Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gripe, house sold right behind me . today they took down the 4 trees that not only block the afternoon hot sun but now when they build their 2nd floor theirs will be 25' between mine and theirs.
Le sigh it was so nice being the ONLY 2 story house in the surrounding area

today they took down the 4 trees that not only block the afternoon hot sun.....

We have this huge, tall evergreen bush in front our big picture window in the living room (southern exposure)...big enough to block the heat during the summer, but still allow in some light. For twelve years we never needed more than fans to keep it under 80F. Then one afternoon hubby and I ran to store shortly after the landscapers showed up and when we came back, they had butchered that bush! Now we’re spending and extra $30 to $40 month for an A/C and living in a cave to keep it it under 80F.

We have this huge, tall evergreen bush in front our big picture window in the living room (southern exposure)...big enough to block the heat during the summer, but still allow in some light. For twelve years we never needed more than fans to keep it under 80F. Then one afternoon hubby and I ran to store shortly after the landscapers showed up and when we came back, they had butchered that bush! Now we’re spending and extra $30 to $40 month for an A/C and living in a cave to keep it it under 80F.
:( That's sad. 3 years ago the Landlord cut the 2 big trees in our yard to the East. My house was so easy to cool off. Then he took off the wooden siding and put up that crappy vinyl siding. I now spend TWICE in Heating ! so can't wait to move...

That is pretty slow. I'm trying to reach them to cancel and order that hasn't shipped but I've been charged for. There is no answer when I call customer service. Which btw doesn't sound very professional.
Idk but I know I'll never order from them again.

Other Gripe: Wearing a Face mask with Glasses

I found a tip online, put a strip of tissue paper/paper towel under the top of the mask. It helps to wick up the moisture to keep your glasses clear.

i tried it last night at work. Not a perfect solution but I was fiddling with my glasses less and felt more confident the mask was doing it’s job (as in I wasn’t touching my face every 5 minutes to adjust my glasses or the mask)

My grandpa died last Monday.
I'm still very sad, the funeral is going to be tomorrow.
Also last night I kinda got into an argument with my fiance and I really don't know with who(m?) I can talk to about this.

My grandpa died last Monday.
I'm still very sad, the funeral is going to be tomorrow.
Also last night I kinda got into an argument with my fiance and I really don't know with who(m?) I can talk to about this.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Sending prayers. Sadly I don't have any grandparents left. Miss them a bunch.

Disgusted that my local grocery store has absolutely NO deals on anything... and all the prices went up!!😡. I am an “ essential” worker so I’m not missing a paycheck.. but I feel bad for the ppl.. especially the elderly living on a fixed income, and the folks who are not working and/or now out of a job.

Not being able to shop where I want! I know that's pretty superficial but this whole thing is getting a bit tedious!

Spent the morning in the ER. I moved funny at 430 am this morning and my back spasmed to the point I could not move any muscle without extreme pain. After using my phone to wake up the son and husband, they came downstairs to rescue me and load me into the car to bring me in. This was the worst spasm i have ever had. I could not stand or walk unassisted. Spent the morning in ER and now im on bedrest. no making soap or anything else for me.

You know, if I spend $113 in your Etsy shop, making me wait two full weeks before you ship my item and then when you do, you ship it standard ground, it chaps my hide. By the time it gets to me it will have been 3 weeks. I dont care how good the soap cutter is, I wont shop at that store again.

You know, if I spend $113 in your Etsy shop, making me wait two full weeks before you ship my item and then when you do, you ship it standard ground, it chaps my hide. By the time it gets to me it will have been 3 weeks. I dont care how good the soap cutter is, I wont shop at that store again.
I waited that long plus for mine. It was made when I put in the order. Could that be the case. Or was it something stock. Then I'd be a bit upset too.

I waited that long plus for mine. It was made when I put in the order. Could that be the case. Or was it something stock. Then I'd be a bit upset too.
It could be that it was made but it didn't say so in the description and they didn't message me I think I would have felt a lot more patient if they would have sent me a message and said hey your cutter is in production and it will be ready on whatever date.

It could be that it was made but it didn't say so in the description and they didn't message me I think I would have felt a lot more patient if they would have sent me a message and said hey your cutter is in production and it will be ready on whatever date.
Did they list the ready to ship time on the listing? I know, for instance, bud has a 1-2 week ship time (as listed), and I think that's because he does make them to order. I expect ground shipping for most etsy orders unless they have other options to choose from.

Companies that decide on a whim to stop offering support.

my phone is a little over 2 years old and still works perfectly. The game I specifically bought it to play (Pokémon go) updated this week and I haven’t been able to play. It happens, a second update a few days later usually fixes things. I found out today that they made the decision to no longer be compatible with phones that have similar specs.

so I get to make a decision: stop playing a game that I’ve played daily for over 2 years that keeps me active and part of the community or spend hundreds of dollars I don’t have budgeted at the moment for a mobile game.

it feels like it should be a small issue But it’s something I can focus on compared to the craziness in the wider world right now

Latest posts

Back