inform me that I simply don't understand how the world works and that my observations only exist in my imagination, so I'm not sure why I even try.
Ok, rant over.

Ok, I need to vent about a certain subset of men, and these particular ones are in my family. In the last few months alone I've gotten into multiple arguments because I believe:
-It is possible for people to be both smart and kind, and being unkind is not evidence of intelligence.
-Predatory lending practices are not just business as usual that poor people can't afford

The people I was arguing with had not, to my knowledge, done these crimes, but it's still infuriating. As a young-ish woman I know I'm not changing anybody's mind, but I don't like pretending to agree. They always inform me that I simply don't understand how the world works and that my observations only exist in my imagination, so I'm not sure why I even try.
Ok, rant over.
These are beliefs of members of your male family? WOW!! I have huge empathy for you, living with such toxic male energy around you all of the time. Those kinds of people won't have their opinions changed, and it is better for your own mental health not to spend too much time around them.

Ok, rant over.
Eventually, there will come a time where you will look just as foolish as these particular persons do for arguing over the subject with them. You already know what they think, to continue to wear yourself thin arguing with them is pointless. The ones who know better will let you know they know.

These are beliefs of members of your male family? WOW!! I have huge empathy for you, living with such toxic male energy around you all of the time. Those kinds of people won't have their opinions changed, and it is better for your own mental health not to spend too much time around them.
Fortunately, I don't live with them, but thank you. I've been trying to mentally and emotionally extricate myself and establish financial independence for like 7 years now, but if I get away from those relationships, I won't get to know most of my nieces or nephews. I already kind of don't, so it would be simply deciding not to remedy that.
Eventually, there will come a time where you will look just as foolish as these particular persons do for arguing over the subject with them. You already know what they think, to continue to wear yourself thin arguing with them is pointless. The ones who know better will let you know they know.
I know, this is a recent development where I got sick of nodding along to avoid conflict. I'm still trying to decide what to do with these relationships, because they certainly aren't getting less toxic.

I know Im overreacting, and I know I should be more understanding but when mail delivery goes from 3-5 days to 7-10 days and you are patient for those 9 days, you even shrug when protests delay it longer because you understand and know why. you let yourself be excited when it finally shows on the delivery app that its coming today, and then it doesn't. I had plans for the item today which will now have to wait till monday night, or whenever it finally gets here. They dont give any details on the app anymore either so I cant even estimate how late it will be. In transit tells me nothing. May seem trivial but its been a rough week at work and I was looking forward to something being here to do. Its like the thing carrying me through is just not going to.

My Autumn Harvest FO from Elements Bath & Body. I had such plans for it...swirls in gorgeous autumn colors of red, orange, yellow, dark green. But then it accelerated and I thought...okay then, layers. And yeah, they said is discolored medium/dark brown, but I didn't think it would be THAT brown. And stupid me...I fell in love with the scent out of the bottle and went ahead and ordered a 16 oz before doing a test batch.

My gripe...

My best friend and former roommate was a real estate agent. She personally owned 6 properties and was quite wealthy.

My house was one of her properties. We had a rent to own deal because my credit sucks. Our agreement was that i rent from her for 18 months and we sign a mortgage January 1st of this year. The best part of this deal was that all rent that I paid would be counted as principle for the house, which would be in the range of $22k.

She got bad news that she got lung cancer. She made me her medical proxy and power of attorney, and said that she was just simply putting the house in my name in case something happened.

In october, i got a call that she collapsed. I got there before the paramedics and did cpr on her until they arrived, and subsequently followed them to the hospital where she died. I will spare you details.

Since then her son and i have been furiously looking for her stupid will, that i KNOW she had because she told me every single time she updated it, and told me details of changes, etc.... I refused to be nosey and never asked questions.

My rent, as per our lease, was paid bi-monthly on my payday, direct deposit to her account. Her sons attorney created an estate acct, which did not accept my direct deposit, so i send him my rent Via zelle. My bimonthly rent for august is due next friday. Yesterday i got a notice on my door for demand of payment for the balance of august rent or eviction. I did not expect this, so i do not have it until my regular rent payment is due.

i guess this kid thinks im stupid. I have a lease that says otherwise. I really dont want to go to court for this crap, but i am also not in the position to put a downpayment on another house to rent right now.

i know i have rights, and i know this greedy family just wants to liquidate the property. I should have gotten a lawyer a long time ago, but i thought this kid was going to do the right thing.

End of rant

update...i took a withdraw from my 401k. Just hoping i get it by monday so things dont get to hairy

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back