Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suiting up in full protective gear to scan a patient this afternoon and then spending another 30 minutes to decon the scan room and the control room only to have another doc order a different CT scan an hour later on the same Covid positive patient!!!

Not to mention that I'm exhausted because I've worked non-stop through the pandemic and I'm constantly worried about bringing the cooties home.
But at least I don't miss shopping. I'm too tired to shop and don't have the free time to shop even if I were so inclined.

Last edited:
Companies that decide on a whim to stop offering support.

my phone is a little over 2 years old and still works perfectly. The game I specifically bought it to play (Pokémon go) updated this week and I haven’t been able to play. It happens, a second update a few days later usually fixes things. I found out today that they made the decision to no longer be compatible with phones that have similar specs.

so I get to make a decision: stop playing a game that I’ve played daily for over 2 years that keeps me active and part of the community or spend hundreds of dollars I don’t have budgeted at the moment for a mobile game.

it feels like it should be a small issue But it’s something I can focus on compared to the craziness in the wider world right now

You have my sympathies on several levels. especially missing being able to use a Windows phone. Unless you have to charge your batter several times a day, you shouldn't need a new phone if it works.

Discovered today that my soapmaking bank account was hacked and cleaned out. Thankfully, there wasn't a lot of money in it but it was the money I was going to use to pay for the summer market season. I have reported it and the bank has opened a fraud complaint.
That is so sad! I hope you can recover the funds. 💚

Suiting up in full protective gear to scan a patient this afternoon and then spending another 30 minutes to decon the scan room and the control room only to have another doc order a different CT scan an hour later on the same Covid positive patient!!!
I am a CT tech. I feel your pain. Stay safe!

And then they call wondering why their other pts havent been done yet. Frustrating!!

Melting a 35lb pail of Palm Oil and turning my kitchen floor into a Slip & Slide. Started with the idea of just melting a large pan of the oil and pouring it into the bucket, but soon discovered that that wasn't going to work so I got out a second pan and filled it up. Thought about getting out my BIG soup pot and my pressure cooker, but I didn't want to have to wash them up too. So put the bucket in the sink and filled it with hot water (my water is really hot) then took the heavy gauge steel fork I use to pick up the turkey and large hams and broke up the bottom half. Then filled up both of my soaping 'dish pans'...spilling several ounces of oil in the process. Cleaned up the mess, cleaned up the bucket and then ran another sink full of hot water, poured the melted oil in and emptied the dish pans into the pots. Waiting for the last pot, and then when the temp of the oil drops to 100F, I'm then doing to divide the oil into three containers and freezer bags.

Anybody have a recommendation for a no-stir sustainable palm oil. And man, palm oil really dries my skin out!

Since we are on CT tech woes I will add my own Lol

Friday night i kindly offered to work a midnight shift for a kid that is scared to death to work by herself. 6orders came through at the same time from the same doc on 6 different patients. So i prioritized the hemophiliac in bed 8 that was drunk and in a motorcycle accident (wrong on so many levels)

Doc is like omg can you take 6 first? Sure....guess shes not worried about the bloodied up drunk motorcycle guy that just hit a parked cop car lol...with a bleeding disorder.

After struggling with this drunk (Bed 6) 72 y/o belligerent guy who fell at the hotel bar, i bring him back only to hear said doctor whining in the nurses station ”what is going on with ct tonight? Why hasnt bed 8 been done“ (the hemophiliac that i came to get in the first place)

mind you, im only 20 minutes into my shift lol.

I might be in Florida, but i am from philly, This conversation didnt go over well lol

My prescription might not be ready before I go on vacation.

I'm in Michigan but both my husband and I are from Chicago’s south side. My MiL turns 60 next week and we’ve had long standing plans with my husband’s family plus we’re going to take a few days with my family because we haven’t seen any family since november. (Tie in my BiL’s birthday in a few days, Father’s Day, and my niece turns 1 on July 4th - lots of parting to fit in a few days).

most of it is just poor timing. As soon as we get back I’ll be due for my yearly physical and my prescription will get officially renewed. I use Walmart’s pharmacy and they do call in prescriptions if you need a refill. Problem is that the nurse practitioner I see doesnt work mondays. Everything will work out, I’m just leaving Wednesday afternoon and I don’t know if the approvals will happen in time. I’m also over stressing again because it’s a small thing I can focus on instead of the big issues involved in planning this years vacation

Did they list the ready to ship time on the listing? I know, for instance, bud has a 1-2 week ship time (as listed), and I think that's because he does make them to order. I expect ground shipping for most etsy orders unless they have other options to choose from.
Understand what you are saying, but to top it all off, it didnt really ship On thursday. They created the label then, but waited till friday Night after the cut off time to actually give it to UPS.

@Catscankim , I soooooo feel your pain! When I'm working with those docs, I tell them that if they order 6 CT's at once, then that 6th one is going to take a hot minute. I can't stack them up on the CT bed like logs, ya know. Hang in there and take care of yourself as well :)

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Sending prayers. Sadly I don't have any grandparents left. Miss them a bunch.
My grandpa died last Monday.
I'm still very sad, the funeral is going to be tomorrow.
Also last night I kinda got into an argument with my fiance and I really don't know with who(m?) I can talk to about this.

I hope, this finds you in a better place, your grandpa's funeral went well and the issue with your fiancee was resolved.
I came upon another posting and I would like to share it with you and anyone else who might be going through some hard moments.

"Grief is a long dark journey and there's no timeline when it eases enough to live again. All I can tell you is about my journey and hope it somehow helps. When my sister, Brenda, died I poured my feelings into a journal, talked to family, read poetry and began to write my own poems. I wrote what I loved about her, the wonderful memories, her impact on my life and how fortunate I was to know her. In time, I remembered she loved me as much as I loved her, and would never want me suffering, just as I would not have wanted that for her had I died first. She also came to me in a dream one morning, and told me she was in a beautiful place with our Mom and others who'd passed before her. That dream was the most realistic dream I'd ever had and gave me hope. I still cry sometimes because I miss her so, but I also think of the overwhelming joy when I see her again, and when I do, it will be forever. I wrote Seasons of Grief after I emerged from my dark place and published it to help others."

check her website.

Source: Seasons Of Grief, Grief Poem

with best wishes:)

Not to mention that I'm exhausted because I've worked non-stop through the pandemic and I'm constantly worried about bringing the cooties home.
But at least I don't miss shopping. I'm too tired to shop and don't have the free time to shop even if I were so inclined.
I have found that I’m more exhausted after having to wear a mask for 12 1/2 hours straight. 😐. On my days off, it’s a struggle to just “ catch up” to the cleaning, grocery shopping, etc...

My grandpa died last Monday.
I'm still very sad, the funeral is going to be tomorrow.
Also last night I kinda got into an argument with my fiance and I really don't know with who(m?) I can talk to about this.

My condolences on your loss. If you need to talk, I;m a good listener.

My gripe for the day...

after waiting almost 3 weeks for a shipment to finally arrive today, the coconut FO leaked all over everything and you cant read any of the labels on anything, however everything smells absolutely wonderful now lol. One of the pigments is only half full compared to all of the other ones that are supposed to be the same size, and the cocoa butter pastilles melted into one big glob.
grrrrrr

I'm aware of it being an allergy. I'm certain it's not milk and I already have intolerances to soy (even though I can use soy sauce safely depending on brand). I'm leaning in on my mom's suspicion that it may have been the stuffing I used. I normally make my own but I decided to use the Stove Top. I'm still waiting until I'm sure I have metabolized the antihistamines to see about getting tested.

Side gripe- I took 20mL of Children's Benadryl. How in the world can does a low dose like that make a technically overweight adult like me drowsy for two days? I had to leave work early because I could barely function.

benadryl does the same thing to me.

After fully reviewing my supplies that i just griped about, i realized that i received a lot more stuff than i ordered.
they doubled the order of two of my micas, and tripled my activated charcoal. I feel bad about my gripe cause now i feel like i owe them money for the mistake. I just emailed them to see what they want me to do.

@Catscankim Melted cocoa butter would be expected during this time of year unfortunately. I only order butters in the fall up until the early spring. Be aware that Coconut FO mostly morphs in CP to a plastic smell and may accelerate the soap. I've tried probably a dozen different coconut FO's. It took blending 4 or 5 of them to get something that smelled decent but it still didn't last.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Sending prayers. Sadly I don't have any grandparents left. Miss them a bunch.
Thank you, I'm sorry to hear.

I hope, this finds you in a better place, your grandpa's funeral went well and the issue with your fiancee was resolved.
I came upon another posting and I would like to share it with you and anyone else who might be going through some hard moments.
Thank you it is comforting to read, I've been trying to find comfort in helping my family members.
Letting them know I care about them and think about them a lot. I think now it is more important then ever before to try help each other.
I'm trying to look at the positive things and even though I'm still very sad I know it's a part of life.
And I'm trying to reach out more often when I feel like I need help or just sad in general.

Things are pretty much back to normal with my fiance. Next October we will be together for 13 years!
Most things we can work through together.

My condolences on your loss. If you need to talk, I;m a good listener.

Thank you I appreciate it! I'll keep it in mind.

Latest posts

Back