Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ID theft x 3! First two were small charges, under twenty. Caught them bank reversed. Then my debit card got hacked big time once. All reversed but a couple week wait for refund. Ugh! Feel for you! Happens to much to too many people!
The first one I didn't notice was $100 at Sonic drive through of all places!! the rest were pretty small. Bank decided they wanted a police report so got that taken care of this morning, and as of now all charges are reversed.

I honestly don't know how it happened or how they got my card number, but the card has been deactivated and my hub has also requested a new card/w new number as well, and we have transferred most of our money out of that account and now that's the "only if we absolutely need it" account...

My job is precarious and the owners have been upfront about the situation with all the employees. So a job came up and I was at the second interview and they went on about the company culture. Supposedly everyone there is happy to work 10 hours a day week in and week out.

I emailed today to tell them I wasn't interested as I need a work life balance. I can afford to be unemployed for a while if it comes to that and an too darn old for that stuff.

LOL, that's awesome! Nice to catch them in the act!

You can imagine him seeing the tracker telling him how far alone his pizza was when he didn't order it. the NY Dominos was kinda freaked to here a guy from Philly calling about the order. Some how I don't think they would have made the 30 delivery time!

So Ive had this rash on about a third of my body, everywhere elastic touches.. makes sense its some sort of Latex allergy or something. PCP gave me some cream which was kind of spendy and told me if it didnt go away in 2 weeks to come back and see her and she would send me to a dermatologist.. Umm im not spending $120 to see her just so she can send me to another doc so after 2 weeks, cream not working so I made my own dermatologist appointment.
Heres where it gets irritating. Im telling the dermatologist everything ive eliminated to try and figure out what im allergic to and I tell him I switched my detergent from something I make that has FO to a fragrance/dye free version. He latched onto that and proceeded to say he was suspicious of any self made products and that I should stop using my bar soap, my lotion etc even unscented. Even though he believes its either a laundry detergent OR clothing dye sensitivity. I go thru my ingredients with him to show there really isnt anything harsh in them but he wont let it go.tells me I should be using something for sensitive skin and he gives me a bag full of samples of soap, lotion, face wash, shampoo etc. Over the counter stuff and to buy it wouldnt be hugely expensive but I flip the "Soap" over and read the ingredients.. and its an all detergent bar... face wash, same thing, body wash, ditto, even the lotion is petroleum based. I looked at him like he had to be kidding. Funny, my hands and face and every where else there isnt elastic or spandex AND that I regularly use my lotion on, is rash free. (the rash areas, I did not put lotion on because i was using medicated cream)

Over the counter stuff and to buy it wouldnt be hugely expensive but I flip the "Soap" over and read the ingredients.. and its an all detergent bar... face wash, same thing, body wash, ditto, even the lotion is petroleum based. I looked at him like he had to be kidding. Funny, my hands and face and every where else there isnt elastic or spandex AND that I regularly use my lotion on, is rash free. (the rash areas, I did not put lotion on because i was using medicated cream)

That figures! Dr's seem to hate anything natural and always opt for the synthetics. I don't even bother to tell my Dr about what I do anymore. I love my dr to death and will hate when he retires, but he's just like the majority of his kind when it comes to all the drugs etc.

That figures! Dr's seem to hate anything natural and always opt for the synthetics. I don't even bother to tell my Dr about what I do anymore. I love my dr to death and will hate when he retires, but he's just like the majority of his kind when it comes to all the drugs etc.
I wouldn't have told him at all because it doesn't come up in normal doctor conversation but he wanted to know what I had tried eliminating since this whole thing started

OMG! My company just asked me to install ILLEGALLY obtained software onto a computer!!!!!
I do not like doing this, I told them I will not do it, and I was then "forced" to do it ... this is WRONG!
I did screenshots of every written conversation and my stand on the issue and have made it known that I am doing this under DURESS!

My PCP is a great guy I have raised from his internship! He knows I am an Herbalist, and he knows I make my own self care products. Yes, I can seem "New Age-y" to some, but this is something I have been for 40 years. He respects me and my way of life. I tell him what is wrong and what I have done to alleviate the problem. I know my body and what is going on with it, and he has seen my remedies work.

My PCP is a great guy I have raised from his internship! He knows I am an Herbalist, and he knows I make my own self care products. Yes, I can seem "New Age-y" to some, but this is something I have been for 40 years. He respects me and my way of life. I tell him what is wrong and what I have done to alleviate the problem. I know my body and what is going on with it, and he has seen my remedies work.
Wow! That's great to hear! :)

My PCP is like that too. I very rarely get sick, but when I do, he always listens carefully to what I think is going on. The dermatology practice I go to is another story. It seems to be all about expensive little bottles of creams and serums and there are lots of pamphlets for Botox.

The conference I was looking forward to has been postponed due to the corona virus. I really needed this time away and now wont happen till September. I think im still going to take a wee off. Just sucks

So Ive had this rash on about a third of my body, everywhere elastic touches.. makes sense its some sort of Latex allergy or something. PCP gave me some cream which was kind of spendy and told me if it didnt go away in 2 weeks to come back and see her and she would send me to a dermatologist.. Umm im not spending $120 to see her just so she can send me to another doc so after 2 weeks, cream not working so I made my own dermatologist appointment.
Heres where it gets irritating. Im telling the dermatologist everything ive eliminated to try and figure out what im allergic to and I tell him I switched my detergent from something I make that has FO to a fragrance/dye free version. He latched onto that and proceeded to say he was suspicious of any self made products and that I should stop using my bar soap, my lotion etc even unscented. Even though he believes its either a laundry detergent OR clothing dye sensitivity. I go thru my ingredients with him to show there really isnt anything harsh in them but he wont let it go.tells me I should be using something for sensitive skin and he gives me a bag full of samples of soap, lotion, face wash, shampoo etc. Over the counter stuff and to buy it wouldnt be hugely expensive but I flip the "Soap" over and read the ingredients.. and its an all detergent bar... face wash, same thing, body wash, ditto, even the lotion is petroleum based. I looked at him like he had to be kidding. Funny, my hands and face and every where else there isnt elastic or spandex AND that I regularly use my lotion on, is rash free. (the rash areas, I did not put lotion on because i was using medicated cream)
If you can, try covering the elastic areas with a soft cloth (stitch it on over the elastic) and see if that helps. If it does, you have contact dermatitis and will need to find alternatives to the elastic being used. Any dermatologist worth his/her salt should know this.

Such an enormous financial burden to sooo many people. I'm sorry this is happening to you. :(
Actually for me I will be ok, I do not live pay-pay. I almost want to call them and tell them that if anyone NEEDS the shift to let them have it (if that makes sense).
Then again, this is a p/t Cheesecake factory gig so I would like to buy some cheesecake ;)

Back