Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the last week & a half I've been nursing a badly sprained knee and I'm so over it. I'm bored and restless and annoyed with everything, but can barely hobble around. My double-jointedness probably saved me from breaking something when I fell down all the bloody stairs, but now my knee is wobbly & trying to hyperextend whenever I walk. And we're getting snow tonight, so in the morning I'll have to try not to fall going to & from the truck to take the kids to school. I'm so darn crabby! :mad:

I'm tired.

Too many things n people to take care of that I haven't gotten the time to get my legs waxed or even make soap. Haven't been able to be on this forum much, not like how I used to.

Lol

Sounds petty but sheesh..... "I got this, I'm strong, I can do this" is getting old.

My gripe. So hate having my career dangling by a string. And corporate greed. Disgusting that a CEO of my hospitals "chain" makes 1.6 million. Yet because our hospital sits next to 1,000 homeless shelter beds our clients are destitute. So for a non-profit facility we "don't make money" so they (greedy corporate big wigs) want to close our hospital. Yet working in the capitol city with 2 larger hospitals on each side of our hospital I can tell you there has been numerous days where there is not 1 open hospital bed anywhere in our city! Transferring patients 10 to 25 miles away. And as I sit and stew I now after 29 years I have to re-bid on my job. Let alone close what historically is the very 1st hospital in St. Paul MN!
The more I stress the more soap I make!

For the last week & a half I've been nursing a badly sprained knee and I'm so over it. I'm bored and restless and annoyed with everything, but can barely hobble around. My double-jointedness probably saved me from breaking something when I fell down all the bloody stairs, but now my knee is wobbly & trying to hyperextend whenever I walk. And we're getting snow tonight, so in the morning I'll have to try not to fall going to & from the truck to take the kids to school. I'm so darn crabby! :mad:
That’s terrible! I hope your knee is doing a lot better by now. I would think a knee brace might give some support when that knee is feeling weak.

My gripe. So hate having my career dangling by a string. And corporate greed. Disgusting that a CEO of my hospitals "chain" makes 1.6 million. Yet because our hospital sits next to 1,000 homeless shelter beds our clients are destitute. So for a non-profit facility we "don't make money" so they (greedy corporate big wigs) want to close our hospital. Yet working in the capitol city with 2 larger hospitals on each side of our hospital I can tell you there has been numerous days where there is not 1 open hospital bed anywhere in our city! Transferring patients 10 to 25 miles away. And as I sit and stew I now after 29 years I have to re-bid on my job. Let alone close what historically is the very 1st hospital in St. Paul MN!
God bless you, Noreen, for making this world a better place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ours was bought out in 2016 and we are now the largest hospital system in Michigan. I had to rebid for my position last year after 40 years. And I was going through divorce at the same time. Fortunately, I got my job. I just need to make it 6 more years. I know what you're going through.

Thank you Wilda! Means a LOT!!!!

Shunt2011 wow! After 40 years???? Okay! Not alone in this misery! I feel relatively "safe" as I have 21 years of RN seniority. It is just ugly! Downright ugly! And I do care about the younger nurses with student loans! As we speak the city is actually trying to come up with legislation to save us!

Last edited by a moderator:

Used to know a CPA who had worked at a "non-profit" company at one time. She informed me that "non-profit" just means that they cannot show a profit at tax time, but it doesn't mean that they can't make quite a bit of money. The money just needs to be spent on something. That might be high wages for certain people or it might be ensuring that it all gets spent on equipment that they really don't need. She also said that a hospital that she had worked for at one time would routinely send the patient / insurance company an invoice twice because some people / insurance companies would just automatically pay it.

Now, with respect to your director supposedly making $1.6M, you have to consider that his job is to bring donations into the hospital. If he's not bringing in a lot of money that way, they are not going to continue paying him that much. How much money does he bring in each year? And a lot of times, you are paying someone for the contacts that they have. For example, a lot of senior officers in the military end up in upper management in the defense contractor firms. It's not because they have some particular military skill that the company needs -- it's because they have contacts in the military and they can steer contracts toward the contractor firms because people like working with people that they already know and trust.

I'm tired.

Too many things n people to take care of that I haven't gotten the time to get my legs waxed or even make soap. Haven't been able to be on this forum much, not like how I used to.

Lol

Sounds petty but sheesh..... "I got this, I'm strong, I can do this" is getting old.
I know what you mean, Dawni. At least you’re still young. Wait till you get my age. Anyway, my kitchen counter has a pile of soaping supplies at one end and I’ve been trying to improve or develop some new recipes. I’m ready for that moment when I can get a little time to make a new batch. My husband loves my soap (he has psoriasis) and I love to make it. Good luck and go make you some soap. It’s good for the soul!

I'm tired.

Lol

I truly understand. I have a special needs daughter and she is a handful. I get by telling myself it could be so much worse.

Today's gripe? debit card got hacked, and in little more than 12 hours got taken for over $200- I know it's not much - compared to what it could have been - but still,
The bank took immediate action when I called them, but I'm just irritated and angry (not at the bank they were awesome after I got to the fraud dept)
The first lady tried to tell me someone stole my physical card and I was like "well, I'm holding it in my hand, so I don't think so" then she said no no, the numbers were keyed in, then she was like, no no the card was swiped. So finally I was like "do you have a fraud department, can I talk to them maybe?" LOL
The fraud department was like "yeah, there's been a rash of these at these places so I believe you were hacked and the charges will be reversed in 2-3 days but can take up to 10 days" Boom- done.
He was super nice and looks like all is going to be well, but dang. I'm just thankful I caught it so quickly and that they did something about it immediately and will fix it without too much hassle on my end.

Today's gripe? debit card got hacked, and in little more than 12 hours got taken for over $200- I know it's not much - compared to what it could have been - but still,
He was super nice and looks like all is going to be well, but dang. I'm just thankful I caught it so quickly and that they did something about it immediately and will fix it without too much hassle on my end.

Wow! Glad you caught it right away! Sooo many thieves out there these days ... you just never know ...
I'm sorry this happened to you. :(

Wow! Glad you caught it right away! Sooo many thieves out there these days ... you just never know ...
I'm sorry this happened to you. :(
Thanks. I'm pretty sure I have it squared away, I just wish I knew which transaction it was I made that triggered this, because it has to have been someone that got my number from somewhere. (I have the physical card with me) Also, I've only used this card 5 times since beginning of December. Bleh...

Anyway, the bank has been alerted, my account has been put on hold, and my card deactivated and a new one issued, so I think it's in good shape, just a PITA...

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I have it squared away, I just wish I knew which transaction it was I made that triggered this, because it has to have been someone that got my number from somewhere. (I have the physical card with me) Also, I've only used this card 5 times since beginning of December. Bleh...

Anyway, the bank has been alerted, my account has been put on hold, and my card deactivated and a new one issued, so I think it's in good shape, just a PITA...

Glad it was all taken care of quickly. :)

I just wish I knew which transaction it was I made that triggered this, because it has to have been someone that got my number from somewhere.
I had the same happen to me. Luckily it was only a 25 USD spend. Complete PITA... had to freeze my account till the new card comes, etc.

I have seen some interesting videos where thieves put an additional attachment into the ATM machine's card slot. So when you insert your card, the attachment swipes the magnetic strip and sends the data to the thieves. With this info they can duplicate your debit card and its just like having the physical card with you.

I've also seen another technique that they use for the "newer" contactless cards (you will see a wifi like icon on the card), where they can have a phone like device that is brought close enough to your wallet to enable the data transfer. If I remember correctly, they were demonstrating men with their wallets in their back pocket and the thief just passing by behind them.

It sure is a scary feeling knowing someone has access to your money :eek:

ID theft x 3! First two were small charges, under twenty. Caught them bank reversed. Then my debit card got hacked big time once. All reversed but a couple week wait for refund. Ugh! Feel for you! Happens to much to too many people!

My husband had to call New York to inform the Dominos there of a fraudulent charge. They had gotten a hold of his info, but Dominos has e-status on your order. He called the fraud line, they killed his card. Dominos had the police waiting for the couple who came in for the order there.

My husband had to call New York to inform the Dominos there of a fraudulent charge. They had gotten a hold of his info, but Dominos has e-status on your order. He called the fraud line, they killed his card. Dominos had the police waiting for the couple who came in for the order there.

LOL, that's awesome! Nice to catch them in the act!

Latest posts

Back